Lesson learned

emanon

I have been pondering why I help people for when all I get is screwed, I feel your anger 100% with my own dealing after helping someone also. Why is there no honor in people when their word use to mean something.

I'm still trying to figure out when things turned from people being grateful, to despising you like you skull fucked their ego.

"thanks buddy, you really saved my hide, I owe ya one" turned into "you rich bastard, I should be rich, fcuk you, you owe it to me to save my ass, and fcuk you"

And shit, i'm fcuking poor compared to most of you guys.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You best bet is to give him money to move out, PM your email i'll send you the surrender in lieu of eviction form

I'm still trying to figure out when things turned from people being grateful, to despising you like you skull fucked their ego.

"thanks buddy, you really saved my hide, I owe ya one" turned into "you rich bastard, I should be rich, fcuk you, you owe it to me to save my ass, and fcuk you"

And shit, i'm fcuking poor compared to most of you guys.

Shit this ones close to home!!

I've even lowered rent andgace endless extra time just to be told I charged too much and didn't need/deserve it. When I told one girl I neded her payment to pay the utilities, she told me I should have thought of that beforehand and it wasn't her fault...she was 3 months behind.

fcuk people, payment is now due on the 25th of the preceading month, if you dnt have it then you have till the 1st to get the fcuk out. If not first time you leave ALL ur shit ison the street :-)

Don't even get me started on loaning money again too, as far as I'm conserned, people can starve before ill do that again.

Shit this ones close to home!!

I've even lowered rent andgace endless extra time just to be told I charged too much and didn't need/deserve it. When I told one girl I neded her payment to pay the utilities, she told me I should have thought of that beforehand and it wasn't her fault...she was 3 months behind.

fcuk people, payment is now due on the 25th of the preceading month, if you dnt have it then you have till the 1st to get the fcuk out. If not first time you leave ALL ur shit ison the street :-)

Don't even get me started on loaning money again too, as far as I'm conserned, people can starve before ill do that again.

I'm not sure where you live but here the Landlord Tenancy Act is extremely clear on what you can and cannot do. I have many rental properties and the law HEAVILY favors the tenant. If they miss payment on the 25th they are NOT moving out on the 1st. In fact it is laughable you even consider that an option and say you'd have their shit on the street.

I'm not calling you out, just illustrating that often times when people say sue this, sue that, I'd pop a cap in the guy's ass, etc., they actually have no idea what they are talking about, and in fact have never done what they're suggesting to do. The law is very clear and is typically a slow drawn out process.

We could kill two birds with one stone here if you would rent the house to the guys running the meth lab in this thread http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...amp;hl=meth+lab. I imagine they could take care of the eviction thing pretty handily.

:icon_mrgreen:

...no one owes me more money that my closest family and friends, it's ridiculous...good luck in solving that mess mate !

I'm not sure where you live but here the Landlord Tenancy Act is extremely clear on what you can and cannot do. I have many rental properties and the law HEAVILY favors the tenant. If they miss payment on the 25th they are NOT moving out on the 1st. In fact it is laughable you even consider that an option and say you'd have their shit on the street.

I'm not calling you out, just illustrating that often times when people say sue this, sue that, I'd pop a cap in the guy's ass, etc., they actually have no idea what they are talking about, and in fact have never done what they're suggesting to do. The law is very clear and is typically a slow drawn out process.

You are correct sir, however my situations is a tad unusual. They are not on a lease agreement with me and they are simply renting at a month to month basis to avoid these problems. And atleast here with no contract, if nothing of there's in is the houe they have zero recorse an ability to reenter even if they call the cops. I've done it before. I'm sck of deaing with deadbeat losers

You are correct sir, however my situations is a tad unusual. They are not on a lease agreement with me and they are simply renting at a month to month basis to avoid these problems. And atleast here with no contract, if nothing of there's in is the houe they have zero recorse an ability to reenter even if they call the cops. I've done it before. I'm sck of deaing with deadbeat losers

Where are you located?

Here (At least in CA) it doesn't take much to establish "residency", possession being the majority of it. Hell if you want to make yourself sick, look up squatters rights. It can be a 3 month process just to get rid of people who are there illegally from day one.

Lease, month to month, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference out here. If they have possession of the property and receive mail there, or it looks like they live there, you'll get your ass handed to you trying to throw them out on the curb.

You best bet is to give him money to move out, PM your email i'll send you the surrender in lieu of eviction form

This. I learned this the hard way. We either give a cash incentive or in the case of a commercial property, I've even gone so far as to find the deadbeat a new cheaper warehouse in a crappy area to help encourage them to get out. With our residential buildings you wouldn't believe how well a $500 incentive towards their "new home" goes.

I would imagine its pretty hard to get a notary to sign off on a lease agreement when one of the parties is presumably a feline. I could see how that would be a unusual situation.

I'm mainly interested in how the cats manage to call the cops. :eusa_think:

That sucks mate. It's ironic, as usually the joke is always about the heartless landlord, but from the sounds of you property owners, sounds more like it's the heartless tenants.

Buy them? fcuk, I had to sign over the ones I do have to my father in law within 24 hours of being served with the fcuking thing. :tyson:

So your guns can be confiscated if some POS decides to get a restraining order slapped on you? Also, why did your guns have to go to your father-in-law?

I would imagine its pretty hard to get a notary to sign off on a lease agreement when one of the parties is presumably a feline. I could see how that would be a unusual situation.

I'm mainly interested in how the cats manage to call the cops. :eusa_think:

Hahaha :icon_thumleft:

So your guns can be confiscated if some POS decides to get a restraining order slapped on you? Also, why did your guns have to go to your father-in-law?

The TRO very clearly stated I could not own, possess, control, or attempt to purchase any firearms. Any I currently had must be either: A - sold (preferably to a licensed dealer), or B - turned in to the sheriff.

You're fucked coming and going. Option A was worked around by doing a transfer to my father in law. Only because he has other guns, a proper safe to store them, and I trust him more than anyone else. Two of the guns have been in my family for nearly 100yrs so it's more sentiment than value, but the money is there too.

Option B is super fucked because if the tro is turned into a real restraining order, your guns are gone, you don't get them back, don't get a penny, do not pass go, duck your second amendment right for the period of the RO. This was how it was explained to me by the sheriff in a wink wink, do anything but give them to us, sort of explanation.

So in light of things, paying a couple hundred bucks in transfer fees as well worth not losing a couple special items, and a very nice custom Seko.

I'm in a little bit of gray area, as all my current guns are rifles which are not required to be registered. I had the option of just claiming I didn't own any, but thought it better to play by the rules. I realize they are mostly concerned with hand guns.

Yes, it's completely fcuking insane. I will be a few grand, few gray hairs, and a couple bottles of booze into this whole debacle of lies once all is said and done, and that's if the judge goes in my favor. Hearsay is very admissible in these cases so I could be doubly fucked if that happens.

This. I learned this the hard way. We either give a cash incentive or in the case of a commercial property, I've even gone so far as to find the deadbeat a new cheaper warehouse in a crappy area to help encourage them to get out. With our residential buildings you wouldn't believe how well a $500 incentive towards their "new home" goes.

Is that even an option for him because of the restraining order? I thought it was no contact, x amt of feet away etc.

Yes, it's completely fcuking insane. I will be a few grand, few gray hairs, and a couple bottles of booze into this whole debacle of lies once all is said and done, and that's if the judge goes in my favor. Hearsay is very admissible in these cases so I could be doubly fucked if that happens.

Well I wish you the best of luck, that sucks. What's really scary is if you get issued the RO and don't even know that it requires you to give up your guns; you become an instant criminal!

Well I wish you the best of luck, that sucks. What's really scary is if you get issued the RO and don't even know that it requires you to give up your guns; you become an instant criminal!

You get served with the papers, and it spells it out clear as day, at least in my case it did. Seems like it would be very difficult to miss that point. If you're involved in something like this, believe me, You Know about it!

What a fucked up situation. The guns part is especially scary. I wonder if you have then all registered to a trust (like you can do with NFA items) if you could have just made your dad an executor and taken your name off of the trust? Then you are looking at an easy transfer back and forth with only the cost of the notary.

Im not 100% up to speed on trusts so someone else can chime in. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - Final hearing was this morning, all parties present in court. End result, the whole thing was dismissed and nothing but a huge waste of time and money for myself and the court.

Update - Final hearing was this morning, all parties present in court. End result, the whole thing was dismissed and nothing but a huge waste of time and money for myself and the court.

It's been a while. His suit against you was dismissed?

Does that mean he has to GTFO now?

It's been a while. His suit against you was dismissed?

Does that mean he has to GTFO now?

Yeah the Restraining order request had no grounds, no evidence, and the judge was not happy about this. Whole thing was dismissed.

Sorting out how to proceed with the eviction to stop this from repeating itself, probably involving social services etc. It's a huge fcuking headache but hopefully will be over soon.

In celebration I'm going to the fcuking gun range this weekend! :hunter:

Damn I read your post and truely felt relieved for you as if it was my case. Go shoot some for me bro.

Thanks buddy! I'm relieved, at lest for this immediate victory.

Next time any of you find yourself in this situation, just imagine the person needing help taking $10k from your wallet, setting it on fire, and calling the police to report you for arson.

Sadly, if the whole place burst into flames right now it would make my life a lot easier.

Why can't landlords create contracts that waive tenant rights? I feel like people can waive all sorts of rights, so why not their tenant ones?

Also, anyway you could structure a rental like a vacation rental/hotel? I feel like the Ritz will throw your ass out on day 1 if you don't pay the bill.