Gun control in US

Fortis

The fellow from Canada jumped in 23 pages after the discussion and you can go back and see some reactions from other members. He came in in the attack mode with what I thought to be childish statements.

Now now, he's ONE guy out of millions; let's not get the country involved eventhough and especially when the topic involves legality in another country . :icon_mrgreen: :)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The topic is gun control in the US. I have nothing against Canada. They have a nice waterfall there.

Okay, Im off to see if I can find a Bren Ten before Roman beats me to it. : )

I know, j/k and hence the smileys. Thanks for the compliments on the waterfall :), we have much more than just that. :icon_mrgreen:

If someone threatened you with a bat, you're going to shoot them? Could you even legally?

Actually. I believe bats (or the people using them) are the cause of more deaths here than guns! Legal? I dont care. If they are in my house, their dead. Might as well have the upper hand if Im thrown in a game of life and death I didnt choose to be in.

Im sure its been said before, but ill say it again. There will be no changes in people if gun control is put in place.

This is coming from someone that was raised anti guns and any weapons.

Compare it to a country, like croatia and most of europe where guns are illegal. During war everyone that could get their hands on guns, bombs, ect still have it in their home in case.

Good luck getting anything from me, after all its the land of the free and I deserve like everyone else to protect myself and family.

Im sure its been said before, but ill say it again. There will be no changes in people if gun control is put in place.

This is coming from someone that was raised anti guns and any weapons.

Compare it to a country, like croatia and most of europe where guns are illegal. During war everyone that could get their hands on guns, bombs, ect still have it in their home in case.

Good luck getting anything from me, after all its the land of the free and I deserve like everyone else to protect myself and family.

The same people who tell us there is absolutely no way we can find and deport 12 Million illegal aliens, who walk around among us and interact with the rest of society all day long, so we might as well just make them all legal, on the other hand tell us they can find and confiscate 300 Million guns and make this a gun free utopia....

Yeah... OK...

We are a violent species. An amazing study in how random the combination of a few tweaked-out proteins can evolve in a cosmic micro-second. We split from a very innocuous species less than 500,000 years ago. Lived in caves for 495,000 years. Whacked women over the head with clubs, ate each others flesh and lived like monkeys. Some virulent strain decided to build cities and plant corn- and then that strain inundated and mastered THE PLANET in less than 5,000 years.

To understand how astonishing this is from an evolutionary perspective, consider this: Sharks took 350,000,000 years to evolve a functional dorsal fin. Okay?

So, listen here motherfucker. When you talk to ME about guns and how we should control them- I tell you to pick up a history book, read it and write a quick paragraph or two about how we have supposedly cleansed the violence from our DNA in 5000 years. We are a violent, intelligent, frustrated, passionate species that will die by the sword we lived by. I'm just going to make sure I have a bigger sword than you. And I will teach my kids the same thing. Walk softly, carry a big stick.

Each of us has a responsibility to either not procreate, or to do the best we can to teach our offspring to love one another without condition, and to use skepticism with strangers. And then maybe we (as a species) can exist long enough to cleanse the violence from our genetic lot.

Guest Moss
We are a violent species. An amazing study in how random the combination of a few tweaked-out proteins can evolve in a cosmic micro-second. We split from a very innocuous species less than 500,000 years ago. Lived in caves for 495,000 years. Whacked women over the head with clubs, ate each others flesh and lived like monkeys. Some virulent strain decided to build cities and plant corn- and then that strain inundated and mastered THE PLANET in less than 5,000 years.

To understand how astonishing this is from an evolutionary perspective, consider this: Sharks took 350,000,000 years to evolve a functional dorsal fin. Okay?

So, listen here motherfucker. When you talk to ME about guns and how we should control them- I tell you to pick up a history book, read it and write a quick paragraph or two about how we have supposedly cleansed the violence from our DNA in 5000 years. We are a violent, intelligent, frustrated, passionate species that will die by the sword we lived by. I'm just going to make sure I have a bigger sword than you. And I will teach my kids the same thing. Walk softly, carry a big stick.

Each of us has a responsibility to either not procreate, or to do the best we can to teach our offspring to love one another without condition, and to use skepticism with strangers. And then maybe we (as a species) can exist long enough to cleanse the violence from our genetic lot.

Well, I think that pretty much wraps up our discussion on gun control. :icon_mrgreen:

The mass shooting that happened is really tragic. But the fact of the matter is drunk drivers "massacre" more innocent victims every day than guns.

NOT ONCE in my life have I ever heard anyone call to bring back prohibition, ban alcohol sales or limit the amount of booze you can buy. In fact the opposite has happened. It's promoted on my TV every 10 minutes as a substance that you NEED to have a good time and have fun.

Do I NEED and AR15 with a 15 round magazine? No. But you don't NEED a 24 pack of beer either.

Do what you want with you and your and leave me and mine alone.

The purchases I have made in the past two days (stock photos)......and still buying.

FN FS200

1203_04721_void(0).jpeg

HK MP5 22LR

Umarex_HK_MP5_22lr_left.jpg

Spike's Tactical Zombie lower receiver.

615551_02_spikes_tactical_zombie_lower_640.jpg

I do not see the point of owning an assault riffle, they are not good for hunting, and not good for defense, the only use for these weapons is to attack someone. so I would support a ban on these guns.

I dont see the point of owning a bottle of whisky. It's good for nothing. Not good for your health, only use is to get drunk, beat your wife or drunk drive and take out a van full of kids. So I would support and ban on alcohol.

Guest Moss
I dont see the point of owning a bottle of whisky. It's good for nothing. Not good for your health, only use is to get drunk, beat your wife or drunk drive and take out a van full of kids. So I would support and ban on alcohol.

The FN shoots the 5.7X28. I have it in the FN pistol and it is an awesome round and that gun you bought is an awesome gun. Love the new HK MP5 as well :icon_thumleft:

The FN shoots the 5.7X28. I have it in the FN pistol and it is an awesome round and that gun you bought is an awesome gun. Love the new HK sp22 as well :icon_thumleft:

The FN FS2000 shoots 5.56/.223. The Five Six is a cool pistol too. I remember there was shooting with one somewhere about 10 years ago and they were trying to ban them and were calling them "cop kilers" or something. I'm picking up fun guns before Obammy drops the hammy. I'm paying out the whazoo for them though due to public panic buying. Nobody wants to be left empty handed. I was at the gun show today. AR 15s are going for up to $3,000 (normally $1,100 depending on options). Average price I saw was $2,800. I paid $2,400 for that FN. They are normally about $1,400-$1,700. So not too bad of a raping. The stripped lower I paid $450 which was a raping. They are normally about $115 or so. I thought the "zombie" theme was too cool and the wait list for them is 10 months. I'm not waiting. The HK .22LR was just because it looks cool, cheap to shoot. Even though NO stores have any "assault weapons", you can still find what you want online or at gun shows. Just be prepared to pay dearly. The only thing I could not find....AMMO. 223 and 7.62....NOBODY had any. If they did it was just a handful of boxes and they were asking $20+ for a box of 20. LOLOLOL.

FN F2000 is a cool gun.

4t0rdd.jpg

Attended a gunshow today also. Arrived to find about 500 people waiting in line to get in. Prices on what they did have were about double what they were 2 weeks ago.

5.56 ammo was about .55/round

0 stripped lower receivers

Scar 17 for $5000!

only about 5 complete AR's instead of the hundreds normally

$750 for a barebones off brand complete upper

$35 each 30 round pmags

Insanity

Attended a gunshow today also. Arrived to find about 500 people waiting in line to get in. Prices on what they did have were about double what they were 2 weeks ago.

5.56 ammo was about .55/round

0 stripped lower receivers

Scar 17 for $5000!

only about 5 complete AR's instead of the hundreds normally

$750 for a barebones off brand complete upper

$35 each 30 round pmags

Insanity

I was at a show today.

I saw one table with .223 ammo. They wanted $45/box.....yes $45 for a box of 20 for some off brand non- military surplus. (obvious price gouging)

I saw no stripped lowers, but you can get them for $350+ on gunbroker.

I saw a a table with two Barrett .50 (I don't recall if they were bolt or semi) Asking....$15,000 EACH.

There was a bunch of ARs of various makes. Anything Bushmaster, Colt, Rock River, DPMS, was $2,800.

30 round Pmags were going for $50-$65

Uppers were around $700.

USGI mags were going for around $50. AK mags a little less. $40 or so.

I saw very few AK of any type. Maybe 4.

BUNCH of individuals walking around trying to sell personal ARs. AR are cool, but EVERYONE has one, to the point where there's nothing exotic about them any longer which kills the attraction to them for me. I'd rather have something more rare. Like my new FN. Still shoots .223, but not everyone at the range will have one.

Guest Moss
The FN FS2000 shoots 5.56/.223. The Five Six is a cool pistol too. I remember there was shooting with one somewhere about 10 years ago and they were trying to ban them and were calling them "cop kilers" or something. I'm picking up fun guns before Obammy drops the hammy. I'm paying out the whazoo for them though due to public panic buying. Nobody wants to be left empty handed. I was at the gun show today. AR 15s are going for up to $3,000 (normally $1,100 depending on options). Average price I saw was $2,800. I paid $2,400 for that FN. They are normally about $1,400-$1,700. So not too bad of a raping. The stripped lower I paid $450 which was a raping. They are normally about $115 or so. I thought the "zombie" theme was too cool and the wait list for them is 10 months. I'm not waiting. The HK .22LR was just because it looks cool, cheap to shoot. Even though NO stores have any "assault weapons", you can still find what you want online or at gun shows. Just be prepared to pay dearly. The only thing I could not find....AMMO. 223 and 7.62....NOBODY had any. If they did it was just a handful of boxes and they were asking $20+ for a box of 20. LOLOLOL.

FN F2000 is a cool gun.

Okay, I thought it was the 5.7. Gunbroker is a pretty good gauge of the gun prices right now. I went to a local gun show today and there were about 6 Ar guns there.

Asking price 2000 to 2600. Ammo has tripled in price since Obama took office 4 years ago. Its really too bad.

Moss thanks for the olive branch and the apology, let's move on.

RD perhaps you should take the axe to this thread, controversial issues such as this seem to bring the worse in people.

It's actually been a very interesting thread. It's cool to see people's opinions on current and very touchy topics. The volatility of such a topic is what makes it interesting. It's such a devisive topic and I think for the most part people have kept their cool while still expressing their feelings.

You and Moss have buried the hatchet, so no need to kill the thread.

I also think the doom and gloom of the media doesn't help the situation at all. Pretty much all the media does is display what is going wrong in the world, very rarely do I see something that makes me feel good. The big news station (FOX, MSNBC, etc.) commentators don't help anything either, all they do is make both sides look like they are out to burn Bald Eagles and destroy the middle class and people really buy in to their bullshit. These mentally unstable people hear the doom and gloom constantly and it just drives them even more insane, leading them to take their lives and they sometimes take others with them.