Picking up my aventador next week!!! Sold LP-570 superleggera

Ventador

Hey guys just sold my LP570 and I am picking up my 2012 orange aventador next week!!!

Super excited to say the least but was sad to let go of the superleggera after having it for 1 year.

I wanted to sell the G before depreciation really gets nasty next year when the new gallardo replacement is announced.

Anyways I test drove the car for first time last week and car is a beast once it gets moving.

I did not notice the clunky auto modes and it could be because this car has software update or I am just used to driving a lambo and how much it hates first gear at low speeds.

Will post some pics of her next week when I take delivery.

Car is fully loaded with pretty much every option and came out to $426k.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys just sold my LP570 and I am picking up my 2012 orange aventador next week!!!

Super excited to say the least but was sad to let go of the superleggera after having it for 1 year.

I wanted to sell the G before depreciation really gets nasty next year when the new gallardo replacement is announced.

Anyways I test drove the car for first time last week and car is a beast once it gets moving.

I did not notice the clunky auto modes and it could be because this car has software update or I am just used to driving a lambo and how much it hates first gear at low speeds.

Will post some pics of her next week when I take delivery.

Car is fully loaded with pretty much every option and came out to $426k.

Wow! Glad to see it priced so nicely! Good to know they're finally coming down...

Yeah, I was driving mine tonight. Make sure you sift at high rpm's once its warmed up. In fact, I let it warm up in my drive way before I head out. It drives so much better when you shift when it wants to be shifted. 5,000 is the low. Enjoy!

Congrats on the purchase, man!! Can't wait to see some pictures! Knowing you bought a Lamborghini, I thought every option available would be $100K over the starting price. XD

Are you saying you shift into second gear from first around 5k rpm?

How long do you typically let car warm up until you drive it? I was told by my salesperson 1 minute but I wanted to make sure that was enough.

Guest Moss

After finally driving a black one a few weeks ago, I am sold. The Orange is stunning for sure. Congrats!

Yeah, I was driving mine tonight. Make sure you sift at high rpm's once its warmed up. In fact, I let it warm up in my drive way before I head out. It drives so much better when you shift when it wants to be shifted. 5,000 is the low. Enjoy!

I know with some cars your not supposed to let them warm up while being parked. Some require driving away as soon as it is started but to keep the revs low until the car has reached normal operating temps

Are you saying you shift into second gear from first around 5k rpm?

How long do you typically let car warm up until you drive it? I was told by my salesperson 1 minute but I wanted to make sure that was enough.

It depends on the weather / climate. Here in NJ it is cold in the winter. So, I let it warm a few minutes on cold days. I shift at around 5,000 rpm after the engine temperature is where it should be, which only takes a minute when the weather is warm. I never drive it aggressively until the car and tires are warmed up.

The point of my post is to tell you that you should drive in sport mode most of the time and as soon as the engine is warmed up, shift at higher rpm's and it you will find it drives better.

I know with some cars your not supposed to let them warm up while being parked. Some require driving away as soon as it is started but to keep the revs low until the car has reached normal operating temps

That makes no sense. If it is cold outside, you should let the car warm up. Especially before getting on it. There is never a time when running your car for a few minutes on a cold day before driving is bad for it. I keep the revs low till the engine temp is correct.

Congrats Again! You will enjoy the way the color changes in different lighting! Best of luck with it!

One good advice I got today was much like the superleggera car does not like 1st gear unless your punching it and I was told to drive it in sport mode even in low speeds traffic as strada mode gets confused at low speeds and starts to hiccup.

The quirky tranny in low speeds reminded me of the first gen SMG tranny from the E46 M3 where car gets confused on whether to go to second or not. Best thing is to up shift manually to second even in auto as quickly as possible during traffic stop and go situations.

One good advice I got today was much like the superleggera car does not like 1st gear unless your punching it and I was told to drive it in sport mode even in low speeds traffic as strada mode gets confused at low speeds and starts to hiccup.

The quirky tranny in low speeds reminded me of the first gen SMG tranny from the E46 M3 where car gets confused on whether to go to second or not. Best thing is to up shift manually to second even in auto as quickly as possible during traffic stop and go situations.

I always drive in sport or corsa. I do not agree with the shift in to second as quickly as possible. I have no problem with the Aventador in traffic using 1st (although I have spend very little time in traffic in it). The best thing you can do is not drive in places or at times when you will be in traffic. I have spent almost no time in traffic. I did not buy this car to be in those situations with it and I am glad that is not where it excels.

Enjoy!

Some of my tips:

When fueling, use the inside of the gas cap to guide the tip of the fuel hose away from the car to avoid drips on the car.

The brutal shifts people talk about occur when you are in corsa and are shifting at 8,000rpm while under full throttle. If you are driving in Corsa and you let off durning shifts it is more pleasant. It doesn't always have to be full on shifting. Corsa is a lot of fun on the highway. The car feels more connected to the driver. Try driving it in corsa when you want to have fun on the highways and spend some time getting to know the different feels you can get by shifting at different rpms and with different amounts of throttle. It is a whole world to explore with many different feels. Many owners who sold probably never spent the time getting to know how much there is to it and how much you can control it... which is where the fun is. :icon_thumleft:

I use 100 octance and despite advise on here, it definitely drives better on the higer test juice. You should try it.

You will be shocked how the Aventador feels like it is way more comfortable at 120 + miles per hour than it does at 40 mph. It is a race car chassis and suspension and like a race car it is designed to be driven fast and that is when it comes alive. I highly recommend highways and country roads! It is pure heaven. When you get it going and you feel how planted it is and how responsive the steering is at speed, it is amazing. You feel the road. When it is a good road, it feels amazing. When it is a bad road... find another road. :icon_super:

Get a Valentine V1 installed in the rearview mirror (a must) and some gopro's to relive your experiences later! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft: :monkeyleft: :king:

Some of my tips:

When fueling, use the inside of the gas cap to guide the tip of the fuel hose away from the car to avoid drips on the car.

Can you explain how this works? I have had similar issues with my LP570 as i dont want to get drips on paint and i would shake the tip inside the tank and ut my hand underneath to catch and drips.

Are you following the break in procedures and keeping it under 5-6k rpm until 600 miles?

Some of my tips:

Can you explain how this works? I have had similar issues with my LP570 as i dont want to get drips on paint and i would shake the tip inside the tank and ut my hand underneath to catch and drips.

Are you following the break in procedures and keeping it under 5-6k rpm until 600 miles?

The fuel cap on the Aventador and the 570 screws in but is not attached. I use the inside of it (so the part you would twist is in your palm). after trying to get rid of drips in the tank, as I carry it over the car I place the inside of the cap under the tip of fuel nozzle. Then any drips are caught by the screw on fuel tank lid. Good trick.

I kept it under 5,000rpm for the first 1,000 miles.

> [how to avoid fuel dripping on the car]

Where I live, gas stations have paper towel dispensers.

I have made it a habit to grab one right after getting out of the car...

I traded a 570 for an Aventador last year. I really miss the 570!! I found the transmission better in the 570 and it was more useable around town. Aventador is a great car to arrive anywhere in-- but is not as much a driver's car as the 570 IMHO. The orange is a tremendous color in person and you will always enjoy approaching the car in different lighting conditions as it will continually change shades/appearance. Enjoy that brutal acceleration!!!

I traded a 570 for an Aventador last year. I really miss the 570!! I found the transmission better in the 570 and it was more useable around town. Aventador is a great car to arrive anywhere in-- but is not as much a driver's car as the 570 IMHO. The orange is a tremendous color in person and you will always enjoy approaching the car in different lighting conditions as it will continually change shades/appearance. Enjoy that brutal acceleration!!!

I agree that the Aventador can feel less than grand. It takes time getting used to it and finding the sweet spots to get the most out of it. The 570, 458, MP4, are all easier to get them doing what you want and the 570 is more fun at first. But, there is a but...

When you get to know the 700 you will find it is hard to beat. Shifts feel faster and more exciting then any other car I have been in. It is unreal! I think a lot of the early resales were owners who either didn't see the potential to unlock the beast or didn't care to be challenged and just prefer something that was more easy to manage out of the gate. I can't fault them, especially since they were able to make a profit getting out of it. But when you get some miles in and really know the car, wow! :headbang:

RaginBull your enthusiasm is infectious :lol2:

I wouldn't worry about the guys who sold their Aventadors right after they bought them, they had a lot of incentive to do so, I wonder how many wouldn't dropped them as quickly at a loss :icon_mrgreen:

Granted I didn't have a lot of Aventador seat time, few hours, but I certainly see where Leadfoot is coming from I think guys who enjoy the 570 type of car aren't big fans of the full trim Aventador. The looks are out of this world but for me it felt like a large GT car, too soft at low speed around town, mental when pushed to the limit but the opportunities of doing so are extremely limited where I live.I think it comes down to where you live, the type of roads you are surrounded with and what style of driving you enjoy.

RaginBull your enthusiasm is infectious :lol2:

I wouldn't worry about the guys who sold their Aventadors right after they bought them, they had a lot of incentive to do so, I wonder how many wouldn't dropped them as quickly at a loss :icon_mrgreen:

Granted I didn't have a lot of Aventador seat time, few hours, but I certainly see where Leadfoot is coming from I think guys who enjoy the 570 type of car aren't big fans of the full trim Aventador. The looks are out of this world but for me it felt like a large GT car, too soft at low speed around town, mental when pushed to the limit but the opportunities of doing so are extremely limited where I live.I think it comes down to where you live, the type of roads you are surrounded with and what style of driving you enjoy.

LOL! I agree with your assessment. :icon_thumleft: