Hey D. Wiggs...

Kisco

I must say, I am impressed with the sound of this 560 exhaust. Any more info on it? Pics? Price? Dyno? Weight savings over stock? etc.

Also, which wheels are these?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man!

Here is a pic of it during final mock-up...

This EXACT exhaust will be for sale (either in polished or black) as the car shown here is getting a Level 4 TT package this winter and the exhaust will obviously be changed. I will PM you the price.

This exhaust, as you can see, has two fake tips to mimic the stock look.

Our Dyno will be up and running shortly after we re-open on 1/2 and I will get you a Dyno result.

I will also weigh the two systems but a safe guess would be about 100lbs. lighter.

And wheels are ADV.1 in 20" and Matte black.

100lbs lighter is a little much but there are no cats then it could be above 60lbs lost.

I'll weigh it so we have exact numbers but each cat weighs about 15lbs. Thats 30lbs. in cats alone. Those mufflers are boat anchors. SP posted a pic of a Murci one that weighed 99lbs. without ANY cats.

I'd say 100lbs. is pretty close.

I'll weigh it so we have exact numbers but each cat weighs about 15lbs. Thats 30lbs. in cats alone. Those mufflers are boat anchors. SP posted a pic of a Murci one that weighed 99lbs. without ANY cats.

I'd say 100lbs. is pretty close.

i got my money on 60-70lbs lighter, ours is 45 and is pretty straight through.

Nice to see Wiggs getting some love on the board for a change!

:icon_thumleft:

Car does sounds wicked too! I don't know how I missed that video on Matt's page. The 2yo said Lamborghini today for the first time while watching DoctaM3 race his Aventador around the airport on repeat. He also pointed to the video Alan posted of the Countach Drag Race and said Lamborghini.

He is hooked. Now I just need to work on "Ferrari Fag" anytime he sees a 458. ;)

Wiggs - did you change the headers?

Not on this application; on the TT exhaust, yes.

How's the SV coming along? Do we have an ETA yet?

Been mechanically done for some time. We've been through hell with Cosworth being for sale and Pectel basically being gutted from within and the employees starting their own company (a la Origin PC from Alienware). Instead, we have a brand new ECU and developer's license of which we are 1 of 2 or 3 companies in North America to have. Much more work but definitely worth it. Simultaneously, our dyno is being set up in our temporary shop. it's bolted down and together. Just have to do the air, hydraulic, and electronics and it will be operational. the 4-post lift will be completely installed Tuesday when we re-open. The only hold-up now is just scheduling the tech to come out and 'demonstrate' the ECU to us and help de-bug, etc. It won't be very long now. The extra time and attention to detail has paid huge dividends!

I'll get some good pics to post up.

Nice to see Wiggs getting some love on the board for a change!

:icon_thumleft:

Car does sounds wicked too! I don't know how I missed that video on Matt's page. The 2yo said Lamborghini today for the first time while watching DoctaM3 race his Aventador around the airport on repeat. He also pointed to the video Alan posted of the Countach Drag Race and said Lamborghini.

He is hooked. Now I just need to work on "Ferrari Fag" anytime he sees a 458. ;)

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_super:

How's the SV coming along? Do we have an ETA yet?

Let's not turn this thread into a pissing match, please. I am sure it's not your intention to, but a question like that is sure to stir the pot a little. Let's keep this discussion about this LP560 exhaust.

Mods, if you want to move this to Gallardo section, go ahead. It probably should have been there in the first place.

Let's not turn this thread into a pissing match, please. I am sure it's not your intention to, but a question like that is sure to stir the pot a little. Let's keep this discussion about this LP560 exhaust.

Mods, if you want to move this to Gallardo section, go ahead. It probably should have been there in the first place.

:iamwithstupid:

Not on this application; on the TT exhaust, yes.

If you didn't change the headers, you still have the two primary cats on there as they are part of the header, and not a separate piece.

There is a secondary cat that is inside of the exhaust box.

I'm also guessing that if you didn't change the headers, and only did the exhaust box, that you probably only lost ~50 lbs. I feel like the stock exhaust weighed ~80 lbs. Your pipes, as simple as they are, probably weigh in ~25-30lbs.

It's still a good savings, and it sounds good!

Yes, def not a 100lb savings... Gallardo exhaust is NOTHING like a Murci or Diablo exhaust. Gallardo sounds good though.

Stock Gallardo exhaust weighs around 76 pounds....SPE weighed mine.

If you didn't change the headers, you still have the two primary cats on there as they are part of the header, and not a separate piece.

There is a secondary cat that is inside of the exhaust box.

I'm also guessing that if you didn't change the headers, and only did the exhaust box, that you probably only lost ~50 lbs. I feel like the stock exhaust weighed ~80 lbs. Your pipes, as simple as they are, probably weigh in ~25-30lbs.

It's still a good savings, and it sounds good!

That's correct. And for the reasons you just explained, we didn't bother doing that on the NA version of the exhaust since it was only for his use this Fall before the TT build.

Thanks! We'll see just how much savings shortly!

Yes, def not a 100lb savings... Gallardo exhaust is NOTHING like a Murci or Diablo exhaust. Gallardo sounds good though.

Thanks. I thought they were very similar in weight. Either way, definitely lighter than stock!

Stock Gallardo exhaust weighs around 76 pounds....SPE weighed mine.

Good to know. So figure 106lbs. removed, ~25lbs. put back on for a total saving of ~81lbs. New headers would get that over 100lbs. :icon_thumleft:

That's correct. And for the reasons you just explained, we didn't bother doing that on the NA version of the exhaust since it was only for his use this Fall before the TT build.

Thanks! We'll see just how much savings shortly!

Thanks. I thought they were very similar in weight. Either way, definitely lighter than stock!

Good to know. So figure 106lbs. removed, ~25lbs. put back on for a total saving of ~81lbs. New headers would get that over 100lbs. :icon_thumleft:

LOL... I LOVE YOUR MATH FIGURES.... 2+2= 98

My fault, really didn't intend for it to turn into that. I was just wondering! :icon_thumleft:

My fault, really didn't intend for it to turn into that. I was just wondering! :icon_thumleft:

No worries, brother..=)

I am looking forward to seeing some numbers for this exhaust.

1002732[/url]']

Any numbers for us yet Wiggs?

If not how about a better sounding clip of the exhaust!!!

Weighed the stock exhaust and its 64 pounds; had no idea it was actually that much lighter than the murci's!

Since we don't have our exhaust off of the car yet as we're doing dyno numbers with it next week, we weighed all of the raw material used to get an idea. It weighed in at 16lbs. So, I will have confirmation soon but figure with tips, it'll be around 18 total.

Another 20-25lbs will be off when the headers are redesigned.