Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

I did exactly the same thing and I think you are correct.

To send the cars to NT was about that much :) I tought what a bargain.

Yes, but in NT we had our own enclosed truck waiting around for us for the whole trip. It was only that cheap ($4,500/car) as there were 6 cars in the truck. Here, there is no group discount. And there is no 5 star service either - car gets in a container and then rolls out of the container at the other end. That's all.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too long flight for business. It has to be 1st - $12k with Qantas/Emirates.

The whole Lambo tour fee (5,500euro) is coming out of my pocket.

The whole point of this thing would be to drive my own car. If I can't do that, I wouldn't be doing the tour.

I see, your cost of convenience is an extra $5500 on flights, business is just fine for me :icon_mrgreen:

I can not see twice the value in the 1st class service.

Find a friend split the fees, it would be boring to fly and tour solo.

Yes, but in NT we had our own enclosed truck waiting around for us for the whole trip. It was only that cheap ($4,500/car) as there were 6 cars in the truck. Here, there is no group discount. And there is no 5 star service either - car gets in a container and then rolls out of the container at the other end. That's all.

Good point.

Good point.

I received this email from [email protected] today and it quoted:

--------------------------------------------

Step 1: Register.

Step 2: Vehicle transportation.

Email the Lamborghini USA team at our agency, Centigrade, to arrange your car’s transportation and insurance coverage including Europe. You’ll need to deliver your Lamborghini to your dealer by April 1 2013. It will be checked as per the program rules and then transported and shipped to Italy for you to collect in Milan on May 7. Cost of transporting your Lamborghini to Milan (and back to your dealer afterwards) is $9000. We’ll need to receive your payment by February 28 2013.

Advice? More details? We’re here to help

Any questions? Please email the Centigrade team at [email protected] we will be happy to help. Our office reopens after the holidays on Wednesday January 2, 2013 so you can call +1 866 400 1001 and talk to the team in person if you prefer.

-----------------------------------------------

I called the 866 400 1001 number today and spoke to Julie. She confirmed that $9000 covers the inspection at a nearest dealer where you would drop off the car, transport to Milan, transport back from Bolognese, Shipping insurance and the car+liability insurance in Italy for that duration. This is a great package and I have changed my decision of renting and will ship my car to Italy.

I was in a hurry and put down deposit of $2500 on car rental booking which is not refundable, but can be used for any other rental from that comapny.

Manju.

Skip the 9 day tour

Airfares return business class Singapore Airlines $6500

Rental car in Europe $10,000

Lambo tour per person is $3200

$19,200

Plus 9 day tour

$31,275

I can't do the extra days either. I am still attending, but I have my second child due in mid-late April. I will have a newborn. I will see how many days I can go. My wife will have full time help, but I don't want to leave her too long.

VCR I think that's a sort of goodwill gesture on Lambo's part not a compulsory inspection.Also I expect the rental cars to be in good working order.

So that leaves paranoia :icon_mrgreen:

Paranoia, perhaps; :ninja: :icon_mrgreen:

Reality & compulsory, absolutely.

Article 3 of the General Terms reads:

...Each vehicle must undergo an inspection at the nearest Authorizes Dealer/Qualified Workshop....This inspection may, alternatively, be performed by your local/regular mechanic. In this case, the workshop must perform the checks listed in the Lamborghini checklist... When the inspection has been performed, the mechanic must certify and sign that all the checks included in the list have been performed.

The certification must be sent to [email protected] before the event, or else presented at the start of the Lamborghini Grand Tour.

The inspection must be performed two weeks prior to the date of shipping, or else two weeks before the start of the event for vehicles arriving by road. Absence of the certification may be cause for disqualification and exclusion from the tour.

Btw, I think every Lamborghini owner who bought a Lambo from the authorized dealers in N.Am or registered their cars to Lamborghini got a letter today from Michael Lock, COO of Automobili Lamborghini America (see 3 post above). Looks like there are enough gripes about shipping and insurance costs that Lambo is finally doing something to remedy the situation; and/or attempting to do some damage control and attracting more participants. Good thing is this deal will include Canada. The cars will be shipped via sea-freight though.

I see, your cost of convenience is an extra $5500 on flights, business is just fine for me :icon_mrgreen:

I can not see twice the value in the 1st class service.

Find a friend split the fees, it would be boring to fly and tour solo.

I can't sleep in the business class beds as my shoulders are too wide, so I have to lay sideways = uncomfortable. No such problem in the 1st class suites, which means I arrive refreshed and not jet lagged.

My own company is the best company ;)

Paranoia, perhaps; :ninja: :icon_mrgreen:

Reality & compulsory, absolutely.

Article 3 of the General Terms reads:

...Each vehicle must undergo an inspection at the nearest Authorizes Dealer/Qualified Workshop....This inspection may, alternatively, be performed by your local/regular mechanic. In this case, the workshop must perform the checks listed in the Lamborghini checklist... When the inspection has been performed, the mechanic must certify and sign that all the checks included in the list have been performed.

The certification must be sent to [email protected] before the event, or else presented at the start of the Lamborghini Grand Tour.

The inspection must be performed two weeks prior to the date of shipping, or else two weeks before the start of the event for vehicles arriving by road. Absence of the certification may be cause for disqualification and exclusion from the tour.

If that's the case we can organize with the rental company to send their cars to the closest Lambo dealer and have their cars checked free of charge in accordance with Lamborghini's check lists and have the report available for us at pickup.

If that's not a possibility most people will be out because it is logistically a PITA.

After all this nonsense Lamborghini comes up with I am not so sure they want us there.

I can't sleep in the business class beds as my shoulders are too wide, so I have to lay sideways = uncomfortable. No such problem in the 1st class suites, which means I arrive refreshed and not jet lagged.

My own company is the best company ;)

I understand, if I felt uncomfortable in business I'd probably see value in first but business is more than comfortable for me, also I can never sleep on planes, I would only feel comfortable if I was to fly the damn things myself :icon_mrgreen:

I received this email from [email protected] today and it quoted:

--------------------------------------------

I was in a hurry and put down deposit of $2500 on car rental booking which is not refundable, but can be used for any other rental from that comapny.

Manju.

Manju maybe another member who wants to rent while in Italy could take your deal and help you recover some of your outlay if not all.Good Luck

If that's the case we can organize with the rental company to send their cars to the closest Lambo dealer and have their cars checked free of charge in accordance with Lamborghini's check lists and have the report available for us at pickup.

If that's not a possibility most people will be out because it is logistically a PITA.

After all this nonsense Lamborghini comes up with I am not so sure they want us there.

The 1st point sounds good.

The 2nd point is my point exactly.

The 3rd point: as stated above, their "scare tactics" surely worked as I don't think people are running to their PC or dealers to sign up. Shipping the cars is a logistic nightmare, insurance is nearly impossible and renting cars (from the Lambo-sanctioned company) appears to want everything from you plus your first-born. The deadline is 3 weeks away; less if one factors in all the holidays coming up. The fact that Lambo US is stepping-in assisting on the shipping, insurance and even add a side trip (at extra costs) seems a clear signal to me that participation is scarce and Lambo SpA wants more turn-out. And even this is a bit of a joke --- the Lambo US letter went out to the North American west coast just as the Lambo US office is about to shut their doors for the holidays. They will re-open on Jan/2 --- less than 2 weeks before registration deadline!

According to the factory email, I am NOT allowed to invite my wife as a guest to attend the Sat evening

dinner gala evn though I have already indicated that I plan to attend the whole 5-day event by myself

without copilot and I am willing to pay a fee in advance for my wife's attendance!!

I do not feel like to go anymore and hesitate to sign up unless my wife is confirmed NOW to be able to

attend the last day event!!!

A lot of things/rules the organiztion compamy implementing now are just plain sily, rude and ugly!

^^ madness!

Regarding the inspection of rental cars: it makes no sense to check a rental car 2 weeks before the event - who's to say it won't subsequently be hired out by some teenage trust fund idiot and thrashed?

Also, this test is surely not going to be a PPI type thorough leak-down clutch-wear fine toothed comb affair? More likely tires, brakes, fluids and general road worthiness ? I see no reason why this couldn't be done the day before.. ( assuming the rental cars are not dogs....!)

Can you imagine a scenario whereby you have paid your €5.5k, flown half way round the world and they deny you entry because you rental car didn't check out?

It would be ugly to say the least!

Ps. Manju that sounds like a great outcome for you ( apart from the deposit ... Ouch! )

Can you imagine a scenario whereby you have paid your €5.5k, flown half way round the world and they deny you entry because you rental car didn't check out?

It would be ugly to say the least!

I will take a car out of their museum :icon_mrgreen:

I will take a car out of their museum :icon_mrgreen:

Zack, Fortis

I believe the inspection is for general road worthiness and they will not refuse anyone based on any minor findings in rental cars. I had even sent the inspection checklist to rental company and they said they will provide a inspection certificate dated within two weeks of May-7 and hand over the certificate to me on the day they deliver the car

Meanwhile, I have requested my rental company to cancel my booking and refund the $2500. If they refuse, I will make another trip to Switzerland and Germany, hire a car from them to hit Autobahn and get my money's worth.

Manju.

Zack, Fortis

I believe the inspection is for general road worthiness and they will not refuse anyone based on any minor findings in rental cars. I had even sent the inspection checklist to rental company and they said they will provide a inspection certificate dated within two weeks of May-7 and hand over the certificate to me on the day they deliver the car

Meanwhile, I have requested my rental company to cancel my booking and refund the $2500. If they refuse, I will make another trip to Switzerland and Germany, hire a car from them to hit Autobahn and get my money's worth.

Manju.

Thank you Manju, I like the Autobahn idea :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
1001962[/url]']

Is there any expectation of a 50th anniversary model, like the SE30? Or no such luck?

They said they will release something special for the 50th.

There is going to be a special edition aventador with more exterior carbon fibre bits (and possibly the interiors too) according to the dealers that I am dealing with and the price is about 20-25% more than the current model.