Road Trip in the SL to Austin TX

gemlender

So I took a little trip from Baton Rouge LA to Austin TX in the SL. I finally got time to have some fun behind the wheel in the car and see how it does on a long trip. Total trip was about 1000 miles there and back.

First, the experience of the Aventador Roadster unveiling was fantastic. What a beautiful car!! I finally got to meet some of the people on the forums and some new Lambo family.

Coming from a 04 G to this new 2012 SL LP570-4 is a big difference. The power that the SL puts out is fantastic. The steering response is quicker and the car feels nimbler. The ride is stiffer but I find that it actually rides better than my old G. The seats were more comfortable for the first 4 hours, but after that it begins to get to you back. Getting out and stretching this 6ft-4 body is required every so often. The car gets plenty of looks and pics from passing cars. It’s funny to see cars race up just to get next to you and take pics. I even had a cop race up along side of me to get a pic and kept motioning me to take off. I just reved my engine and waved. I averaged about 90mph going up and back. On the way home we took a long detour and found some empty long winding country roads. It was a longer way home, but what a blast. Just a few cows and farm land along the way with lots of butterflies. I have had the car for a little over a month now (but I was away for 10 days during) and received it with 140miles on it. Now the spedo reads 2056.

So what is spotted and yellow and goes 200mph??? A Lambo speeding through Texas in a field of butterflies. My car is a mess now, but that’s ok. It will wash off but the memory of the fun I had will stay. These cars are meant to be driven……. And I can’t wait for my next road trip.

post-21505-1353391004_thumb.jpg

post-21505-1353391014_thumb.png

post-21505-1353391021_thumb.jpg

post-21505-1353391028_thumb.jpg

post-21505-1353391037_thumb.jpg

Great meeting you Friday! Don't forget to send over the highlighter pics!

Same here, we enjoyed meeting you and your Dad. I will send them over tonight :icon_mrgreen:

Lol. No. Got behind a truck full of chickens.

looks like a dead rat or some type of rodent haha

thats awesome, im sure driving a 1000 mile road trip mustve been a great experience!

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Wait, there's owners that actually drive these so called Lambo's? lol

Awesome all the way around. I can't even imagine how much fun that road trip must have been.

Thanks. The best thing about it was my 19year old son went with me. He smiled all the way there and back.

So I took a little trip from Baton Rouge LA to Austin TX in the SL. I finally got time to have some fun behind the wheel in the car and see how it does on a long trip. Total trip was about 1000 miles there and back.

First, the experience of the Aventador Roadster unveiling was fantastic. What a beautiful car!! I finally got to meet some of the people on the forums and some new Lambo family.

Coming from a 04 G to this new 2012 SL LP570-4 is a big difference. The power that the SL puts out is fantastic. The steering response is quicker and the car feels nimbler. The ride is stiffer but I find that it actually rides better than my old G. The seats were more comfortable for the first 4 hours, but after that it begins to get to you back. Getting out and stretching this 6ft-4 body is required every so often. The car gets plenty of looks and pics from passing cars. It’s funny to see cars race up just to get next to you and take pics. I even had a cop race up along side of me to get a pic and kept motioning me to take off. I just reved my engine and waved. I averaged about 90mph going up and back. On the way home we took a long detour and found some empty long winding country roads. It was a longer way home, but what a blast. Just a few cows and farm land along the way with lots of butterflies. I have had the car for a little over a month now (but I was away for 10 days during) and received it with 140miles on it. Now the spedo reads 2056.

So what is spotted and yellow and goes 200mph??? A Lambo speeding through Texas in a field of butterflies. My car is a mess now, but that’s ok. It will wash off but the memory of the fun I had will stay. These cars are meant to be driven……. And I can’t wait for my next road trip.

Too bad I didn't get to meet you. I felt I was the only Lambo fan in a sea of F car owners! I did meet one other Lambo fan in the stands at turn 12. Great track and awesome race!

Too bad I didn't get to meet you. I felt I was the only Lambo fan in a sea of F car owners! I did meet one other Lambo fan in the stands at turn 12. Great track and awesome race!

+1. I only saw one other club member with Lambo gear. I was sporting hats and shirts. Dang Ferrari Fest.