D.Wiggs LP2000-2 SV TT

Vahid

Does he mean "no boost" as in a built up nasty high compression N/A motor, or the SV2000 motor just with no boost?

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, is that serious conjecture that the motor makes over 1000whp on pump gas with no boost? The same as alot of massive cube, massive compression, high dollar BBC race engines? Must see a dyno of this.

Wait, is that serious conjecture that the motor makes over 1000whp on pump gas with no boost? The same as alot of massive cube, massive compression, high dollar BBC race engines? Must see a dyno of this.

That was my thought, and if it's the SV2000 motor with only 9:1, there isn't a prayer it's going to make that power. Shit, with the dropped compression I would bet the peak torque is LOWER than stock.

That was my thought, and if it's the SV2000 motor with only 9:1, there isn't a prayer it's going to make that power. Shit, with the dropped compression I would bet the peak torque is LOWER than stock.

That's an interesting point.

In all of this, torque is never being discussed and usually when you push extra hard for HP, you lose TQ.

Although this is a forced induction application, so I think the rules are slightly different.

Does he mean "no boost" as in a built up nasty high compression N/A motor, or the SV2000 motor just with no boost?

I took from it that he means the SV2000 motor makes 1kwhp without boost. I forgot that they lowered the compression from factory so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were correct and without boost, the motor makes less hp/torque than factory.

That's an interesting point.

In all of this, torque is never being discussed and usually when you push extra hard for HP, you lose TQ.

Although this is a forced induction application, so I think the rules are slightly different.

HP is nothing but torque spread over RPM. For HP to rise something else has to rise, be it torque, rpm, or both. When you eliminate the boost (which would increase torque), you're left with a lower compression motor that is packing less punch.

Power from a motor is always a function of how much air and fuel can you stuff in it, and how hard can you squeeze it. If you build it with less squeeze (compression) it will make less power, until you offset that by stuffing 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag via a pair of turbos, etc.

Beyond that, big head porting, big duration cams, and all that REALLY don't like low compression. All that is aiding to shift the useable RPM range higher which makes the bottom of the rpm range even more sluggish (lower torque, due to a number of factors, valve overlap, etc)

As an extreme example of swinging things wildly from one end of the spectrum to another. An F1 motor makes ~850hp at 19,000 rpm, but idles at 4k and makes less torque than a bone stock honda civic.

I think a murci V12 could maybe, possibly make 1000 rwhp N/A if it was built properly. But it would be a big cam, 15:1 compression, race gas only fcuking monster. And it would be utterly miserable to live with and drive on any regular basis.

I honestly hope wiggs consults with some experienced motor designers, not just builders who slap parts together.

HP is nothing but torque spread over RPM. For HP to rise something else has to rise, be it torque, rpm, or both. When you eliminate the boost (which would increase torque), you're left with a lower compression motor that is packing less punch.

Power from a motor is always a function of how much air and fuel can you stuff in it, and how hard can you squeeze it. If you build it with less squeeze (compression) it will make less power, until you offset that by stuffing 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag via a pair of turbos, etc.

Beyond that, big head porting, big duration cams, and all that REALLY don't like low compression. All that is aiding to shift the useable RPM range higher which makes the bottom of the rpm range even more sluggish (lower torque, due to a number of factors, valve overlap, etc)

As an extreme example of swinging things wildly from one end of the spectrum to another. An F1 motor makes ~850hp at 19,000 rpm, but idles at 4k and makes less torque than a bone stock honda civic.

I think a murci V12 could maybe, possibly make 1000 rwhp N/A if it was built properly. But it would be a big cam, 15:1 compression, race gas only fcuking monster. And it would be utterly miserable to live with and drive on any regular basis.

I honestly hope wiggs consults with some experienced motor designers, not just builders who slap parts together.

Yes NASA, they made Space Shuttles........ Duh! :icon_thumleft:

The 'no boost' is what we've been calling the setting where you just run waste gate pressure (like 2-3 pounds). That's why scare quotes were used. Hope that clears up the confusion. It's essentially no boost compared to full tilt.

The 'no boost' is what we've been calling the setting where you just run waste gate pressure (like 2-3 pounds). That's why scare quotes were used. Hope that clears up the confusion. It's essentially no boost compared to full tilt.

Keep digging, you're almost to China.

3 lbs of boost is now no boost..

1000 hp with "no boost", yet it hasn't been on a dyno in either configuration.

Not all publicity is good publicity. Your odd and sometimes conflicting statements plus the way you have handled the launch of your new business venture is completely undermining your credibility and potential market. I have no dog in this fight, another competent tuner would be a good thing. Just an observation from the cheap seats. Best of luck, you're going to need it.

A heated thread indeed,

I must say that I have personally seen this car come together and come from a road racing, fabrication, and restoration background as well. To everyone playing the hater roll I must point out that while Covert Tuning Dynamics brought "Stig" to this event, it really wasn't its world debut. Covert Tuning kindly sponsored the Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee event at the hanger and the effort to bring Stig was more of a teaser/local showing. Naturally, in this day and age information travels very fast.... The Pittsburgh guys are truely awesome car people and a lot of fun too. I am certain the CTD guys wanted to help give them a great party and indeed the event was excellent and I have been to my fair share of upscale automotive functions.

Regarding the car..... This is their monster prototype build and they have their sights set high. Naturally. Having carefully looked at the inner workings of the build, I can tell you that their workmanship is indeed world caliber. Especially when you consider this is a prototytpe vehicle. I can also say that the quality of welding I have seen is actually better than the welding I have witnessed on the factory Mercedes DTM race cars. The packaging is excellent and the work is inspired.

What will it do?... Covert Tuning like any other world class tuning company or racing team pushes boundrys. We all know it takes money to go fast, but it is the ingenuity, drive, and passion for success that sets people and businesses apart. Regardless of the hurdles the CTD guys may face, it is my personal opinion that they will overcome them in stride from my experiences with their people. Rest assured that they will turn out high quality work.

How to bet?... Clearly, I think you should bet against them. Really. ....but that's because I want a bigger payout since my money is on them.

Interesting stuff from F/B-

And to think ANY car UGR has ever built could keep up from a roll is foolish. The power, weight, aero, and gearing are all against them. The launch is the only place they would have a chance and that's only if it doesn't detonate at launch.

September 21 at 9:17pm · Like

Yes, UGR raped a client into paying an extra $20,000 for an extra 100hp. Did no chassis, suspension, sleeve, head, or plenum work, and designed the system very poorly. Why do you think ours will be putting down 75% MORE power; we know how to do it properly.

September 21 at 9:21pm · Like

post-987-1348703287.jpg

Interesting stuff from F/B-

And to think ANY car UGR has ever built could keep up from a roll is foolish. The power, weight, aero, and gearing are all against them. The launch is the only place they would have a chance and that's only if it doesn't detonate at launch.

September 21 at 9:17pm · Like

Yes, UGR raped a client into paying an extra $20,000 for an extra 100hp. Did no chassis, suspension, sleeve, head, or plenum work, and designed the system very poorly. Why do you think ours will be putting down 75% MORE power; we know how to do it properly.

September 21 at 9:21pm · Like

Yes slagging off competitors when you haven't got a running prototype is a good way to market your company. Any hate directed at Wiggs, is entirely self inflicted. My suggestion, shut up, go away, finish the project, dyno it and then present the where data can be independently verified, i.e like a neutral dyno site with a video camera on the dyno readout while the car is running.

Yes slagging off competitors when you haven't got a running prototype is a good way to market your company. Any hate directed at Wiggs, is entirely self inflicted. My suggestion, shut up, go away, finish the project, dyno it and then present the where data can be independently verified, i.e like a neutral dyno site with a video camera on the dyno readout while the car is running.

fcuking retarded.

:iamwithstupid:

That's exactly the type of BS he's been spewing since he started his "project," and what a lot of the people posting "oh, why all the hate on poor ol Wiggs" don't realize.

So somehow everything that the build page posts is attributed to me? OK. There are 6 or 7 administrators. :lol2:

Anyway, what was said about the SV is absolutely true. You think that there is one bit of difference from a build perspective between getting 100 extra HP out of a 670 instead of a 640 aside from a few lbs. of boost? And you think those changes warrant $20k? ROFLMAO!

And best of all, you think that a car that can make 1200HP on pump, can ONLY make 1300 on race?

If you can't see the rape there......

So somehow everything that the build page posts is attributed to me? OK. There are 6 or 7 administrators. :lol2:

Anyway, what was said about the SV is absolutely true. You think that there is one bit of difference from a build perspective between getting 100 extra HP out of a 670 than a 640 aside from a few lbs. of boost? And you think those changes warrant $20k? ROFLMAO!

And best of all, you think that a car that can make 1200HP on pump, can ONLY make 1300 on race?

If you can't see the rape there......

Please shut up until you have a running car with verified dyno results. People in China are counting on you not to destroy the three rivers dam when you finally dig thru to China. My wife's family is from South Korea, we are invested in this too. Produce a CAR....then you can boast.

You cannot build a brand/company this way. The modified Murci/lambo/exotic car market is so small, you are shitting in your own pool.

Please shut up until have a running car with verified dyno results. People in China are counting on you not to destroy the three rivers dam when you finally dig thru to China. My wife's family is from South Korea, we are invested in this. Produce a CAR....

I'd love to, but I think LP (or at least Allan) would shrivel up and die if he couldn't post about me. :lol2: As you'll note, I did not start a single thread and made no announcement on here about anything because the car wasn't complete.

Ouch!!! D WIGGS...stop it...

One thing I have learned in business (as a business owner of three companies for the last ten 10+ years) and this deserves all caps...NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT YOUR COMPETITION !!!!

I can not tell you how often I hear my sales guys in the showroom with a customer (husband and wife) ask what the salesperson thinks of XYZ competitor and when my sales person states simply one nice thing about them the customer's reply is always "you are the only company that has said something nice about another company that we have visited." I can tell by the tone and expression that we just got another customer!

One thing I have learned in business (as a business owner of three companies for the last ten 10+ years) and this deserves all caps...NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT YOUR COMPETITION !!!!

I can not tell you how often I hear my sales guys in the showroom with a customer (husband and wife) ask what the salesperson thinks of XYZ competitor and when my sales person states simply one nice thing about them the customer's reply is always "you are the only company that has said something nice about another company that we have visited." I can tell by the tone and expression that we just got another customer!

I always congratulate Heffner; he does an outstanding job. That 8-second car with the custom machine work and tranny is something we can appreciate it for sure. It's awesome!

And for the record, I didn't write the FB post, but I certainly stand behind what was said.

Well, at least we're clear you're clueless about both marketing and employee management.

Well, at least we're clear you're clueless about both marketing and employee management.

It's a FB page where someone stated the truth. Egads!

What's next? People voicing their opinions via Twitter? :lol2:

99c932a9-f564-4eac-9e26-f58f9a871713.jpg

It's a FB page where someone stated the truth. Egads!

What's next? People voicing their opinions via Twitter? :lol2:

You have administrators representing your company you don't have authority over, for a page dedicated to a flagship product for your new company?

The lack of awareness is laughably sad.

You have administrators you don't have authority over, for a page dedicated to a flagship product for your new company?

The lack of awareness is laughably sad.

I do. I've said, IF you're going to post, don't lie and don't disclose prototype information or proprietary 'stuff'. I don't care if they do anything else.

Again, it's Facebook.

The product and dyno/VBOX results will take care of everything else.