Looking at continental gt verts - warranty necessary?

05LSV

Yes the kit was on it. I added the wheels and lowered it a tad. Its got a few passed 20k on the clock. I dont really know about the different changes amongst the years though. Glad to help anytime.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vert is sick! Looks really clean which surprises me for a Masonry body kit. Still love your Matte White Coupe. That car is perfect!

I picked up a 07 GTC a month ago without warranty.

Before I bought it I had it checked over for issues. We had the 2 battery's replaced and the alternator rebuilt "liquid cooled." Turns out the dealer was jumping the car for about a month as it sat in the show room which killed the regulator. Another thing I learned is about the convertible top lid and water leakage problems. There is a few computers and lots of wiring that can get wet and if that happens its a major nightmare.

I think you will be fine with or without the warranty.

Stunning!

I've had 2, both daily drivers.

They are expensive to service and maintain. For example, a windshield is $6,000 (CAD). They also drink fuel like no other. That part isn't really about the expense per se but more about standing at the pump every 2 days. Also, there is no bottom on the market for BCGTs. As a daily, plan to depreciate $2,500 to $5,000 a month, depending on what your entry point is.

They aren't for shallow pockets but everything else is a positive about them and to this day I still love the way they look.

I love the looks off the car, but you guys are really souring me on the maintenence and service. The 2010 car is more than I want to spend, and I don't want to buy a car less reliable than my Gallardo unless its a Murci...lol. Guess ill be on the lookout for CPO cars or hope that 2010s come down before the warranty runs out...

Sorry your getting all the negatives about the car from the other members. I find myself amazed by this as well.

These cars are solid, a warranty is not a reason to buy one. Besides, its not like your "not" paying for the warranty in a 2010, its in the price your paying.

The aftermarket warranty that was referred to earlier in the thread is about $3k a year, seriously.... You would have to have some awful luck to get stuck with a lemon in order to ring the register to $3-$4k a year in repairs not including maintenance.

They do drink fuel, I get about 12 miles to the gallon around South Beach and about 17ish on the highway.

As to depreciation, if you buy right you will be in good shape. Nothing worse then any other car you have ever had im sure.

But then again if you buy off the show room floor then so be it, you chose your fate in that respect.

Gt's are far more reliable than a Murci or a Gallardo , I have own them all and the GT is my current daily driver. I have an 06 and its very well built , after 6 months of ownership I only had service done and filters for $500.00. That's it! I would buy it hands down again and mine is out of warranty , make sure you get a PPI if possible but if you buy from Symbolic they are a very reputable dealer and a Bentley dealer to so you will be safe , they stand behind their product so if something comes up they will take care of it right away. I have bought several cars from them and they are the top notch in SD.

How is a windshield that expensive?? Couldn't you just have one made?

Custom molded compound curved laminated/tempered glass, that could easily be a $15k item.

If you want to find out, I know from experience these guys do exceptional work. http://www.metalcrafters.com/

That vert is sooo sexy! Never seen one that has actually wowed me besides the one you just picked up. Enjoy it man, stunning car.

To the OP, good luck on finding the right car and just take your time. The right car will pop up

Gt's are far more reliable than a Murci or a Gallardo , I have own them all and the GT is my current daily driver. I have an 06 and its very well built , after 6 months of ownership I only had service done and filters for $500.00. That's it! I would buy it hands down again and mine is out of warranty , make sure you get a PPI if possible but if you buy from Symbolic they are a very reputable dealer and a Bentley dealer to so you will be safe , they stand behind their product so if something comes up they will take care of it right away. I have bought several cars from them and they are the top notch in SD.

Thanks for the feedback on Symbolic. I need to go check out their shop...

doesn't everyone pay the extra5 bucks a month in insurance for full glass coverage? WHo buys windshields these days? I had one for a while and never had an issue. The gas mileage sucked but no mechanical issues.

• 3 months later...
Definitely get a warranty, a buddy of mine purchased a cgt and within the first 3 months he dropped 20k on struts and other miscellaneous items. He sold that car immediately afterwards.

I just found out you can get rebuilt struts (with core exchange) for about 3k.

• 3 weeks later...
Damn. I had no idea the repair bills were that bad.

They're not. The cars are basically VW's. Very reliable and if you are used to exotic car part prices, you will be in for a nice surprise for the Conti parts. Even cheaper than BMW stuff.

• 2 months later...

I finally picked up a Bentley CGT (blk/blk) from Newport that came with a CPO warranty for one year (which I had no idea all Bentley dealers offered until 2 days ago). I spent several months looking at many cars on the net and coordinating PPI's with many resellers which was a total PIA and frankly a waste of time. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt waste time with private parties or after market dealers, looking for a special "deal". Buying from the dealer gave me a piece of mind which was priceless and at a good deal. BTW Bentley CGT have had a hefty depreciation in pricing the past several months. Anyways, CPO Bentley's go through a stringent process to qualify for a dealer to resell, which made me very confident at the time of purchase. Even if anything goes wrong they will take care of it (besides navi and some other minor items). After driving it 80 miles to get back home, I was blown away by this car. Comfort, style, luxury, drop top, heated massage seats,sound system, speed,torque, etc. Driving my Murci on relatively short trips seems like work nowadays (maybe its my new city, maybe I am getting older or maybe its the novelty) but fcuk I REALLY love my Bentley.

In conclusion, IMO definitely get one...

Ive been looking at preowned GTC's for a little while, and Im not seeing the prices you guys are. Im seeing 07 and 08's being listed for around 120-130k. What is the realistic price?

07's under 100k all day long. It seems there isnt a huge demand for these cars, my car was sitting on their lot for over 5 months and there doesnt seem to be a huge turn over per autotrader. Just a warning, I was very close to pull the trigger on a local Mulliner package from a local reseller. I went to their shop twice and noticed the front end of the car was sitting on the front tires when the car was off butt when you start the car it raises back up. I asked the reseller why this is and he said when the car isnt drivin for a few weeks that happens. The Bentley dealer says otherwise, both front struts need replacement at 8k. Some poor sucker from the east coast bought the car site unseen. Definitely get a PPI.

I picked up a 07 GTC a month ago without warranty.

Before I bought it I had it checked over for issues. We had the 2 battery's replaced and the alternator rebuilt "liquid cooled." Turns out the dealer was jumping the car for about a month as it sat in the show room which killed the regulator. Another thing I learned is about the convertible top lid and water leakage problems. There is a few computers and lots of wiring that can get wet and if that happens its a major nightmare.

I think you will be fine with or without the warranty.

Beautiful car! How is the ride with those 22's? I was considering 21's but not sure, the roads here are pretty shitty.

• 2 years later...
Beautiful car! How is the ride with those 22's? I was considering 21's but not sure, the roads here are pretty shitty.

Do you still have the Bentley? What are your thoughts a couple years later?