Matte Wrap

modena35

considering wrapping my Lp640 in a matte black wrap...actually probably more of a satin. Any comments on if this is a good idea? what can I expect for the life of the wrap? is it easily professionally removed without affecting the original paint? is a satin finish much easier to clean (just like satin vs. flat on house paint?) What is the best brand to use? 3M?

thanks in advance for your experienced replies

Wrap is easy to maintain. It's not paint, JPegs13.

OP, I wrapped my Gallardo and turned it into matte black, this my thread below.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...04&hl=matte

If you plan to change the color to your Lambo, then you will go the 3M route. If you plan to change from glossy to matte but stay the same color, then go with XPEL.

Doc...thanks for the Link..great read and info. I think your G looks wayyy better wrapped. I had a black G as well and would have wrapped if I still had it after seeing yours. I would be going from white to black on the LP640 so I will have to do jambs, etc. hopefully it turns out as well as yours did

Doc...thanks for the Link..great read and info. I think your G looks wayyy better wrapped. I had a black G as well and would have wrapped if I still had it after seeing yours. I would be going from white to black on the LP640 so I will have to do jambs, etc. hopefully it turns out as well as yours did

Do matte black for sure! I'm redoing the back end of my wrap. I recently removed the "Lamborghini" script to paint it yellow (match my brake calipers) and what a great opportunity to rewrap that area to acheive a more complete professional look.

Look foward to see your 640's transformation! Post lots of pics!

ToofDoc, isn't a wrap film? I know I can polish my clear bra film if it gets a blemish. How do you fix blemishes on matte finish?

ToofDoc, isn't a wrap film? I know I can polish my clear bra film if it gets a blemish. How do you fix blemishes on matte finish?

You're right, it is a "film", but I guess I should've said, XPEL Stealth film is easy to maintain! All I need is a wet microfiber wash cloth to clean mine! I can rub and rub, never will change texture or appearance.

Don't know about 3M vinyl wraps?

Without reading all of the comments; what color is the car? I did Frosted Clear from Xpell on my black Superleggera and I'm pleased with the results.

Im considering white to a matte black. The interior is black as well. Just was counting on the forum for a little insight on changing colors with a wrap as well as which finish to get, a satin I am told does not show fingerprints, etc. as easily...just like a satin indoor paint vs. a flat. I have already received a lot of good advice here

Here is the Roadster we did...We even did carbon on the wings and the rear diffusor.

I'd suggest doing satin. I had my 135i in 3M matte black and then just recently switched to the just released 3m Satin black. What a difference! The matte black is too chalky looking while the satin black is just gorgeous in my opinion. You will NOT regret satin black. Also, it's pretty easy to clean. You can just clean with water and a rag and not worry about scratching it. To get a real cleaning, you can use denatured alcohol or just soap.

Here is the matte black:

img_3916-1_w1023_h682.jpg

Here is the satin black

nhassler_tony1series_treated_08_w1023_h682.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg