50th Aniversary Aventador

dtrax

Reventon had 10 more compared to the LP640 while the Reventon Roadster used the SV engine and possibly it's exhaust setup. The Veneno had a 60 hp boost which is equivalent to the jump from the 6.2 Murcielago to the LP640 plus some hardcore aero features AND weight drop.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC the Reventon and Reventon roadster had horsepower increases as well. From what I remember the coupe had 20 additional hp and the roadster had 30 more (roadster came out 2 years after coupe and utilized SV engine/tuning upgrades).

They just used blueprinted engines, nothing mechanical was changed for those cars as far as I know, beyond cosmetics like the dash and lights.

I visited the factory when the Reventon was produced, they used standard engines. Every engine makes a different amount of HP due to small manufacturing/material defects, the ones tested and rated a little higher than usual were set apart to be put in Reventons, but it was the same unit.

Bad take.

The Revolting was a pure rebody, with no significant improvements to any part of the base LP640's performance envelope.

The Veneno on the other hand is hundreds of pounds lighter, has vast aero improvements versus the base LP700, and a recalibrated suspension designed to take advantage of both.

It will be faster in every metric, every lap time, or really anything a stop watch can be put to versus anything else Lambo has ever made, or WILL make over the next decade (yup, even faster than the mythical and several-years-away Aventador SV).

It's easy to dismiss this as the Revolting 2.0 on the surface, but that is simply not the case factually.

There's another thing that's faster too....your heart rate when you see the thing! I'm STILL shocked when I look at the pics!

For everyone complaining about the "re-bodied" issue...

Cars like Reventon and Veneno are styling design exercises. They are designed to as "art pieces" intended to show what a company is capable of. In the case of the Reventon, the purpose was to show where the company may go styling wise (example the Aventador takes many ques from the car). That's why they do a limited number, high prices model: You're paying for a very limited design. The performance is the main focus, the focus is the showcasing the art of the design. Lamborghini doesn't care about the broad appeal or performance boost, they are making limited edition art cars which they use the funds from to cover the R&D costs to invest in their main models...that's the point of a car such as these. From a business standpoint they are a great idea, and from an enthusiasts stand point they fantastic because it's the company doing something so far outside it's norm.

Saying "it's just re-bodied" is missing the point...the point is the exterior design is the focus and that's what you're paying for: A limited design piece. It great seeing what a company can do, and with cars like the Reventon and Veneno not only inspiring imagination but also helping to pay for the cost of making the Aventador great and up-coming Gallardo replacement (which according to my source at Lambo will "Leave the 458 Italia in the dust"), I am not only in full support of this but I can't wait to see what insanity they dream up next :icon_thumleft:

My 2 cents

The Veneno is just plain sex on wheels. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to drop the haterade, because that's all it is fo sho'.

peace out!

• 2 months later...

Yellow looked better IMO, the black accents and the stitching on the yellow car were stunning, too many details are getting lost on the grey car.

Yellow looked better IMO, the black accents and the stitching on the yellow car were stunning, too many details are getting lost on the grey car.

:iamwithstupid: The anniversary yellow looked amazing in person!

• 3 weeks later...
The 50th is badass looking

Mmmmk that's some motivation right there.

:iamwithstupid:

All of the 50th Anniversary Aventador allocations are spoken for and they are no longer accepting orders.

That didn't take long. :icon_winkle:

All of the 50th Anniversary Aventador allocations are spoken for and they are no longer accepting orders.

No it didnt :eusa_dance:

50th Anniversary looks extremely good in real life, in photos you have the impression the proportions of the front and rear bars aren't quite right but they are spot on, stunning car.

Both Coupé and Roadster ... all sold out ?

A bit sad someone took my mockup and removed all my information from it:

aventador_lp720_anniversary_roadster_bia

A bit sad someone took my mockup and removed all my information from it:

If it makes you feel better as soon as I saw the photo I knew where it had come from. LOVE your builder! Way better then anything Lambo is offering right now.