something a little more pleasant

joebiz

E63 with no cats?

This thing sounds like satan unchained. No cats. Alarmingly quiet under low load, only screams bloody murder when its' accelerating or decelerating.

This thing sounds like satan unchained. No cats. Alarmingly quiet under low load, only screams bloody murder when its' accelerating or decelerating.

Hell yes they do. The NA 6.3 and blown 55 series are bad ass and sound downright evil.

Flllppbbbtt.. Sorry, yes it's a 2012 C63 my bad. Absolutely unhinged when the car is under acceleration. Snarls and spits fire. Really needs a tune-up, but I like the demonic aspect of it too. Still runs well, just obviously over the top. Makes the LP640 with Larinis sounds like a little kitten. Not going to put any more miles on it until I get the kinks worked out.

I've never experienced "supercharger" lag like this car has. Sure, on a turbo with big lungs you have some lag. But, this one really shouldn't.

When the SC comes in around 5000 rpm you better hang on because the rear tires break loose at any speed.

Flllppbbbtt.. Sorry, yes it's a 2012 C63 my bad. Absolutely unhinged when the car is under acceleration. Snarls and spits fire. Really needs a tune-up, but I like the demonic aspect of it too. Still runs well, just obviously over the top. Makes the LP640 with Larinis sounds like a little kitten. Not going to put any more miles on it until I get the kinks worked out.

I've never experienced "supercharger" lag like this car has. Sure, on a turbo with big lungs you have some lag. But, this one really shouldn't.

When the SC comes in around 5000 rpm you better hang on because the rear tires break loose at any speed.

Does it have an aftermarket supercharger? Because the factory C63 is a N/A motor.

With a twin screw sc it should make boost off idle.

Does it have an aftermarket supercharger? Because the factory C63 is a N/A motor.

With a twin screw sc it should make boost off idle.

Yes, it's a stage 2 Weistech M156 Supercharger. custom downpipes. Definitely has a lot of lag. Thinking more and more that it's being starved for fuel.

MB has really become the "German muscle car" option in recent years thanks to AMG being allowed to have a longer leesh, it's fun seeing such a staid and conservative company produce models that are wild as hell and sound like a 69 Camaro lol.

Yes, it's a stage 2 Weistech M156 Supercharger. custom downpipes. Definitely has a lot of lag. Thinking more and more that it's being starved for fuel.

I'm not positive, but it might have a vac bypass on the blower, if so check that.