C7 Cor-POS leaked...

MHaynes772

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that leftover 2013s will be dirt cheap after tommorow.

:iamwithstupid:

They were giving them away even prior, some of the POS boards have been talking about getting as high as -$11k off MSRP on their 2013 base cars.

Chevy must be giving dealers massive incentives on them to clear stock.

I would imagine that leftover 2013s will be dirt cheap after tommorow.

It was dirt cheap when I got it. They're already trying to unload 2013 stock and they had the lowest sales in years. Plus $4,000 in incentives

So the base model is now the Stingray? Comes with Brembos and all of the vents are actually functional? Looks pretty good so far. Interior looks decent, but of course those are just drawings. Curious to see the fit/finish of the cabin.

lol @ Road & Track having to use horrible scketches that look like a high-schooler "who can draw" created them.

If you're going to obey the GM embargo and sign NDAs at least make them throw you a bone...

I like it so far but there is too much going on in that interior, a lot of car for the money, in particular when you consider that Lambo here wants $30k for carbon brakes and $15k for carbon rear wing :icon_mrgreen:

Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing blatant rip-offs in the design process. GT-R all over the place, mixed with the new Viper... From the side profile, a drunk man (which I am soon to be) would think this were a GT-R. Look at the cross vents behind the front wheels, the sloping roof, the rake of the windshield, and parts of the rear (towards the bottom).

This thing looks like a pile of trash. The Viper looks much better IMO. I would be hesitant to take either one - but if I had to pick, it'd be the Viper.

I've probably read 1,000 comments saying that it's a rip off of the new Viper. It's not like they just came up with this design last week.

It's such a cluelessly uninformed opinion, because Jalopnik leaked the EXACT full C7 design in November of 2011...meaning it was long done by that point already, and the also-in-development Viper at the time clearly had no possible influence.

Sour grapes most likely, particularly because the new Viper is a bit of a bust.

I've probably read 1,000 comments saying that it's a rip off of the new Viper. It's not like they just came up with this design last week.

Exactly my thoughts, some designs are years in the making.

Someone copied someone here.. I have a hard time believing they BOTH reached the same conclusions here. At least you have to acknowledge they stole from the GT-R...

Someone copied someone here.. I have a hard time believing they BOTH reached the same conclusions here. At least you have to acknowledge they stole from the GT-R...

GT-R yes, Viper no.

And fyi, everyone is "inspired" by everyone. As I've already said in this thread, Chevy has admitted to admiring and using Ferrari as a foundation for the POS previously. All designers take from each other.

Sour grapes.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that most of the high end, high hp, front engine cars are starting to look very similar. The same CFD software, and regulations will do that.

Gonna be a wonderful track toy.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that most of the high end, high hp, front engine cars are starting to look very similar. The same CFD software, and regulations will do that.

Gonna be a wonderful track toy.

Exactly. Golf equipment went through the same progression, now every driver looks like every other driver because at the end of the day the math points to one "best" design in terms of aero.

I remember watching the Barrett Jackson auction a few years ago and GM was selling an F430 that they used and "studied." That right there tells you everything you need to know.

When was the last time a POS came out that it was a truly original design? 80' S MAYBE?

And truthfully, I wouldn't discount the viper just yet. Let them get into customer hands with some less shifty tires and I'm betting they grow some teeth.

I'm sure in person it will please the eye, however, in (these) photos all the angles appear disjointed and do not mesh as one design. The roof line, the curved line of fender meeting the A pillar juxtaposed with all the vent/fender/ door lines all draw the eye in different directions.

Holding out hope that GM has fooled everyone and something different is hiding under the sheet!