Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

OK, I finally had confirmation from them today, deposit paid - I'm in!

( though I've got to say: if the event itself is as badly organised as the registration process it could be a total shambles...)

Anyway, let's hope for the best and I look forward to seeing you there :icon_super:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack that's great news, looking forward to seeing you there.

Likewise Cobber! You can take a trip down memory lane and drive the SV - just remember it doesn't go round corners like a SL !

the more i think about it the more this looks like a missed occasion to me

sure it does not look what it should: an event for lambo passionates

there are MANY things that could have been done differently and in a better way ... just few that comes to my mind:

- factory had an external company to organize the event: WRONG.....the lambo PRs should have done it

To organize dinners hotels is not rocket science

they are paid for this - publlic relations..what is more involved than the lambo biggest party ever ?

..c'mon! they should have put it toegether by theirselves for many reasons. Factory should know what program a customer likes more.

If some real car guys at factory would have organize it we will have a more interesting program and a much lower cost (the external company makes for at least a 30% more expensive fee...likely more and it is clear to most the event fee is too expensive for what it really is)

- the program: not much car related but more a show off in all the fashionable places in Italy where wifes of wealthy lambo owners can make shopping at the best places....that looks very gay imo.

Ok...you can make one day to Rome or Milan but i am sure 1 or 2 days at a local track with some lambo testers showing the new cars or racing cars would have been WAY more fun and more appropriate than having all different days a fashionable italian city to visit. It is a car event not a Prada event.

More: lambo was not an attitude brand while this program looks to go in the opposite direction...

- Only owner with car can partecipate: again a mistake.

There are many passionates about lamborghini that deserve to be there even if they do not own one (at the moment or ever) or cannot bring it to Italy.

- Too much travel on pubblic roads: this should not be a trip to Italy and so many miles a day makes it hard for the older cars to partecipate. It is a pity to have few vintage cars at the 50th!

I am sure they would find some 200-300 owners to partecipate as i am sure 90% will be current customers. It is ok for factory may be but a BIG let down for the lambo brand passionates.

Likewise Cobber! You can take a trip down memory lane and drive the SV - just remember it doesn't go round corners like a SL !

You still remember that :lol2:

Looking forward to it.

i hate to tell you this guys.... but i am pretty much sure Ferrari factory would have put toegether a MUCH nicer event at a fraction of the cost. <_<

this event is just a way to make few $ and a missed opportunity to promote brand (and his history). Factory does not care about their history much...

i can tell you one thing that makes it clear: 3 years ago i had to meet two guys at factory...they were visiting museum and are genunine lamborghini fanatics

they visit factory at least once a year and pay for the musem entry-merchandise-books etc

i parked my countach close to the gates and in a couple minutes the security guy was telling me to move it ...you cannot not park the car there...

please take note: it was parked at the side in a place it was not disturbing anynone nor any possible acces to factory etc

I am sure if Valentino or Cristina would have been there they would have put toegether a nicer welcome but they are the "old" generation and retired or almost. when they leave all is gone.

We can all agree lamborghini is a younger brand than Ferrari and we have not all the heritage-vintage cars the dancing horse has.

so -for comparison- a countach (an old 400S to be precise) is to lambo what a 275 is for Ferrari. It does makes sense. Would you agree?

now imagine bringing a 275 GTB at Maranello. Do you think they would worry you to park out of factory or far from the museum entry? :rolleyes:

I personally think the joining fee is very reasonable, it's for two people and includes accommodation and meals plus the final dinner.

When I travel to Europe I expect to spend somewhere between €300 to €500 a day for accommodation and meals, in this instance you are joining a memorable event, maybe if you live around the corner from the factory or you are an Italian that lives in Italy this might not be as exciting for you or represent good value for money but for us coming in it's a great opportunity to be part of the celebrations, spend time with friends and meet new ones.

I am ok with everything except the rip off fees for the rental cars but it is what it is you got to pay to play, I am very excited about the whole thing and looking forward to being part of it.

Emilio I will bring you a preset to cheer you up :icon_thumleft:

FWIW, anyone who had participated in any of Lamborghini's Giro will know that these events are somewhat of a rip-off (considering the cost vs. the quality of the services provided). But they are events for Lambo owners and Lamborghini SpA and its hired organizers are well aware of that so they practically have the license to rip you off. At the end of the day, it's the owner's call. If he/she doesn't mind to be ripped off so be it.

And unlike Giro which is an annual event (IMO, trying it once or trying it once every 5-7 years is enough), this one is kind of unique. My Lambo dealer keeps saying it's an "once-in-a-lifetime event"; I tend to think it'll be "twice-in-a-lifetime" instead as if this one turns out ok, I look forward to their 60th anniversary event.

Agreed on the rental cost --- one would thought that Lambo would give its owners some kind of a break on the rental but as afore-said, they rip you off because they can. So that's that.

Should be an interesting trip; so how many L/P members are going?

Hate to say it but I agree with much of the "negative" comments ^^.

I was very put off by the last GIRO. Not only poor organization and over priced, but an attitude from the Lambo corporate people that offended me.

We are still deciding on the 50th but I'm leaning heavily toward skipping it. I'm not interested in speeding all over Italy on public roads and having almost no time to enjoy the destinations. I am concerned about poor organization and having to wait in long lines (including the time to park a large number of lambos in one place). I think I'd rather visit the factory on my own terms. Even though I'd miss the "spectacle" of the 50th celebration - I'm also put off by having to drive a Lambo to participate. No way I'm shipping mine, and the cost to rent one is so ridiculous I'm not sure I'd get the value out of the trip. Especially just having come off a very disappointing GIRO which is likely my last one. Bottom line: it's just not worth it.

I'm as much of a Lambo fanatic as anyone on this board but the disappointment from the last trip is too fresh. We'll make a final decision when we get all the info we need to figure out whether we want to go - but I doubt it will hit our "value equation".

No disrespect intended - I know many of you are looking forward to going and may have more resources than I do to put toward this event. To each their own. For me it's probably a "no".

Hmmm....

I can see everyone's point of view here but I tend to agree with Fortis - the price that's being asked is not too far above what you could expect tp spend on a regular trip staying at quality hotels and eating in good restaurants.

That said, if the hotels and the food are shit then absolutely I'll be pissed off, but... to paraphrase someone else:

If the worst you can say about your life is you went on holiday and spent ages stuck in a line of Lamborghini's waiting to get parked in the

Piazza Maggiore...........

Well.. you know what I'm getting at.

I'm not wealthy by any means but f*ck it - for me, the potential that it could be amazing outweighs the chance it will be disappointing so I'm taking a punt!

Does anybody have the answers for the following two questions:

1. Besides the copilot, is the driver alllowed to invite his family member(s) even friend(s) to attend Sat

night gala? If yes, how much is per person?

What is the max numbers of guests I can invite?

2. Are current lambo owners allowed to just attend Sat night diinner without "bring in" cars that evening?

If yes, how much is per person?

Just out of curiosity, what sort of figures are we talking about for Lambo hire?

Approx €10k for a Gallardo type, double that for an Aventador.

I'm a great Lamborghini enthusiast but i cannot understand this event: if it's the 50 th Birthday, why shall we drive 8 hour per day on motorways around Italy? What do you think to see being on the car eight hours per day? Does Lamborghini produce cars to stay 8 hours a day on motorways or cars to stay one hour on a track? why if i just want to attend saturday and sunday events i have to pay 2500 euro and my registration will be not sure too? why do i have to be humiliated in such way?

Friday on Imola or Marzaglia Track, saturday showoff in Bologna, two nights in a Grand Hotel in Bologna, saturday night gala in Bologna, sunday travel to the Factory: this would be a good event.

On monday you can rent a Mercedes and visit Italy by yourself without 299 cars waiting behind you, stay in five stars hotel, leave you Lambo in a box and enjoying Italy, a wonderful country that deserves a bit of time to be seen.

I attended official Lamborghini Club Italia event in Innsbruck (Austria) last year: three days, two nights, four meals (one in a wonderful castle), the city Major come to meet us, we were VIP Guests at an official Town Hall event with musicians, excellent hotel, perfect organization (a professional austrian firm, Peter Tunner) with valets everywhere for two days: 1250 euro me and my wife (625 euro each).

ciao

Are you guys reading the information on the website?

Albert you can join for €1,500 for two nights.

Package A

Milan-Sant'#### Bolognese (5 nights, 7 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €5,500

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €3,800

Package B

Rome-Sant'#### Bolognese (3 nights, 9 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €3,800

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €2,400

Package C

Bologna-Sant'#### Bolognese (2 nights, 10 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €2,200

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €1,500

All prices are inclusive of VAT (sales tax).

How did you figure out you have to drive 8 hours a day ?

The longest distance is 390 km, that's a max 5 hour drive, the first day trip is a 4 hour drive etc.

MOTORWAYS DISTANCES

Milan – Forte dei Marmi: 248 km (154 miles)

Forte dei Marmi - Rome: 390 km (242 miles)

Rome – Bologna: 388 km (241 miles)

Are you guys reading the information on the website?

Albert you can join for €1,500 for two nights.

Package A

Milan-Sant'#### Bolognese (5 nights, 7 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €5,500

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €3,800

Package B

Rome-Sant'#### Bolognese (3 nights, 9 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €3,800

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €2,400

Package C

Bologna-Sant'#### Bolognese (2 nights, 10 to 12 May 2013)

Entry Fee for 1 car and 2 people (driver and co-driver): €2,200

• Entry Fee for 1 car and 1 driver: €1,500

All prices are inclusive of VAT (sales tax).

How did you figure out you have to drive 8 hours a day ?

The longest distance is 390 km, that's a max 5 hour drive, the first day trip is a 4 hour drive etc.

MOTORWAYS DISTANCES

Milan – Forte dei Marmi: 248 km (154 miles)

Forte dei Marmi - Rome: 390 km (242 miles)

Rome – Bologna: 388 km (241 miles)

Package B and C will be confirmed only if there aren't 300 package A, or they will refund your money and will tell you "Bye Bye Albert, you did not pay enough money, we are sorry, see you". That's humiliating. Price is 2200 euro for two persons, and i do not know why i should sleep two nights in an hotel aside my home if i just want to stay in sant' Ag a ta sunday morning.

This 50th is simply a way to gain (much) money and without considering Italian enthusiasts at all. This is the first time i realize Lamborghini is no more Italian: this tour cannot be planned by an Italian.

I will go to an Italian 50th event (there will be many for sure) may be to the Lamborghini Family Event: the more i think about this 50th, the less i like it...

Driving times you consider are without thinking there are 300 cars + organization cars, so add one hour at the start and one hour at the arrival.

Of course It's an interesting event, it will be great: you will enjoy it!

ciao

why shall we drive 8 hour per day on motorways around Italy? ).

Is that a serious question ?? - That's EXACTLY what I'm looking forward to !!

Obviously we have different perspectives on this: the island I live on is 3 miles x 7 miles with a 35 miles per hour speed limit, try living with that for a while then tell me how you feel about a 8 hour drive on an Italian Motorway...!

Approx €10k for a Gallardo type, double that for an Aventador.

Really? Ouch!

Is that a serious question ?? - That's EXACTLY what I'm looking forward to !!

Obviously we have different perspectives on this: the island I live on is 3 miles x 7 miles with a 35 miles per hour speed limit, try living with that for a while then tell me how you feel about a 8 hour drive on an Italian Motorway...!

ah, ok! :icon_thumleft:

we have speed limit 130 km/h (81 mph) but foreign people do not have to pay fines... so, push! :icon_super:

Just pay attention when on A1 motorway between Firenze and Bologna: mountain sector from Barberino to Sasso Marconi is very dangerous.

Have a good italian trip!

ciao

For those in Canada and would like to participate:

We are presently organizing a Lamborghini 50th Anniversary cross Canada road trip/tour for september in which we are inviting Lamborghini owners to participate for as little or as much of the distance as they are comfortable with and can arrange to be involved. More details will follow but please let me know if this is something that may be of interest to you.

That message was from the International Lamborghini Registrary. Emailed to me yesterday.

Albert I understand your frustration but I must say, as Zack mentioned, what you see as negative we see as positive.

I would love to cruise around Italy surrounded by hundreds of Lambos, staying and enjoying dinners at nice hotels and carrying conversations with existing and new friends (even if you live in Italy you could benefit from the same thing) I don't have to opportunity to do it very often.

It is expensive, a lot more expensive for us coming in, entry fee, car rental, travel costs, etc but I only have one life and when I will be gone my material possessions will be left behind, the reason I work 12 hour days is to enjoy perks such as this one.

We all have different philosophies in life and I see your point of view. :icon_thumleft:

I suggest, since you live around the corner from the factory, walk in and express your concerns, I am sure they will listen and try to help.

Albert I understand your frustration but I must say, as Zack mentioned, what you see as negative we see as positive.

I would love to cruise around Italy surrounded by hundreds of Lambos, staying and enjoying dinners at nice hotels and carrying conversations with existing and new friends (even if you live in Italy you could benefit from the same thing) I don't have to opportunity to do it very often.

It is expensive, a lot more expensive for us coming in, entry fee, car rental, travel costs, etc but I only have one life and when I will be gone my material possessions will be left behind, the reason I work 12 hour days is to enjoy perks such as this one.

We all have different philosophies in life and I see your point of view. :icon_thumleft:

I suggest, since you live around the corner from the factory, walk in and express your concerns, I am sure they will listen and try to help.

Thank you very much, Fortis, i appreciate you. I have to say that what i wrote is just to talk about the 50th event. It was designed for foreign enthusiast that can afford 30 k USD for a week on a Lambo in Italy: they will enjoy a fantastic week in Italy, i'm sure you will like it too.

I think Panicarola event will be more suitable for those that are looking for more Lamborghini content and less shopping or VIP

events.

So we are all happy: as there are different cars, different models and colors, so there are different 50th events and everyone can choose what he likes more.

The only regret i have is that i would like to meet you all (who cares of the 50th, i see Lambo factory at least once a week...): i do not like the event itself but at the event there will be many i knew on Lpower that i will be glad to meet and you are one of them.

But probably i will be in Sunday morning, who knows... :icon_thumleft:

Ok?

ciao

So Albert dinner at your house for all LP members ?? :icon_mrgreen:

All LP members that attended the 50th: why not? we could do that the day after the event, if you like

ciao