What's the word on WG Daytona?

JohnN

I love the idea of a WG silver dial Daytona because it looks like a SS. I like to fly under the radar, but have some exclusivity at the same time. I have a AP ROO on rubber strap now. People never even take a second glance and probably think it's a piece of crap rubber band watch. The white gold Daytona will catch more attention just because it's Rolex, but not as much as yellow gold Rolex. And I doubt anyone on earth will be able to tell it's 35K WG versus a 10K SS.

Is there any cooler options for me than a WG Daytona that somehow fits my weird logic? Thanks..

I love the idea of a WG silver dial Daytona because it looks like a SS. I like to fly under the radar, but have some exclusivity at the same time. I have a AP ROO on rubber strap now. People never even take a second glance and probably think it's a piece of crap rubber band watch. The white gold Daytona will catch more attention just because it's Rolex, but not as much as yellow gold Rolex. And I doubt anyone on earth will be able to tell it's 35K WG versus a 10K SS.

Is there any cooler options for me than a WG Daytona that somehow fits my weird logic? Thanks..

Your logic is kind of weird, buy what you want and fcuk the rest is my advice. Anyway, check out Hublots, they have some awesome models that are lowkey such as the Ice Bang, Bullet Bang and the new CF Diver, I'm getting one next :icon_thumleft:

• 10 months later...

the SS Daytona will hold its value better than the Gold or WG.

Do what I did, get a SS Daytona, swap the face to the WG one and no one will tell the difference. swap it back when you're ready to sell.

You can also get a AP panda, i am considering getting one of those

I have a 116509 Daytona. I bought it for the exact reason you describe. If I walk into a client with a gold Rolex on they think I am charging them too much. The WG has only be recognized twice in 10 years. Both times by collectors.

buy an A. Lange if you want to go under the radar but get respect for the people that know quality watches... but that might be too under the radar for you.

Very true. But a fusee tourbillon should be about right on being extraordinary yet low key.

s84_lange_pour_le_merite.jpg

The thing I have always loved about my watches is that they are for me, and for my taste, and the only people I have ever cared about noticing them are people who appreciate them and know what they are. If some mouth breather doesn't recognize the watch, good, I would rather they didn't for many reasons. If one of you guys sees it and mentions it I know we already have something in common and an appreciation for interesting things.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know why one would choose any Rolex when trying to fly under the radar.

:iamwithstupid: If you're concerned that you make look "too successful", wear a Timex