Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Italian Trip

Fortis

These pictures are fantastic. Thank you guys who are posting and letting us see the fun while sitting home!

:headbang:

My thougths exactly! Certainly an event of a lifetime. Very cool deal to be part of even if only from my office desk 5000 + miles away. I can't wait to share the pics with my son when he gets home from school.

Thanks to all!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

602652_10201292485060490_1508911916_n.jp

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lamborghini-cala/ke4605.html

The Lamborghini Calà is arguably the rarest modern-day Lamborghini supercar. First displayed at the 1995 Geneva Motor Show, the Calà never made it as a production model with Lamborghini building only three units of the supercar.

Eighteen years after it first made jaws drop in Geneva, the Fabrizio Giugiaro-designed Calà is set to return to the spotlight where it is set to join some of the most beautiful Lambos in the world, as the Italian automaker celebrates its 50th anniversary.

No less than Giugiaro himself will be seated behind the wheel of the Calà when the car takes part in the Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Grand Tour. Considering that the ridiculously rare supercar hasn’t been out in the public spotlight since God only knows when, it’s Calà name - translated from Piedmentese, it means “look over there!” - is all the more appropriate, given that’s exactly the reaction people will have when the supercar returns to the road.

A brief refresher course on the Calà: the car is completely hand built with bodywork made out of carbon fiber and comes with a number of design elements from many of its predecessors, including the Miura-like headlights and the windscreen that’s reminiscent of the Countach. Under its hood, the Calà is powered by a 4.0-liter V-10 engine that produces 372 horsepower at 7,200 rpm and mates to a rear-wheel-drive system.

I did not know that it was a v-10. I was in a Pine Wood Derby contest with the scouts back in the day and tried to model my car off of the Cala. I think it came out looking more like a Celica though. I will have to see if the old man still has it somewhere at the house.

I have one word for it INFRIKINGSANITY!!! We are having an absolute blast.

feelingBULLISH you are doing a great job posting photos :icon_thumleft:

Amazing to see so many models together, so many great people and such a fantastic time already

Kris, Waldie, Bryan, Kimberley, etc. etc.