Rhershey

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That car is a curse and a case of demonic possession for its owner more than an infectuous decease in addition to be a hot potato. Onwership dont last over a few months of controvertial arguing worldwide.

how can this be a deal for any buyer? Roy, having a DD at Evans got in for complete engine work at ~70K to make it really good from a car that probably was in better shape to start with. Paint is $15K average for a good paint job and then you got all the interior work. Leather has to be ripped and let us not start on the dash. so let say $20K there?

to have value had a carburator convertion at $25K ?

Total= $115K + 70K + 15K +20K +25K = $245K. Lets say i am over by 50K so i'll round it to $195K. how is that a deal for a story car? The only way this is viable is a professional gets it, stop flipping this Quasimodo and do real work on it. The only way to make it whole is to avoid labor costs.

I think RHersey should make a reality show of this and rake it in! I'll watch that.

This sums it up perfectly. Anyone who says $80,000 for this bucket is a good start for a restoration is full of it.

It just keeps getting better,

From DuPont, http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search...?itemid=1938656

"This 1985 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV is an excellent example of one of the most exotic and iconic super-cars of the 1980's. Fuel injected. It runs and drives like a dream. Candy apple red with two toned black & red interior. Here's your chance to own this amazing and incredibly desirable car for only $115,000."

Item Number: 1938656 07-spacerimg.gif Mileage: Call for mileage 07-spacerimg.gif Price: $115,000 07-spacerimg.gif Stock#: 18838 07-spacerimg.gif Vin#: 18838

07-spacerimg.gif Exterior: Red 07-spacerimg.gif Interior: N/A 07-spacerimg.gif Body Style: N/A 07-spacerimg.gif Engine: N/A 07-spacerimg.gif Transmission: 4-Speed Manual 07-spacerimg.gif Make: Lamborghini 07-spacerimg.gif Model: Countach

Hell, that's even worse than Tony's first description. I guess it it lost a gear somewhere along the line with the "4-speed" transmission, lol. It sounds a little way's off from "This 1985 Lamborghini Countach is in terrible condition inside and out, smokes, doesn't truly run/is not drive-able, and needs over $100k in work. Recently inspected by recognized mechanical experts and assessed to be a long-neglected basket case. A true barn find without the barn. Bonus: no flood damage, rolls on/off of trailer smoothly. $65,000 obo."

I think he is implying that is your description to the new seller who has not even gotten it off the delivery truck yet before offering it up for sale in excellent condition. Just be glad your rid of it, buyer beware.

If all this car needed was paint it might have not been so bad. This car is really bad and needs tons of new parts including engine work. It does not drive or sound great it is really really bad.

Yeah, I know. I was just saying start off with the paint work....maybe the eyes won't be so sore after that.

I don't care what anybody says, it worth restoring. If you are adding the restoration numbers up, then basing it on todays values, you are mistaken. Base it on the values of when you finish it in 2 yrs.

^If that is true then buy it and park it. In two years if the prices are through the roof then start the restoration or sell it. Parts and labor costs will not have appreciated much in that short period of time and you would be ahead of the game, or at least have a handle whether there is money to be made.

Two years goes by quickly.

Yes and it gained 24 valves. "5000QV"?

indeed it did! that explains the price hike.

however I suspect a prank is being done on the lambo community. Here is why : the add finishes with:

"Here's your chance to own this amazing and incredibly desirable car for only $115,000"

the "chance" and "only" are a bit over the top and taunting.

"amazing": certainly it is... that for sure in the overall context...

"Incredibly" is another adjective that applies to the situation although in a different context..

indeed it did! that explains the price hike.

however I suspect a prank is being done on the lambo community. Here is why : the add finishes with:

"Here's your chance to own this amazing and incredibly desirable car for only $115,000"

the "chance" and "only" are a bit over the top and taunting.

"amazing": certainly it is... that for sure in the overall context...

"Incredibly" is another adjective that applies to the situation although in a different context..

That, or Peter's friend is a real dick.

It just keeps getting better,...

"It runs and drives like a dream."...

Technically they didn't specify what kind of dream. They could be talking about a Vietnam flashback nightmare involving napalm and machine gun fire. That would almost be accurate...

Technically they didn't specify what kind of dream. They could be talking about a Vietnam flashback nightmare involving napalm and machine gun fire. That would almost be accurate...

Lol!

I can tell you that I had a lot of nightmare's about that car when it was at my place. I hope that i don't don't have any nightmares that it came back to my place. I really don't need that type of flashbacks. LOL

I can tell you that I had a lot of nightmare's about that car when it was at my place. I hope that i don't don't have any nightmares that it came back to my place. I really don't need that type of flashbacks. LOL

I have not had so much fun following a Countach since 10 years ago when a Carb QV was offered with the chassis cut for a reduced bill on a clutch replacement!

You just cant make that stuff up!

That, or Peter's friend is a real dick.

I think I was duped.

I think I was duped.

it happends to all of us once in a while...I guess we live and learn.. But we only can admire you for working this charity for free, giving your time to help good people try to make an extra 35K or so in a short time. Few of us would be that charitable. :) :)

I think by duped he means he tried to help someone get into a car that would fix it up and not someone that would turn around and try to screw someone else like the original seller did to RHershey

I think by duped he means he tried to help someone get into a car that would fix it up and not someone that would turn around and try to screw someone else like the original seller did to RHershey

Bingo!

just saw this... wow... omg... is this a needs nothing car? lol. Im just ashamed to have people trying to flip cars like that for greed when clearly it ends up creating problems for the next owner. Should sticky this thread with a new buyer beware next to it in case any new potential buyer comes on and buys it hook line and sinker... Reminds me of a old movie from Tom hanks. Anyone seen the money pit? lol

fcuking sickening.