BREAKING NEWS - BOHMER 283mph Standing Mile

emanon

That is crazy. IIRC he had a 2 stage nitrous system on it 100 shot/400 shot total. Only used 100 shot on the 253mph run.

That's what I had heard at least. I could be wrong though as that was a while ago.

That is bat shit crazy fast over any distance...let alone a mile!!!

i know 17mph at that speed is a TON to find...but 300mph in a mile is sorta just around the corner.

Every day that goes by, I feel like this is BS. Wasn't there some crazy discrepancy on the timing/speed calculation in the FL events vs. TX?

Every day that goes by, I feel like this is BS. Wasn't there some crazy discrepancy on the timing/speed calculation in the FL events vs. TX?

Sorry its taking a bit, but from what I have been told this was setup and calibrated in a way that nobody will be able to refute. There will be lots of press shortly.

I wasn't at the event he did 253mph at, but i do know the organizer, and there was no discrepancy. People on multiple forums were stating he started further back which was bs. At the end of the event, they were letting people start from the very end of the runway to see if people were able to peg the speedo before the 1 mile mark, but not on that run. The timing equipment was setup by the same company that used to run (maybe they still do?) the timing system of the Texas mile.

People got their panties in a wad because a few people did some runs from about an eighth mile before the start of the mile which was all done for fun.

Been way too long of a wait to see if this is legit. Not to mention if he used NOS I view that as a PED.

The appeal of Heffner and UGR is that those guys build nasty systems that can dominate at the Mile and then still drive you home in comfort afterwards.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Been way too long of a wait to see if this is legit. Not to mention if he used NOS I view that as a PED.

The appeal of Heffner and UGR is that those guys build nasty systems that can dominate at the Mile and then still drive you home in comfort afterwards.

:iamwithstupid:

This guy drives this FGT TT all over South Florida. Still has AC/stereo/etc last time I saw it too.

And it's official!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2...f27a6d007acb682

Performance Power Racing reset the record for the fastest standing mile (car) this week at 283.232 mph.

Johnny Bohmer, owner of Performance Power Racing (USA), broke the record at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA, using a 2006 Ford GT to set the record.

The standing mile is an event in which a vehicle, from a dead stop, accelerates completely through the one mile mark.

The West Palm Beach based Research and Development Company worked directly with Pratt and Whitney on a new high specific strength, high temperature tolerant, Aluminum Alloy named Pandalloy™.

Parts were specifically designed and manufactured out of Pandalloy for the Ford GT used in the attempt.

"Our entire team has worked very hard to get here and we are proud to be able to put an American car in the record books as the fastest street car in the world." Mr. Bohmer said about the achievement. "By NASA allowing us access to a one of a kind facility, we are given the opportunity to push the limits of these technologies and explore their benefits. An immense amount of research and development went in to this 3 year project and we are just scratching the surface of where these systems can be utilized outside of the racing arena."

The run was measured by Tag Heuer timing equipment and verified by officials from the International Mile Racing Association, who recognized the run as a new IMRA world record.

Johnny's crew included Matt Lundy (lead design tech), Jeff McEachran, Frank Richert, George Brown and Matt Lilly.

Sponsors of the car included Big Stuff, Eye Candy Performance Car Care, Magna Fuel, Moran Racing Engines, Snow Performance, NLR Power and Control, Pandalloy Extreme Performance Aluminum, Performance Power Materials, Precision Turbo & Engine, and Serious Autosport.

Using NOS?

From what I have been told, All turbo, no sauce. But I wasn't there so I can't 100% confirm either way. IMO, it doesn't matter either wayt, it's still very much a street car that put the wood to everything else by 20mph, even with the new record in TX today.

Interesting. Time for Someone else to come down to the NASA run way and give it a shot at it. They haven't really had any other cars except one GT-R that just broke 200mph. Its a pretty exclusive group and charge some kind of yearly membership fee if I recall. Its supposedly perfect for the 1 mile run with plenty of room to slow down. I'm pretty sure there are several cars in the 260mph range including PEAK with his Yellow Ford GT or White SL TT.

This was the guy that had all of the rumors swirling when he claimed he broke the 1 mile record a couple years back but it wasn't recorded right supposedly so it wasn't counted.

Not sure i understand what you are saying? N20 is a real power adder. 283mph deserves mad respect.

Fastest in a standing mile ..PERIOD!

love it or hate it, the car went on a mission to fcuk all cars sideways and it did just that!

I know Ray's car is the real deal..until Ray trys /beats this Ford GT give credit where credit is due.

283mph is no joke in a standing mile. Just a little FYI- Bugatti Veyron standing mile is 205 mph. lol.

LOL........This is how you break a record. Not by 1 or 2 mph but by 20 MPH... 283mph in just a mile is just............disgusting. Methinks they might hold this record for a little while.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
PEAKs GT its ready........ But he is busy FLYING :)

Flying in his GT you mean? lol