D.Wiggs LP2000-2 SV TT

Vahid

Damn, I'd hate to be a hater, but this has disaster written all over it. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Yeah I hope you're wrong too..

You've got to love the concept though?

A 2000HP Lambo - the 14yo kid in me is excited about this!

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hope you're wrong too..

You've got to love the concept though?

A 2000HP Lambo - the 14yo kid in me is excited about this!

I do! I love to see people aim big and prove others wrong. BUT, maybe the bar was set a little too high? Who knows. I'm sure it can be done, but it would be very difficult to keep a car like that out of the shop. Can't wait to hear it and get some #s for sure.

It was nice of Wigglesworth to make any announcement on LP wasnt it?

If it were just his car and he had purchased the job from a tuner, I wouldn't care where he debuted the final product. But as a new business attempt where actual customers are key, I'd have gone with a launch at L-Power for one simple reason...and that reason is money.

L-Power has "sold" more Italian exotic car TT kits over the past decade than any other online community. Not directly mind you, as that's not our gig. But through actual reviews, non-compensated recommendations, and actual owner testimonials/experiences.

Kevin (UGR) and Jason (Heffner) would serve as good sources to verify it, but I can tell you that despite the small membership size here compared to some of the well known "pro-nuthugger" forums we're all familiar with, the amount of actual TT purchases by L-Power members in the $50k+ cost-segment dwarfs the others by a large margin.

So for me it's simple math, I go with L-Power from a pure marketing motivation.

Now obviously Dave knows that Allan would do his best to analyze the project and point out weaknesses. But contrary to what people would assume, that's a GOOD thing for business. Not only because it allows the tuner to silence the doubters by responding to critical comments (and thus dispelling the 'haterade'), but also because it shows the lurking silent buyers that the tuner doesn't shy away from the heat, and has 100% confidence in his project.

Either way, I'm rooting for both the car and the company to succeed.

Takes care. :icon_mrgreen:

Very poor aesthetics, unnecessary amount of HP unless you just want a drag car, but it's his money and if he likes it I am happy for him :icon_thumleft:

Good luck D.Wiggs

Props for taking on an incredible project, pushing limits and all that, but wouldn't it have been better to wait another 2 weeks and actually deput a starting/running car? Would have shut the haters up and validate your newly launched company as a serious player.

Props for taking on an incredible project, pushing limits and all that, but wouldn't it have been better to wait another 2 weeks and actually deput a starting/running car? Would have shut the haters up and validate your newly launched company as a serious player.

:iamwithstupid:

This as well.

So to make it simple, the right plan should have been:

1. Get it running and right, beta version.

2. Soft launch beta product on L-Power, endure the attacks, rebuttle them by fixing/tweaking/addressing anything valid.

3. Hard launch final "1.0" product via hangar event.

4. Promote everywhere.

Guys, it was not formal attire required specifically to see the car. This was a Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee event in a private jet hangar (suspiciously similar to my CC&C hangar party earlier this year... :icon_fU: ) and the unveiling of the SV just happened to take place there.

So what actually goes on there that requires you to don formal attire to stand in a hanger?

So what actually goes on there that requires you to don formal attire to stand in a hanger?

post-10945-1347835606.jpg

Hanger party

post-10945-1347835641_thumb.jpg

Hangar party

I'm quite surprised at some of the hate spewing against David. He's presenting his flagship model to represent a brand he's creating. His idea for the brand is upscale. Hell, has a diamond in the logo. So why not have suits for the debut? It's his show to put on. He put his own money into this car. He didn't experiment on someone else's car. He didn't take deposits to fund his project and make promises of a ROI.

Either you like what he has to offer and you give him your business or go to someone else.

Another tuner can't hurt, hopefully it will make the market more competitive and drive the prices down for the end user. I wish him success. Personally I would have waited till the car was running with published dyno pulls and some real world testing data before presenting it to the public. What's another couple of months, if as he states they have spent 3,000 hours and 4 years on R&D. In this market, considering who is buying this stuff, nobody wants to be a guinea pig and the customer base is small and we all know each other. Bad news spreads fast and you only have one chance to make a first impression. Not having that data, a car that does not run, some iffy fit and finish issues and some odd choices like the hexagonal exhaust pipes only empowers the haters and though I have no dog in this fight, but I do think it undermines their credibility. The EPA comments were conflicting, first he states they have taken out weight, one method he mentioned was to remove unneeded emissions equipment and then they have to redo the ECU for EPA compliance for lead soldering? The implication from his first statement was the car would wouldn't pass emissions due to the weight reductions, why would you care what the EPA thinks regarding the lead in the ECU? I will have to see more before I can pass judgment but what they have presented so far certainly raises issues.

I saw those exhausts today at the grocery store.. They are used to cut cookies..

10102082.jpg

The pipes with the visible welds are being coated and were added without the finish to get done in time for the show. The whole package should look much cleaner after its finished.

And the hose clamps?

The pipes with the visible welds are being coated and were added without the finish to get done in time for the show. The whole package should look much cleaner after its finished.

Which is exactly when he should have shown it...

Look what has happened to McLaren in the US by launching a car with no Navi and Bluetooth and door handles that don't work properly. It has harmed the brand. Same thing with this car. It looks like Frankenstein, doesn't run, hackjob in the rear grill, exhaust that looks like Martha Stewart made it et al. I am not a "hater" per se, but this just screams rushed and that scares people that are all but too hesitant to crack open a 100k engine to start fiddling with it.

All that said, I wish him the best of luck. Marketing was obviously something he should have taken a look at in college as opposed to all the theological classes. But that is my opinion and it is just that.

Don't see why everyone is giving him such a hard time on something he is trying to achieve. It's such an exciting project and I can't wait to see the outcome of it.

this company will get nowhere close to competing with UGR and Heffner for the TT market.

That's what people said about the UGR etc

I think he started on the wrong foot realising a half backed product, he rushed into it to prove Allan wrong :icon_mrgreen:

That's what people said about the UGR etc

I think he started on the wrong foot realising a half backed product, he rushed into it to prove Allan wrong :icon_mrgreen:

Well if you are concerned about what any individual thinks, you're probably going to fail. It looks rushed, does anybody know if his claim of 4 years of development is credible. I know he had an older black Murci, was that the development car before he hacked up his SV?

this company will get nowhere close to competing with UGR and Heffner for the TT market.

What a stupid assumption to make.

"Whatever guys,Facebook will NEVER be as big as myspace" - Some dumb ass circa 2004