sv-price check

christiann

not even sure if they would do it (e-gear => 6-speed) nowadays.

Production on Aventador is at full blast, and they are surely preparing everything for the Gallardo replacement, which will see that part of the factory at standstill for 6mths while they get the production facilities ready to produce the all new V10 baby.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unless you want to build one..probably not going to happen...

There were ONLY 3 Manual SV cars to the USA.., 2 big wing 1 small wing..

I know one has pretty much been stripped out and is a track car for a collector in the South ,..the other is in the NE..but I dont know the owner nor what it's status is..but can ghuarantee you if it came up for sale I would snap it up. Of course mine is not for sale at this time.

I did have a weak moment a few weeks back and offered it to Billy Moss..but he turned it down..and I am actualy happy he did..cuase it is a car that just cant be replaced.

I tried to buy the 6 speed in Europe that is Maroone Eclipse, like my 6.0SE #19 Diablo..but it was not able to be imported, even under the show and display status as there were the "same" car's as the DOT stated available in a USA configuration form approved.

Roy, please enlighten me on building one.....did not know that was an option.

Guest Moss

Getting back to the subject of price, A lot of people just look at the SV as a fancy murcielago. The 30hp jump is not all that great for the price. If you notice, the cars you saw for sale in July are still for sale so i think

the numbers have not bottomed yet. The release of the Aventador at close to sticker prices will send the SV on down in my opinion. Where will they bottom? My guess is 270 plus or minus. I have been studying these

cars for a while now. I think the car you buy today will take another 30k hit before it settles. Just my opinion and I have listened to dealers talk.

I personally love the car and almost bought two here recently. I just don't like egear cars and Roy basically has the only 6 speed stick.

Right now there are (5) Murcielago SV's on ebay in the USA for sale. If there were none the price would ber higher. Once those cars get in to the hands of people who think of them as a future classic and will not sell, the the price will rise. I plan to get one. I think we are 2-4 years away from the low point in the Murcie SV market (shortly after the Aventador SV launches) but I think the price will climb up a few years later. I hear the Aventador SV will not be as limited production as the Murcie. The Aventador will be a 3 model platform for a few years; coupe, roadster, and SV. Think of the Aventador SV like the 570SL as far as production goes, but a little more limited. So, based on the fact that the Murcie SV is an epic car and there aren't many of them, I think it will be a classic and go back up in value. We are quite a few moons away from that day though. Just my opinion.

Guest Moss
Right now there are (5) Murcielago SV's on ebay in the USA for sale. If there were none the price would ber higher. Once those cars get in to the hands of people who think of them as a future classic and will not sell, the the price will rise. I plan to get one. I think we are 2-4 years away from the low point in the Murcie SV market (shortly after the Aventador SV launches) but I think the price will climb up a few years later. I hear the Aventador SV will not be as limited production as the Murcie. The Aventador will be a 3 model platform for a few years; coupe, roadster, and SV. Think of the Aventador SV like the 570SL as far as production goes, but a little more limited. So, based on the fact that the Murcie SV is an epic car and there aren't many of them, I think it will be a classic and go back up in value. We are quite a few moons away from that day though. Just my opinion.

What do you think the low price will be?

What do you think the low price will be?

I think you will see them in the $250 to $280k range, if you use our market as a guide our cars are almost always double in price, it's very weird but everytime i compare various models that's the case,there were a few SV on the market here, impossible to move at retail, at wholesale the car is a touch over $500k at the moment, which is a bargain IMO.

Well of course when it comes to selling a car, everyone, including me, thinks its worth a million bucks LOL LOL

I truly love my SV, just had the Snow tires installed on it this week for the third straight winter...plan to drive it down through the mountain passes again this year all the back way to Scottsdale in January.

Is it worth $450K..?

Probably in realistic terms NO..but there is nothing else out there that I would be happy with over my SV, so what would I do with 450K when there is nothing else to get..

Will it go up in value over a standard 640 or other more then one of the other 42 USA SV in the coming years?

IMO, yes, it is a car that will hold at the VERY least better then any others prior to it...AM I holding my breath..nope..cause I bought it to enjoy..

I dont buy clothes, shoes, food or booze...or anything for that matter wondering what it will bring me down the road..I buy my things becuase I like them, they make me hapy and but for the Grace of God I have been blessed to be able to afford some of the extras I want in life...the sooner more people forget what a Auction price is, forget what it will be worth in 3 years, forget all the stress crap associated with your purchase...you will have so much more enjoyment out of your items..

Just my 2 cents

Not to hijack, but for the record....if anyone is selling a manual SV, I am a buyer.

I think Tommy James and Roy own the only 2 left in the US.

EDIT: Helps if I realize there is a 2nd page before I post...my bad

If anyone is interested im prety sure someone in the chicago area owns the other

Manual sv.... He posted it on teamspeed when he bought it.... Matt white n a bog wing.... So that might b a lead for spmeone interested

I think Tommy James and Roy own the only 2 left in the US.

Toms car is E-Gear..however it is one of the very very few, only one in the USA that I know of with the standard LP640 Seats instead of the SV CF seats..a little more comfy and Tom likes it.

If anyone is interested im prety sure someone in the chicago area owns the other

Manual sv.... He posted it on teamspeed when he bought it.... Matt white n a bog wing.... So that might b a lead for spmeone interested

Correct, that is the one that from my last tracking went down to the Texas area and is now used for mainy track use...as I decribed in my earlier post.

And here you go. Roy you can send me the finders fee!

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/used/Lambor...ington/1146174/

So now we can see that $450K would not get me to let it go...however in a weak moment I did offer it to Billy at that price...

Whats the premium for a Diablo SV vs a same year Diablo?

None. Problem in 99 was the only choices were VT, which was a limited run also, the SV and the Roadster. SV and VT that year were brought to US in similar numbers IIRC. Roadster seems to still command a premium. SV new in 99 was 240K, but with special paint was 250K.

I'll be in the market for a LP670 next year (summer), would you be able to help me find the one I'm looking for when the time comes, Roy?

I'm looking for:

Orange exterior

Black interior

eGear

Big "SV" sticker

Rear back up camera

NAV

BTW, check this out... it gives you an understanding of all the SV's out there in the world, and where they are.... http://spike.voila.net/LP670-4%20SV/regist...fiedmodels.html

I'll be in the market for a LP670 next year (summer), would you be able to help me find the one I'm looking for when the time comes, Roy?

I'm looking for:

Orange exterior

Black interior

eGear

Big "SV" sticker

Rear back up camera

NAV

<5000 miles

BTW, check this out... it gives you an understanding of all the SV's out there in the world, and where they are.... http://spike.voila.net/LP670-4%20SV/regist...fiedmodels.html

More then happy to help you when you are ready

Roy

More then happy to help you when you are ready

Roy

Great!! :turboalex:

:icon_thumleft:

Is there anyone on the board who has an Aventador and a Murcielago SV? I am wondering how someone feels about having both at the same time. Different enough when you go from one to the other? Just wondering... :eusa_shhh: :headbang:

I think you will see them in the $250 to $280k range, if you use our market as a guide our cars are almost always double in price, it's very weird but everytime i compare various models that's the case,there were a few SV on the market here, impossible to move at retail, at wholesale the car is a touch over $500k at the moment, which is a bargain IMO.

Hi Fortis,

I was told the SV wholesale/ trade price is around 450k and the retail pice is roughly around 500k over the past weekend... A couple of SVs have been changed hands at the retail value of 500k lately and we have only got 8 all up down under, I was also told the price will go further down a bit, but who knows...

There was a really nice black egear SV today I saw at Premier Exotics. It was nice in person and definitely commanded some attention. I liked the big rear wing for sure.

Hi Fortis,

I was told the SV wholesale/ trade price is around 450k and the retail pice is roughly around 500k over the past weekend... A couple of SVs have been changed hands at the retail value of 500k lately and we have only got 8 all up down under, I was also told the price will go further down a bit, but who knows...

Wow surprised to see them deep into the $400's, you enjoying yours more than the 570?

Wow surprised to see them deep into the $400's, you enjoying yours more than the 570?

The SV is a huge car to drive around, but each drive is an epic experience, there isn't anything out there that can match the lambo v12 sound! I loved my 570 too as it was definitely a lot easier and more nimble to control! Miss my 570 sometimes to be honest, I could definitely drive the SL daily where it cannot be done easily in the SV.

I thought so, that's the reason the V12 ownership never enticed me, not as nimble and maneuverable, impressive to look at, intoxicating sound but a lot harder to live with, it does not suit the type of driving and the roads I enjoy.

Perfect scenario would be owning both, after all you could buy a slightly used 570 and a slightly used 670 for what your SV sold for when new.

There was a really nice black egear SV today I saw at Premier Exotics. It was nice in person and definitely commanded some attention. I liked the big rear wing for sure.

I saw that car about two weeks ago - really clean/original. John has very nice cars.

Surprised to hear the pricing is so strong. I haven't followed them closely but I thought that LP670SV's were in the low to mid 300's?