Why spend thousands on coilovers just to lower your G?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Thanks for being so patient with this process guys. Here is the information that I have so far on these springs.

Front 16.7KG

Rear 9.0KG

Front Drop: 1.25" inch drop

Rear Drop: 1.15" inch drop

Selling price hasn't been released yet. As far as the functions go, the sport springs IS compatible with the front lifting system. Please check back as I'll have more updates this/next week.

If there is any way to alter the height/drop, I would take the rear down 1.5"

OR reverse the numbers you posted. From the factory, the rear wheel gap space seems bigger than the front.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Thanks for being so patient with this process guys. Here is the information that I have so far on these springs.

Front 16.7KG

Rear 9.0KG

Front Drop: 1.25" inch drop

Rear Drop: 1.25" inch drop (EDITED)

Selling price hasn't been released yet. As far as the functions go, the sport springs IS compatible with the front lifting system. Please check back as I'll have more updates this/next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SP_Lotta Murci

615358_10151271590495050_1848211520_o.jpg

665160_10151271703175050_2012348793_o.jpg

Here is another sample of the aftermarket springs for LP series Gallardo. There has been delay for the release as were continously waiting for feedback and ride quality for these springs.

Awesome Green LP570. The drop looks really good. I'm not sure what the factory LP560 spring rates are but I'm sure KW designed their coilovers to be a little stiffer than the factory ones. They used 14K front, and 15K rear for the KW3 LP560 coilovers they offer.

SP Engineering, I hope you don't mind me posting information regarding the Gallardo, R8 GT, LP560 Spring rates that I have put together.

From SP's prior post on here

2008 Gallardo Superleggera Factory spring on Bilstein shocks

Front: 9.0 KG (504lbs)

Rear: 10.4 KG (582lbs)

From SP's prior post on here

Aftermarket Swift Springs sold for Gallardo's from SP Engineering for 2008 Superleggera

Front: 10.3 KG (576.8lbs)

Rear: 12.0 KG (672lbs)

From KW's Suspension Manual

KW V3 Coilovers Gallardo 04-08

Front: 530lb/in (9.5kg) 6.7in long spring on KW shock

Rear: 742lb/in (13.3kg) 6.7in long spring on KW shock 20lb helper spring that is 3” long

From KW's Suspension Manual

KW V3 Coilovers LP560-4

Front: 800lb/in (14.3kg) 4.7in long spring on KW shock 3lb helper spring that is 3” long

Rear: 856lb/in (15.3kg) 6.7in long spring on KW shock 10lb helper spring that is 3” long

From R8Talk.com

R8 GT uses Eibach Springs from the factory

The front springs were identified in a picture. ERS numbers are easy to interpret.

200mm free length, 70mm diameter, 110 rate (n/mm)

That equates to around a 630lb/in front spring. Now the is an "a" at the end of the part number which could either indicate it's just an R8 GT specific part

The Ithaca 570 looks insane, I like the wheels and the drop, I am curious to see what the verdict is on the springs after the test period.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be curious to see if you can negate the bounce without making the ride any harsher. It's a fantastic looking setup and a must have for any LP Gallardo owner. Makes the car that much more aesthetically gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Sorry for the long delay gentleman, but we have been going through numerous testing back and forth with the subject and have finally "OK'd" the springs into production. We are forecasting the springs to be here in the states by the end of Feb 2013 and will start a production run of 10 sets. Will keep the community updated when I hear more from the factory. Thanks for the patience and your viewings.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SP_Lotta Murci

***PRE-ORDERS NOW AVAILABLE***

Price: $799.00 + shipping

*International please pm me with postal code*

We are making a run for 10 sets for the first batch.

(ETA: Expecting these end of Feb 2013)

Please PM me if you have any further questions.

So are these spring applications for the LP Gallardo's?

I've got an 08 Superleggera and hate how soft the suspension feels. So I might give this some consideration if there is an pre LP application. If there is then my next 2 questions are:

1). How low will the car be? Will it be as low as the green Superleggera in this thread?

2). Will it work with the lift function?

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
So are these spring applications for the LP Gallardo's?

I've got an 08 Superleggera and hate how soft the suspension feels. So I might give this some consideration if there is an pre LP application. If there is then my next 2 questions are:

1). How low will the car be? Will it be as low as the green Superleggera in this thread?

2). Will it work with the lift function?

Check PM please.

I have been emailing William Wong about these for a while. I want a set. However I think a few questions need to be answered for all the guys looking at these:

Are you going to provide installation instructions?

Do you need any special tools to install?

Does the Lift system need to be "cracked" into or bled as a part of the install?

I noticed the Green car you tested on had aftermarket wheels. Are there any scrubbing issues with those or stock wheels?

Where are they being made?

Do we get to know who is making these? (mainly looking for credentials)

And of course, any pictures??

Thanks a bunch!!!

The Ithaca 570 looks insane, I like the wheels and the drop, I am curious to see what the verdict is on the springs after the test period.

you've seen mine lowered and i told you how easy changing the springs were.

1001615[/url]']

you've seen mine lowered and i told you how easy changing the springs were.

I know, I just didn't have the guts to play with the lift system.

1002017[/url]']

old saying.

keep moving or get run over.

This year make sure you do more overtaking than running over :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...