1.5 M$ Fcrap

mecano

"In a move harking back to the golden period of automotive history when manufacturing techniques allowed wealthy clients to order highly customised bodywork for their Ferrari, Rolls Royce or Bentley, a handful of 456's received bespoke coachwork by Pininfarina. Each of these Speciale's (codenamed 'Venice') were commissioned by that most extravagant of collectors, the Sultan of Brunei. Several body styles were made, Pininfarina producing Cabriolet's, Berlina's and Station Wagon's, each of which is reputed to have cost $1.5m.

Much of the development work for these cars was undertaken by Italtecnica between 1995 and ’96, a company who will be familiar to Ferraristi for their more recent work on 550 Maranello GT racers. All left the Ferrari factory as standard 456 GT's and GTA's before being converted by Pininfarina, but exact details are sketchy with only a couple of examples having left the Sultan's personal collection. Chassis 103190 was a five door 456 GTA Shooting Break finished in Forest Green Metallic over a pale green leather interior. With a wheelbase stretched by 200mm, new bodywork from the windscreen back, new seats and custom switchgear, 103190 was completed in right-hand drive like nearly all the Sultan's cars. Pininfarina also completed red, yellow and grey Shooting Break's. Chassis 104023 was a two seat Cabriolet also finished in Forest Green Metallic over pale green, its electrically operated hood folding flush beneath a body coloured panel. However, a bulky tail treatment with a gently sloping trunk and four individual rear lights compromised a nice concept. At least two other right-hand drive Cabriolet's were completed in silver and red while several four door Berlina's were also built. We are currently putting a definitive chassis index together and hope to publish the findings before too long"

Could one of the 456 estates made for the Sultan of Brunei, if I am not mistaken.

This is a joke.... right???? Somebody photoshoped this????

That looks like the 1976 ford pinto station wagon my mom drove me around in as a child....

Could one of the 456 estates made for the Sultan of Brunei, if I am not mistaken.

It is, and says so in the text.

the station wagon was for sale in england a year or so ago. the convert is in a mesuen in la,cal

I hate the 456 looks, I however love the new 612 as a 4 seater with modular wheels, I love it.

I hate the 456 looks, I however love the new 612 as a 4 seater with modular wheels, I love it.

I sat in one a week ago in Laguna Beach, and it was hideous. Tight as hell too, thought there would be more room in that massive beast. This one had bad colors too, it was that very light beige on tan leather. Interior was nice, for a Ferrari/Italian sports car. But nothing that would make anyone driving a Bentley CGT long for it.

Unimpressed, not sure why Ferrari green-lighted this car in its current ugly form, but then again it's meant to appeal to previous blind 456 owners, so in that way it must be perfect for the job, lol.

Seriously the 612 is a joke. At first it had to be a Fiat but they thought it was a shame to put the Fiat logo onto a such POS. So they gave the car to Ferrari.

I love it in this color, the interior is gorgous.  

http://www.exotixboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=722

Ugly as hell. And the Daytona option on the seats made me literally laugh at my lcd out loud. lol, Ferrari...they're so commercialized these days. Daytona piping on a 4-seat family car, rofl.

Next they'll include a bronze bust of Enzo in the back seat of each car. Got to milk the heritage for anything it's worth baby! ;)

Well I guess you can say the Gallardo is damn commercialized these days, same radio and climate controls as the Audi A8. The daytona seats look great, its not a family car more of a GT car. I think its a great car, with looks that not everyone likes.

Well I guess you can say the Gallardo is damn commercialized these days, same radio and climate controls as the Audi A8. The daytona seats look great, its not a family car more of a GT car. I think its a great car, with looks that not everyone likes.

Nope. The A8 controls are an economic decision to save money in a volume model, not a "play on the nostalgia of old collectors" decision as the Daytona piping in that family car is.

Again, I think the 612 is perfect for its intended audience. It gives all the guys that actually liked the hideous abomination that the 456 was something to step up to. Ferrari knows what they're doing for sure.

"No Antonio, it must be uglier...it must capture the essence of 456 ugliness to emotionally MOVE that customer to buy it from us! Add in some headlights that look like a Gekko's eyeball...ahhh yes, now that is ugly...we have a winner, the 612 design is complete!" :lol:

The Daytona seats are perfect in that car IMO, same as in any other F-car its unique to Ferrari has been since it was introduced. The A8 controls are hidious in my opinion, espacially in a car like the Gallardo.

A8 controls look great in my A8 and they work great. I'm sure in a couple of years they won't turn sticky like that ferrari shit does either.

Has anybody noticed the back of the ferrari station wagon looks like a subaru wagon?

I don't mind the sharing of controls in an A8 and the Gallardo really, but I do think that cars like the Bentley GT and DB9 show just how unique and impressive a $180k car's interior can be.

Lambo has some catching up to do in that regard, even the F430's interior is very sharp comparatively speaking versus the Gallardo's. One thing that helps though are either the factory Sat Nav unit or a good aftermarket LCD system, the ones I've seen in real life look on Gallardos look sharp.

lol on the "sticky shit" from F-car controls aging, that is classic. Always wondered what the hell causes that.