Finally found something to piss me off with my Aventador!

Lubejobs42

I LOVE my Aventador. By far my favorite car ever. Until today i did not have one single thing to biotch about regarding the car.

I Just purchased a set of Pirelli Corsa tires. When we went to remove the wheels to mount the new tires we could not find the key for the special lugs. After ripping the car apart i called Lambo to find out the key (tool) is located, i found out it does not come with the car and needs to be purchased separately. Good thing i didn't get a blow out or leaky tire on the road.

How could they not give you a lug key to remove a wheel??

lol thats pretty insane. imagine you were 10+ hours from a lambo dealer and you have a blown out tire. ridiculous that they would not give you a key just to force you to purchase tires at the dealer.

All Lambo's since 2009 that have Torx lugs did not have a wrench in the car, found out the hard way when I got my new rims on my 2009 Murci. On top of that forget going to your local auto parts to find one, the only usually handle up to a T60. And you need a T80 for the wheels, not for sure that is the same on the Aventador though.

That is bullshit! You would think the dealer would have their snap-on guy leave a box of 20 and just give them away with every care sale.

Lord knows the lambo version probably cost $350 for a $25 (REALLY NICE) socket.

Ok let me try to rationalize on behalf of Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

There is no spare so having a key when you have a flat won't really help you that much, it will always be a tow or roadside assistance.

I assume most tyre places would have the key required to remove wheels.

If you can afford a Lambo you should have your own pit crew.

They gave you a pair of white leather gloves so you can put them on and look like you know what you are doing.

Wow, that just does not make sense! What happened to the good ole days when you buy a Ferrari or Lambo and they have the nice leather tool kits with all the required tools needed, even gloves to keep your hands clean in case of a breakdown. It saddens me to see such a lack of thought. Next thing you know they will start charging you for the tow loop for the front of the car.

This is rather coincidental:

I was at my local Lambo dealer yesterday and in their showroom's display case hold a rectangular box (about half the size of a shoe box). In it contains a digital tire pressure gauge complete with Lambo shield (of course), a bottle of "Lamborghini" leather cleaner and last but not least, a torx key. About USD250.- (likely costs

Thats BS on Lambo's part.

but good to know. is it truly unique to Lambo's lugs or is it a key that most tire shops would have laying in a bin?

is it truly unique to Lambo's lugs or is it a key that most tire shops would have laying in a bin?

^IMO, Snap-on makes the best one and it's A LOT less expensive even by Snap-on standards and it fits perfectly.

We include the appropriate torx socket with a new car sale, either a T80 or T70, so owner's aren't left in a predicament. Keep in mind the Aventador comes with a tire repair kit which includes a compressor and bottle of "fix-a-flat". The torx keys are available separate for purchase from any authorized dealer's parts dept., they run about $40/piece.

This is rather coincidental:

I was at my local Lambo dealer yesterday and in their showroom's display case hold a rectangular box (about half the size of a shoe box). In it contains a digital tire pressure gauge complete with Lambo shield (of course), a bottle of "Lamborghini" leather cleaner and last but not least, a torx key. About USD250.- (likely costs

At Lamborghini Newport Beach this kit comes in all our new cars from a 550 to the Aventador. Even before this kit was out we would put the torx key in the tool kit.

At Lamborghini Newport Beach this kit comes in all our new cars from a 550 to the Aventador. Even before this kit was out we would put the torx key in the tool kit.

:icon_thumleft: