iPhone 5!

Robster Craws

To clarify, we are just talking about a phone here and not a device that will change your way of life so much that you shit out of a different orrifice?

What does orrifice mean?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so now if I say that I don't care for the android and I like Apple where does this leave us? Who is right and who is wrong? What will the going of backwards and forwards achieve ? Just curious.

The problem is most people say that without even trying an Android device and if they have, they haven't really tried the device for more than 3 min at the store or they tried a POS Android device.

Of all the people I know that have had an iPhone and have gone over to a flag ship Android, not ONE has gone back to Apple. To be honest I don't think you would either if you gave it a try and if you actually DID like the iPhone better than a S3 (example), then we have to agree to disagree. :D

I just wanted to give my LP friends some info. Try a better product instead of getting an overpriced phone with a fancy/trendy label.

Fortis made an interesting point. It does what it does nicely, and most of what it does is what a majority people NEED it to do. It reminds me of the old timers that still shop at Sears, but Sony TVs and General Electric refrigerators. They know the brand, they know the product, they know its ease of use and value.

Wilhelm I have 4 x iPhones 4, 2 iPads, 1 Apple TV, 3 or 4 iPod mini, 1 MacBook, 2 iMacs, 2 x Apple Time Capsule and I just ordered 2 x iPhone 5 :icon_mrgreen:

If I didn't like overpriced shiny objects I wouldn't buy Lambos :icon_mrgreen:

Honestly the iPhone 5 is truly the best option for just about anyone. My comments to the contrary were cluelessly biased and not objective in the least, which has now drawn a Mako edit as I clearly have something against Apple for no good reason.

:icon_mrgreen:

So funny.

So with ordering starting tomorrow, does it start at 12am, 6am, etc? What timezone?

Don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm going to be getting the 5 because the battery on my 4S blows! I like the simplicity of the iPhone and I'm not looking to change anytime soon. I pretty much use it as a camera as well and that's about it. :icon_mrgreen:

My first smart phone was the original Droid. It wasn't very good. It was frequently unresponsive, the UI was choppy, and it crashed regularly. I switched to an iPhone 4S which has had none of those problems. The only thing I miss from the Droid is turn by turn navigation, which will be here for the iPhone in 6 days.

When it comes to computers, I'm extremely knowledgeable. I build my own hardware and write my own software, and can use a UNIX shell just as efficiently as a Windows desktop. My smart phone choice has nothing to do with my technical ability, it has to do with which one works the best as a telephone. As a long time Linux user, I had high hopes for Android, but it let me down. iOS hasn't. Unless Android brings some game changing feature, I can't see any reason I'd switch back.

My first smart phone was the original Droid. It wasn't very good. It was frequently unresponsive, the UI was choppy, and it crashed regularly. I switched to an iPhone 4S which has had none of those problems. The only thing I miss from the Droid is turn by turn navigation, which will be here for the iPhone in 6 days.

When it comes to computers, I'm extremely knowledgeable. I build my own hardware and write my own software, and can use a UNIX shell just as efficiently as a Windows desktop. My smart phone choice has nothing to do with my technical ability, it has to do with which one works the best as a telephone. As a long time Linux user, I had high hopes for Android, but it let me down. iOS hasn't. Unless Android brings some game changing feature, I can't see any reason I'd switch back.

Have you tried the newer android phones, I have a Droid Razr and it has been absolutely phenomenal. Both are great in their own ways.

Getting white one tomorrow.. I hope the screen doesnt shatter like the 4s on impact

Get the smaller Otter Box, when it comes out for the 5. I have one on my 4S since new and the phone literally looks brand new. There is not even a scratch on my iPhone. Sure, it makes the phone a little larger, but it is easily manageable.

So funny.

So with ordering starting tomorrow, does it start at 12am, 6am, etc? What timezone?

:iamwithstupid:

Honestly, stop bickering and take a stab at the mans question. WE NEED TO KNOW.

The problem is most people say that without even trying an Android device and if they have, they haven't really tried the device for more than 3 min at the store or they tried a POS Android device.

Of all the people I know that have had an iPhone and have gone over to a flag ship Android, not ONE has gone back to Apple. To be honest I don't think you would either if you gave it a try and if you actually DID like the iPhone better than a S3 (example), then we have to agree to disagree. :D

I just wanted to give my LP friends some info. Try a better product instead of getting an overpriced phone with a fancy/trendy label.

I did, flagship Android device and went to apple. I have used both rooted/jailbroken and with standard restrictions. Drastically prefer iphone.

I honestly couldn't careless what phone someone else uses. I didn't decide to enter this thread until I saw all the misinformation about Android, posted by some of the most diehard iOS faithful. Even then I would like to talk about what I do and dont like about the iPhone5 and iOS as a platform. I would actually prefer that everyone not move over to android because it only drives demand/prices up for the android faithful.

I think their are quite a few iPhone owners that walk around with a chip on their shoulder, because they see the phone as a status symbol or aren't familiar with the competition and how its superior. We were talking android at the office, a guy overhears us and walked up to us with his iPhone displayed, with an expectation that we would bow to him or something. I asked him if his phone had turn by turn navi, or if it had 4G? When he answered no, I told him to go sit back down. Its that unsolicited arrogance and pretense of superiority that turns everything into a fight.

When the 4S launched with real features (like a dual core proc, and 1080p video) and the user base says they are disappointed because it looks like the old one, and people wont know that you have the new iPhone, you know who you're really dealing with and no amount of facts will help these people. I know of a non techy girl that has told me she thinks guys with iPhones must be uneducated and not know anything. Her unsolicited words, not mine.

I think part of the hype of the iPhone is actually perpetuated by people who have moved on from iOS explaining all that is wrong. I think iOS will die out on its own merit if no attention is given to it.

I think its pretty arrogant to assume everyone with a different option than you is misinformed or ignorant. :jackoff:

App Store backend seems overloaded from everyone submitting their iOS 6 stuff. I'm trying to submit a bugfix for an app and not having much luck :(

581532_697476739696_1643094591_n.jpg

I have a galaxy S, the old one. It is on firmware 2.2. When checking for firmware update from the phone, it says no update is available. If I had an old iphone 3GS, i bet i can still update the iOS. Not so much with Samsung.

I am sure majority of my issues can be resolved with the newer device or Android OS.

I have a galaxy S, the old one. It is on firmware 2.2. When checking for firmware update from the phone, it says no update is available. If I had an old iphone 3GS, i bet i can still update the iOS. Not so much with Samsung.

I am sure majority of my issues can be resolved with the newer device or Android OS.

newest firmare for a Galaxy S is 2.3.6

Ok, that's enough, no more "Apple sucks" or "Android sucks" comments in the thread. You want to spout that ignorant nonsense like a 12 year old kid, go do it in another thread.

You can compare the various handsets and tech features here as a way to illustrate the differences between them, but I don't want any more lectures about how superior one crowd is over the other.

As Fortis said, this is worse than the anti-Ferrari threads or anti-Lambo threads on the board...anyone with true experience with both brands' products understands that they're equally appealing in different ways, just as the Android/Microsoft/Apple products are equally appealing in different ways. :icon_thumleft:

Ok, that's enough, no more "Apple sucks" or "Android sucks" comments in the thread. You want to spout that ignorant nonsense like a 12 year old kid, go do it in another thread.

You can compare the various handsets and tech features here as a way to illustrate the differences between them, but I don't want any more lectures about how superior one crowd is over the other.

As Fortis said, this is worse than the anti-Ferrari threads or anti-Lambo threads on the board...anyone with true experience with both brands' products understands that they're equally appealing in different ways, just as the Android/Microsoft/Apple products are equally appealing in different ways. :icon_thumleft:

Thank you!

And no love for the Blackberry anymore? :crybaby2: :icon_mrgreen: Would be interesting to see who will buy them out.

And no love for the Blackberry anymore? :crybaby2: :icon_mrgreen: Would be interesting to see who will buy them out.

Poor Blackberry...I was just thinking about it a few days ago and wondering how dominant they'd be at this point if Apple had never pulled the trigger on the iPhone to begin with.

Amazing how marketshare can change so quickly.