C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they were about as fast as an early Gallardo? I guess thats not too bad. Be nice if new one was an 11.8@122 car out the box. Was looking at some of the threads on the POS board like would you let your wife drive it and everyone acting like its some monster of a car. My wife would be like.. ya.. no thanks.

So they were about as fast as an early Gallardo? I guess thats not too bad. Be nice if new one was an 11.8@122 car out the box. Was looking at some of the threads on the POS board like would you let your wife drive it and everyone acting like its some monster of a car. My wife would be like.. ya.. no thanks.

:lol2:

I thought the same, the new car has a far more broad torque curve so it's probably real close if not faster than an early G-car.

Car and Driver 2004 Gallardo Acceleration Results (e-gear)

:lol2:

I thought the same, the new car has a far more broad torque curve so it's probably real close if not faster than an early G-car.

Car and Driver 2004 Gallardo Acceleration Results (e-gear)

I would expect the new car to be faster than an old first generation Gallardo. If it isn't that would be disappointing.

my wife drives my GTR and drove all my other high HP cars...

I think i read 118-119 in 1/4 -not all that quick.

EDIT:

found this on CF.

very interesting... looks like hp might be more like 480-490.. that should be good for 123 trap.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general...an-the-ls3.html

I would expect the new car to be faster than an old first generation Gallardo. If it isn't that would be disappointing.

They haven't disclosed the car's weight yet, but if it's within 50lbs. of the old car it should be right on it. 450/450 with the majority of that torque available from 2,000rpm points to it being nearly identical. I don't think it will beat it though, will still be a 118-120mph car (corrected) tops.

They haven't disclosed the car's weight yet, but if it's within 50lbs. of the old car it should be right on it. 450/450 with the majority of that torque available from 2,000rpm points to it being nearly identical. I don't think it will beat it though, will still be a 118-120mph car (corrected) tops.

Hopefully as VegasGtr pointed out it has closer to 500hp. I like these interior shots. Just needs the center console ashtray portion in carbon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hopefully as VegasGtr pointed out it has closer to 500hp. I like these interior shots. Just needs the center console ashtray portion in carbon.

To me for the first time the interior doesn't look like it was just thrown together out of parts from GM's other cars. It actually looks unique to the C7, just as we expect from the higher-dollar exotics...

Plus as vegasgtr illustrated, modding these low-end cars is just so cheap. $10k buys you a ton of hp, which is definitely a change from a "$30k bolt on TT package" for a G-car.

That center console is covered with the material GM puts over shitty plastic. Then the material (sticker) wears off, revealing the shitty plastic underneath.

That center console is covered with the material GM puts over shitty plastic. Then the material (sticker) wears off, revealing the shitty plastic underneath.

They stole that from Ferrari! :icon_mrgreen:

GM was quoted to say that with the interior of this car-"If it looks like Carbon Fiber-it is Carbon Fiber. If it looks like Aluminum-It is Aluminum."

So hopefully they were truthful in that. If they were, When the Z-0-6/Z07 comes out, the GT-R market may have some VERY direct competition. Especially if they offer a Manual and DCT transmission for it.

GM was quoted to say that with the interior of this car-"If it looks like Carbon Fiber-it is Carbon Fiber. If it looks like Aluminum-It is Aluminum."

So hopefully they were truthful in that.

They were, whiteout just isn't a fan of the C7 yet.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it comes to our beloved POS plastic-mess. For all we know you start the C7 up and the wheels fall off, the fiberglass flies into 1000x pieces, and the transmission explodes. At this point none of the haters OR fanboys are wrong about anything, plus as we learned with the recent Viper launch, this car could easily disappoint.

Just one of many causes for concern is that it's Chevy's very first attempt at an electric steering system, which is something even Porsche can't get right...

Still fun to see this mini-breakthrough happening though. It's like a Special Olympian challenged Usian Bolt to a 100M race and Bolt's response is "aww, how cute, sure kid"...and the kid nearly beats him. :icon_mrgreen:

We expected nothing and they seem to have really surprised most of us by overdelivering in the style/looks department. We'll see if it holds up as the months pass and people get to drive them.

So hopefully they were truthful in that. If they were, When the Z-0-6/Z07 comes out, the GT-R market may have some VERY direct competition. Especially if they offer a Manual and DCT transmission for it.

Not the carbon on the dash, but the center console that's a matte finish. It's been on GM vehicles since at least '07 and wears off fairly quickly. Below it is usually glossy black plastic (think C4 Corvette center console).

With GTR constantly being tweaked from the factory, 991 Turbo, Viper, and Z0h6, that segment is going to continue to be very interesting.

They were, whiteout just isn't a fan of the C7 yet.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it comes to our beloved POS plastic-mess. For all we know you start the C7 up and the wheels fall off, the fiberglass flies into 1000x pieces, and the transmission explodes. At this point none of the haters OR fanboys are wrong about anything, plus as we learned with the recent Viper launch, this car could easily disappoint.

Just one of many causes for concern is that it's Chevy's very first attempt at an electric steering system, which is something even Porsche can't get right...

Still fun to see this mini-breakthrough happening though. It's like a Special Olympian challenged Usian Bolt to a 100M race and Bolt's response is "aww, how cute, sure kid"...and the kid nearly beats him. :icon_mrgreen:

We expected nothing and they seem to have really surprised most of us by overdelivering in the style/looks department. We'll see if it holds up as the months pass and people get to drive them.

I'm not saying anything negative about quality of mechanical aspects or performance; two things that GM has down for the Corvette. This is clearly going to be the best bang for the buck new car under $100k. I just think that the entire car is very ugly.

Guest Dereiter

The new Corvette deserves an award of the greatest car 2013 among sport cars!