C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

For the amount of cars they know they will sell you would think they would strive for something great. At least the new Viper looks amazing. This is terrible. If I was in the market for a new American sports car I would definitely go Viper over V E T T E in 2013.

Totally agree! The new viper over the POS any day.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait to see the real thing. I don't care about any renderings or so called "real" photos. Once the car comes out and I actually see it, then I can be concrete with my opinion. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

-------------

Rear is definitely a mix of F12 + Camaro.

Doesn't look too bad. Everyone loves to hate on the 'POS!

Rear end makes me not take it seriously. What were they thinking? The rear end looks like they were trying to be GTR-ish and the front end looks very 2013 Viper-ish imho. Confusing design. The front and the rear dont look like it would come from the same car.

I certainly agree on the rear end and the front end being rather Viper-ish. I'll hold my extended judgement regarding the interior (since there's not really THAT much to base it off of), but I think the side-view is the best attribute to the car. Personally, the only GTR-characteristic I see is the vent.

The Cor v ette is a really fast and good looking car for the money, and I bet if they gave it a half decent interior it would sell well around the world not just in the US. Except for the latest Cadillacs most american cars lack on interior quality. Hopefully it will be good, and they make some marked improvements to the interior compared to the current generation car.

I'm sure I will pick one up in Z form when that comes out. Will be a fun car with a manual transmission to bash around.

Wow there is a lot of GTR in that design, didn't see it until our members pointed it out. Unbelievable really.

And as the front of the C6 was "inspired" the Ferrari 360 according to Chevy's own design people, the C7 is obviously "inspired" by the 599. No doubt about it.

You are right. I think both the Viper and the new GTRvette fronts seem to be inspired by Ferrari's. Maybe thats why I see similar characteristics in both designs.

The Cor v ette is a really fast and good looking car for the money, and I bet if they gave it a half decent interior it would sell well around the world not just in the US. Except for the latest Cadillacs most american cars lack on interior quality. Hopefully it will be good, and they make some marked improvements to the interior compared to the current generation car.

I remember reading somewhere that their benchmark for interior quality was Audi. We'll see how close they can come.

I cant wait to see the real thing. I don't care about any renderings or so called "real" photos. Once the car comes out and I actually see it, then I can be concrete with my opinion. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.

+1

it will look great in the Plastic mess-06 format. A few people saw it live and said it looks amazing in real life.

the car will weight 3000lbs !! and if the Plastic mess-06 makes 550-600hp ..this thing will go mid 10s all day. Zr1 will most likely have 700hp and possible run 9.9s out of the box if they keep the weight at around 3100lbs.

+1

it will look great in the Plastic mess-06 format. A few people saw it live and said it looks amazing in real life.

the car will weight 3000lbs !! and if the Plastic mess-06 makes 550-600hp ..this thing will go mid 10s all day. Zr1 will most likely have 700hp and possible run 9.9s out of the box if they keep the weight at around 3100lbs.

How do we know this? We just have some leaked renderings and all of a sudden we're skip forward 2 formats for the ZR1 and it's running 9s? Sorry, I just watched The Hobbit, that had enough fantasy in it for me!

edit: not to say I don't agree that I will hold judgment until the official pics are released

How do we know this? We just have some leaked renderings and all of a sudden we're skip forward 2 formats for the ZR1 and it's running 9s? Sorry, I just watched The Hobbit, that had enough fantasy in it for me!

edit: not to say I don't agree that I will hold judgment until the official pics are released

:iamwithstupid:

We know jack shit, and extrapolating ridiculously optimistic times, or ludicrously false curb weights from the little that's known about the car is foolish. And Z-O-7 and Zr-1 versions are years away (2+).

Again, "cautiously optimistic" about the BASE car is all anyone can be at this point.

We'll see what it is and what it can do, and if it's a massive letdown, when it gets tested by third parties months from now. For now it's a somewhat compelling story worth watching. Nothing more.

Well - a 3340lbs Zr1 with 638hp on oem tires has gone 10.4s on DR's 10.2s... Plastic mess-06's have gone 10.7s -10.9s OEM tires- mind you this is with a very good driver.

I see no reason why a C7 Zr1 with 700HP(one would assume a 60hp jump) + less weight would dip into the 9's with a VERY good driver. I have no doubt they will be coming for the Viper hard..

Its just my opinion of course.

I think it will look great , even with those camaro like tail lights..

post-51915-1356490798_thumb.jpg

post-51915-1356490832_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually giving serious consideration to getting one. Not sure '13 or a '12. It's a great car for the money and would make a great beater. So many tuning options for relatively little money. We'll see.......

i cant wait to see what this will look like. im very curious. 13.1.13 :)

i will not be selling my Red Baron, but might be looking at the Z07 or ZR1 C7 when it comes out.

I can't wait to see what they have up thier sleeves for hte C7-Z.06 / ZR1. I am sure they will be some serious contenders!!

All this hate from the same group that was ready to write the Aventador off at this same stage. The vibe has certainly changed on that car since. It certainly looks miles better than the outgoing model in those renderings.

I don't know how to feel about the front, and overall lines, reminds me too much of a Camaro, I like he rear, overall, for the price, it's a pretty cool car, I like it better than the new Viper.

I hope they will get the interior right.