2012 SCION TUNER CHALLENGE

NRG x Lambo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh mike built that one for you? I saw a photo of it (not from mike)...it's going to kick everyone's ass. I love that diffuser and that wing that mounts differently. don't want to say too much!

Cool stuff man, car looks great! Cant wait to see the final pics of it! By FAR the best looking of the 3!

Best of luck! :icon_thumleft:

oh mike built that one for you? I saw a photo of it (not from mike)...it's going to kick everyone's ass. I love that diffuser and that wing that mounts differently. don't want to say too much!

Mike from MV? Majority of the car was built at different locations and at my home. Mike helped develop his MV lip kit off this car (this is the first car featuring his lip kit) and he helped me develop the widebody we designed for the car. He's an amazing talent to have on the team!

Yes, this was the car that got me excited. i've been doing this for 13 years now and not a lot of cars get me excited anymore. Yours definitely kept me wanting to see more! I love that lotus diffuser, works perfectly for the car!

It's amazing, I love it, considering the time frame and the budget you've done an incredible job :turboalex:

Are you at liberty to list the mods or not yet?

Yes, this was the car that got me excited. i've been doing this for 13 years now and not a lot of cars get me excited anymore. Yours definitely kept me wanting to see more! I love that lotus diffuser, works perfectly for the car!

:icon_thumleft: thanks ray! means a lot! it's been quite a long time since i built a car to "compete" with... a lot of people are saying that i might not do too well on judging because i intentionally over looked categories like AUDIO/AV. but let's hope the judges will understand the theme and give the car the nod that a lot of people seem to be sharing.

it was definitely a FUN experience. tough/stressful... but fun. couldn't have done it without all the sponsor support and a bunch of friends on the west-coast who were rooting to see us take the trophy.

all in the hands of the judges now... we'll find out OCT 31st. eeekkk...

It's amazing, I love it, considering the time frame and the budget you've done an incredible job :turboalex:

Are you at liberty to list the mods or not yet?

i can ONLY share what SCION/SCION RACING posts, and shares first. they sort of have a media release schedule around the whole build. i'll post the full mod/spec list on the car no later than halloween if it doesn't surface by then.

Wow, very cool. My old shop used to work on projects with the fox marketing crew. he put out a few cars like this for Lexus. I think a throwback to the original initial d ae86 would have been sweet too! Good luck, yours is my favorite of the trio. Based off the stickers, the mod list should be pretty interesting!

i can ONLY share what SCION/SCION RACING posts, and shares first. they sort of have a media release schedule around the whole build. i'll post the full mod/spec list on the car no later than halloween if it doesn't surface by then.

I completely understand, all the best to you!

Good luck man. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the FRS. What color did you get? Ended up getting asphalt

my build started with a red one... made things a LOT more of a hassle when i wanted to go all black... LOL!

You made Autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/28/scion-s...coupes-w-video/

If we had to pick a winner right now, it would probably be Daniel Song's FR-S GT (above). The Orange County, California resident decided to eschew the typical show car regimen for a pared-down GT racer look. The car features a widebody kit penned by JONSIBAL along with a full roll cage, a Sparco racing seat and plenty of carbon fiber. Song's FR-S uses the same Vortech Supercharger as Toca's creation.

Awesome build!

Great mods-I too am wondering how that came in at less than $15,000 without discounts for the media coverage the car would get.

A Vortech kit has to be $7,000 new, Sparco Seat/wheel/rail-$1,500, Wheels/Tires-at least $2,500, air suspension-at least $1,000,, brembos-$2,500 on the low end, one of one APR wing-$1,000, exhaust-$700, widebody kit-$3,000, roll cage-$1,500, gauges/switches/console-$600, wrap-$250 on the low end,

I would have guessed close to $22,000-$23,000 on the low end.

Awesome build!

Great mods-I too am wondering how that came in at less than $15,000 without discounts for the media coverage the car would get.

A Vortech kit has to be $7,000 new, Sparco Seat/wheel/rail-$1,500, Wheels/Tires-at least $2,500, air suspension-at least $1,000,, brembos-$2,500 on the low end, one of one APR wing-$1,000, exhaust-$700, widebody kit-$3,000, roll cage-$1,500, gauges/switches/console-$600, wrap-$250 on the low end,

I would have guessed close to $22,000-$23,000 on the low end.

can't do it without great SPONSORS! :icon_mrgreen: