Another Sad Day for the Lambo Community

Andrew R.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maryland. You guys met him a few years ago at the George Evans show in Columbus. Rossa Vik Murcielago roadster with creme interior. Older guy, but one of the few good ones.

I think I remember him and his Rosso Vik Murcielago Roadster, did he have issues with condensation in the headlights?

That's terrible news, may he rest in peace :(

Godspeed.

What a shock! Good memories meeting at Pocono a couple of times. RIP Charlie, condolences to the family.

Scotty, I cannot agree with you more.. Charlie was one heck of a guy.. met him in 2005 at Italian Cars at Pocono when has asked if he could check out my Diablo, explaining that he had been looking to get a roadster - about a year or so later he had his dark blue one. Charlie fit right into the lambo crew from the day I met him.. always helpful to anyone where he could be. This past April when you met Charlie and I at Applebees for lunch next to Evans Auto we had just dropped off my Miura - just two days before that I called Charlie to ask advice on the area the car was in, and which airport to fly into. Charlie explained that it was just a couple hours from him to and forget hiring a transport, he told me to fly into Baltimore airport, stay at his place for the night, the next morning we would take his truck and trailer to pick up the car, and take it where ever it needed to go. And that's what we did.. the guy didn't want to even take gas money, he loved spending time with cars and his car friends in his retirement.

Like many other things this year, another tragic loss.

As I am sure many of you feel.. our car friends often become extended family.

April2012.JPG

I think I remember him and his Rosso Vik Murcielago Roadster, did he have issues with condensation in the headlights?

The member you are thinking of is probably N5TM (or something like that) but iirc he had a rosso andromeda LP640 coupe.

Yes, Charlie Volpe was a great guy, he was a great customer over the years and a very dear friend. His wife Janie is also a great person, they would both come to the italian gathering charity show we put on every year and help us run the event. Our prayers are with him and all his friends and family. I am sure he is in a much better place now. george evans and company

Rip Charlie. This has been a fucked up year, I can only pray that next year will be better.

:iamwithstupid:

Really has for everyone it seems!!