Drove a gt-r for the first time - 720hp

05LSV

A buddy of mine just bought a BoostLogic (?) tuned GT-R and I got to drive it last weekend. It puts down about 720hp to the wheels. Tons of carbon, nice wheels, and Jesus was it fast. I'd never ridden in or driven a gtr, so this was fun. He has it set to about 20lb of boost, and can supposedly go higher, but would apparently have issues with the transmission since it isn't built out. Anyways, here's a couple of pics...

Fastest car I've ever driven by a longshot. He said the 0-60 was 2.6 and I'm going to say that was probably accurate. It was crazy fast. I did a few 40-130 pulls and it was pretty much insane. I would be lying if I said I didn't think for a split second about buying one. To be honest though, the car doesn't have anywhere near the presence of the Gallardo, and the "video game" quality of the dual clutch, much like the 458 Ferrari, numbs the driving experience.

That GTR looks pretty cool. That seems like a good amount of power, lots of fun without being too crazy. GTR is tough to beat for all around value, but of course as you said it doesnt look as good as Lambo. That being said, I would own another one.

• 1 month later...

David, I agree with you that it isn't a good replacement for a Lambo. I just drove a buddy's stock 13' today and even stock I think that's the fastest car I've been in. Would be a sweet daily driver though!

A GTR makes a fantastic daily driver. Mine is a mere 600BHP and is silly fast, but with adjustable mapping you can put it into “economy” mode and your granny could take it shopping.

If I’m in a hurry I'd take the GTR; but if I want to really enjoy driving the Countach is much more fun!

I bought a 2013 a while ago and had Boost Logic do some bolt ons. I'm very impressed with the car. It's very fast (and quick) and very docile to drive. My mom could drive it.