C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only two concerns atm:

First, Chevy has already told journalists previously when they did the rounds about the car's new engine a few months back that the Z-O-6/7 variant of the C7 isn't going to be following the base car as closely as it did with the C6.

They haven't revealed the exact timeline, the best guess based on what was said on the record points to the following schedule:

1. Base - MY2014

2. Grand Sport / Convertibles - MY2015

3. Plastic mess-06/ZO7 - MY2016

4. ZR-1 - MY2017

So any of us expecting to have a short wait for the juicy versions of the car are possibly in for a wait. Plus there's also some sort of "Stingray" edition that needs to fit in that list somewhere, which is apparantly their fuel-ecomomy/cheaper version of the car (V6TT? someone with more C7 knowledge needs to chime in).

Second, we had this same enthusiasm about the new SRT Viper, and now both Motor Trend and Car and Driver have absolutely savaged it. The seats are "torture devices" the interior is sub-par for the $120,000+ price tag, and it doesn't outperform the outgoing C6 car in terms of the numbers.

In other words, it didn't live up to the excitement.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the C7, it really does look great so far, but am tempering that excitement with the knowlege that the high-HP variants are further away than it seems like right now pre-launch.

Maybe I get one of these as a daily driver with the Flying Spur?

Well the other problem is that the price increase is expected to be "9%" versus MY2013 cars.

So say down the road for a Plastic mess-06/7, which today is a $82,250 car with the common 2LZ option pack, if that even goes up by 5-7% for the C7 you're looking at $86k at a minimum, and possibly as much as 90k at the maximum before taxes and licensing.

And for that price we're into a nice low-mileage 2008 997 TT, or maybe even a 2010 997.2 TT by that point, which makes the C7 Plastic mess-06/7 thought somewhat less appealing.

The base C7 with the similar 2LT package is likely going to be $60-63k, which is obviously better in terms of value of course, but it's not a Plastic mess-06/7...

Well the other problem is that the price increase is expected to be "9%" versus MY2013 cars.

So say down the road for a Plastic mess-06/7, which today is a $82,250 car with the common 2LZ option pack, if that even goes up by 5-7% for the C7 you're looking at $86k at a minimum, and possibly as much as 90k at the maximum before taxes and licensing.

And for that price we're into a nice low-mileage 2008 997 TT, or maybe even a 2010 997.2 TT by that point, which makes the C7 Plastic mess-06/7 thought somewhat less appealing.

The base C7 with the similar 2LT package is likely going to be $60-63k, which is obviously better in terms of value of course, but it's not a Plastic mess-06/7...

I would just get the reg one, as I dont want a manual transmission..

There's only 8 cylinders. You wouldn't know where the missing 4 are.

This is where they missed a huge opportunity by not having a DCT. Especially with the new Viper not having one.

This is where they missed a huge opportunity by not having a DCT. Especially with the new Viper not having one.

DCT and Id prob get one forsure..

I think this thread needs a title change, the new POS is quite far from being hideous.

Done! :icon_mrgreen:

10 X more excited for this than the Viper..

That Road and track issue is looking good but I can see the head rest already look similar to the puffy shit leather seats in the C6.

Nah, this spy photo was taken of the seats, they'll be awesome.

post-5348-1358003897_thumb.jpg

I'm just a little afraid that they're going to go so far in the opposite direction with the interior that it's too much. They've been criticized endlessly over the years for the horrible fit/finish/materials that it might end up being like the new Viper. Looks good, but the seats are rock hard and terrible.

I have high hopes for the Plastic mess-06 version or whatever it's going to be called. I love high hp rwd manual transmission n/a american cars.

I have high hopes for the Plastic mess-06 version or whatever it's going to be called. I love high hp rwd manual transmission n/a american cars.

first leak.. OH and I propose a deal for the MOD on this forum.

IF the car turns out to be bad ass.. the mods should remove the AUTO "POS" correction back to Z-0-6

EDITED: Stop posting older and less accurate render shots when there are now more accurate newer images of the car already in the thread vegasgtr, you noob. - Management

first leak.. OH and I propose a deal for the MOD on this forum.

IF the car turns out to be bad ass.. the mods should remove the AUTO "POS" correction back to Z-0-6

That's a really old rendering...

So is the official debut tomorrow?

Yup...7pm EST

http://www.chevrolet.com/one13thirteen.html

https://www.facebook.com/corvette?fref=ts

The newer pics do look better to me then the early renderings.

Interesting, as noted above, that USA might have a lock on the high HP stick shift market. The last man standing other than Porsche.