C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually find the whole design to be very good looking. I'm praying that the overall package, including the performance, is stellar. Oh, and that crash looks pretty awful...

Rumors of 600 hp C7 Zed-06 http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-next-gen...l#axzz2LNXZluya

The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is finally here and it’s a significant update, but it’s just the first step. We’re already hearing whispers from the Warren plan about the next Plastic mess-06 and ZR1.

Word is, the next Plastic mess-06 will keep its monster naturally aspirated 7.0-liter engine, but with even more power. In fact, we hear it could jump from today’s 505 hp to as high as 600. The decision won’t be made, though, until they get the final number for the next ZR1’s supercharged V-8. That engine, we’re told, will be an evolution of the new LT1 V-8 in the base C7. We can only hope it will revive the LT5 moniker of the original ZR-1’s engine. The 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is shown at right.

The Plastic mess-06/ZR1 output logic basically works like this: If the ZR1 makes 675 hp or so, the Plastic mess-06 will get 550. If the ZR1 cracks 700 hp, the Plastic mess-06 will crack 600. Anyone who knows GM knows how this works: The top-dog Corvette will always be protected, even from its own variants.

The Corvette team has so far refused to comment on the next Plastic mess-06 and ZR1, but we’re told the first variant, likely the Plastic mess-06, is at least a year out so as not to trample on the base car.

Was thinking today how funny it was that all my enthusiasm for this car is all but gone..

:iamwithstupid:

They need to get them in the hands of the auto rags for testing ASAP!

Was thinking today how funny it was that all my enthusiasm for this car is all but gone..

I can't believe I am about to say this....but me too! :eusa_think:

It's strange, but I was thinking yesterday that most of our enthusiasm has faded because Chevy should have launched the Z07 version simutaneously with the base car.

There's no reason not to honestly as the two models are priced far enough apart that they don't cannibalize each other at all.

And honestly with 997TT prices falling below $70k now for clean cars with low low miles it's a REAL tough sell for most enthusiasts to opt for a Stingray.

And honestly with 997TT prices falling below $70k now for clean cars with low low miles it's a REAL tough sell for most enthusiasts to opt for a Stingray.

What? Where? Serious?

None of those have low miles.

I missed out on the part where he said low miles. 27,000 miles really isn't that bad but I'm not a big fan of the color combo.

Did a quick ebay search and this is the closest I could get but I'm betting that it will sell for a bit more than $70,000. To get a 911 Turbo for 70k or less you are just going to have to get one with around 40 thousand or more miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAKE-OFFER-...=item27cfd7efcb

The point is, by the time the Stingray is delivered there will be plenty of alternatives that most of us would find more appealing due to either more hp, better status, etc.

If they had done the Z07 early, a lot of us would be tempted regardless of alternatives, particularly if they deliver it with the rumored 600hp.

The point is, by the time the Stingray is delivered there will be plenty of alternatives that most of us would find more appealing due to either more hp, better status, etc.

If they had done the Z07 early, a lot of us would be tempted regardless of alternatives, particularly if they deliver it with the rumored 600hp.

I'd go 997.2tt>zo7>997.1tt

None of those have low miles.

There was a cobalt blue/tan 2008 997 6 speed Cab TT at the dealership where i bought my wife's car with 19,500 miles that without much haggling they would have offered at $78,000. I would figure a year older and a coupe should be worth 8-10k less. Under 10k mile cars maybe mid to high 70k range? I dont know that market that well, so these are all assumptions other than the blue car...

• 2 months later...

Saw the new C7 in person Saturday @ the track. It looks surprisingly good! Seeing it in person changed my opinion for sure. Dark wheels, in blue - you got me!

post-6125-1368448034_thumb.jpg

Is it me, or they are moving PAINSTAKINGLY slow to get more coverage on this car?