New year, new plans..

Kisco

You must've been watching Seinfeld when you made this decision!...you know, the episode when George Costanza decides to do the "opposite" of what he normally does and starts winning from there. :lol2:

Love your approach...going the more conservative TT setup that will still be faster than anything around. That car will be fun!

I mean, come on, the only time you need 5,000 whp is if you do those runway/mile events or if you're some crazy/insane Russian or something (lol!)...or if you live in Houston....lmao! (I'm just gonna guess that none of those cases apply to you :icon_mrgreen: )

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must've been watching Seinfeld when you made this decision!...you know, the episode when George Costanza decides to do the "opposite" of what he normally does and starts winning from there. :lol2:

Love your approach...going the more conservative TT setup that will still be faster than anything around. That car will be fun!

I mean, come on, the only time you need 5,000 whp is if you do those runway/mile events or if you're some crazy/insane Russian or something (lol!)...or if you live in Houston....lmao! (I'm just gonna guess that none of those cases apply to you :icon_mrgreen: )

I actually never watched a single episode of Seinfeld in my life, I just hear about it. lol..

I am fairly certain I will be happy with the power levels of this car. I will be sure to stick a vbox in it and get some 60-130 times on pump and race gas to see where it's at. I am assuming mid 5s on pump and mid-high 4s on race.

:icon_thumleft:

Blame it all on "Murcie612". He made me do it. =)

Hope all is well, Raj.

Raj, I dont know what he is talking about, I told him to sell the car and buy a family car lol

Fadi, you know this was the right thing to do. Its just money, live it up and enjoy yourself borther. :icon_thumleft:

Raj, I dont know what he is talking about, I told him to sell the car and buy a family car lol

Fadi, you know this was the right thing to do. Its just money, live it up and enjoy yourself borther. :icon_thumleft:

You got it, brother. I am very excited to get this car back and be part of the UGR team... :icon_thumleft:

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Congrats Fadi, I now wonder how many members on this board went with UR? :unsure:

Congrats Fadi, I now wonder how many members on this board went with UR? :unsure:

Thanks, SP. I am sure there are plenty..=)

The experience with Kevin has already been great over the phone and I have yet to send him the car.

Oh, and the car ships out tomorrow!! :icon_mrgreen:

Fadi, Congrats on the decision to TT. I have followed your for sale threads with interest since our cars are so similar. It was very disheartening to read about the low ball offers, and I'm happy that you've decided to keep it and make it a whole new car!

I look forward to seeing the result, and if I get to Michigan would love to see it in person (and if you come to Pittsburgh please let me know)!!

Fadi, Congrats on the decision to TT. I have followed your for sale threads with interest since our cars are so similar. It was very disheartening to read about the low ball offers, and I'm happy that you've decided to keep it and make it a whole new car!

I look forward to seeing the result, and if I get to Michigan would love to see it in person (and if you come to Pittsburgh please let me know)!!

Carol, thanks! You are more than welcome to pilot this thing if you are ever in the area. Just let me know..=)

I actually never watched a single episode of Seinfeld in my life, I just hear about it. lol..

I am fairly certain I will be happy with the power levels of this car. I will be sure to stick a vbox in it and get some 60-130 times on pump and race gas to see where it's at. I am assuming mid 5s on pump and mid-high 4s on race.

Hard to say what it will run in the 60-130mph but I believe I've gone 5.2seconds on 6-7lbs pump gas tune, on a low compression built motor in my car no problem. So now you have a goal, 5.2 seconds or back to UGR :)

which by the way is crazy fast!

Good choice Brotha! Hope its a blast

Thanks Rob!

Hard to say what it will run in the 60-130mph but I believe I've gone 5.2seconds on 6-7lbs pump gas tune, on a low compression built motor in my car no problem. So now you have a goal, 5.2 seconds or back to UGR :)

which by the way is crazy fast!

Lambofan, which set-up do you currently have?

How much power were you making when you went the 5.2?

Is it ready yet :)

Has anyone weighed their LP560? Interested in the weight. Every time I see a magazine or something it ranges from 3300 to 3650.

I weighed the R8 and it was right at 3625 with a quarter tank of gas. Kind of light but not really when my 250lb self is in there haha. @#$%^@#

my old bolt on car did 5.4 on ms109 @ ~740 awhp on a level road...

Thanks Rob!

Has anyone weighed their LP560? Interested in the weight. Every time I see a magazine or something it ranges from 3300 to 3650.

I weighed the R8 and it was right at 3625 with a quarter tank of gas. Kind of light but not really when my 250lb self is in there haha. @#$%^@#

D. Wiggs had a topic started on weighing his SV and eventually their Performante. I found the SV thread but I can't find the Performante thread.

my old bolt on car did 5.4 on ms109 @ ~740 awhp on a level road...

Your old car was an e-gear in a non LP car IIRC, so in theory a 560 should go faster with the same amount of power, unless the older cars weighed less which I am not sure about.

I weighed my car and with a 1/4 tank of gas, it came in at 3520. So with me in it, I am looking at close to 3720 lbs. That's before the added TT kit. Our cars are not light.

Definitely a good choice. I think you'll be much happier this way. My car has the R package on it and I can tell you that it's tough to find a time to properly use the power. The bolt-on kit should be plenty fun.

Definitely a good choice. I think you'll be much happier this way. My car has the R package on it and I can tell you that it's tough to find a time to properly use the power. The bolt-on kit should be plenty fun.

Thanks medici78. I can only imagine what double the HP of my car would feel like.. :shock:

Your old car was an e-gear in a non LP car IIRC, so in theory a 560 should go faster with the same amount of power, unless the older cars weighed less which I am not sure about.

I weighed my car and with a 1/4 tank of gas, it came in at 3520. So with me in it, I am looking at close to 3720 lbs. That's before the added TT kit. Our cars are not light.

I am not too far off in the weight department then. You will lose weight when they take out the exhaust. I dont think the car will gain that much over all weight with the turbos. Do they put in better fuel pumps on the bolt on kits?

I am not too far off in the weight department then. You will lose weight when they take out the exhaust. I dont think the car will gain that much over all weight with the turbos. Do they put in better fuel pumps on the bolt on kits?

Ya, you are right about the exhuast.

I am not sure about the fuel pumps. I believe the fuel pumps stay stock, but not 100% certain.

Thanks medici78. I can only imagine what double the HP of my car would feel like.. :shock:

That's the beauty of the 1.5 kit. If you get bored you can just have it built.

2006 SE E-Gear UGR Stage 3 in a pretty light car, lighter than a Superleggera. Lots of Carbon Fiber :)

It was on a pump gas tune and low boost which is set at like 6-7lbs, no idea on what HP this is. I believe I have the Motec datalogs and VBOX data but never really bothered to overlay as this was just an easy 1 gear change pull.

Most of the magazines will vary because of the factory CURB weight which is like a magic potion. Some people believe in it, but I like many others with first hand experience don't. I believe the guys who actually fill the gas tank up and drive it up on a scale the way it sits. Not some silly factory rating with no fluids or options on the car.

My car with a full gas tank, UGR TT kit, full street car with lots of stuff made out of carbon (fenders, bumpers, hatch, wing, seats, etc...) Should weigh under 3550.

I weighted it at 3560lbs and then dropped I believe another 30lbs or so I'll have to check it again. Excluding an 04 with bare options, I don't think there is any way to get a TT Gallardo under 3500lbs full of fuel. This applies to a 2008 Superleggera without doing something drastic that makes it not a street car anymore. The LP cars may be different but at the most 50lbs would be my guess plus or minus.

The TT kit should add some weight based on my research. Think turbos, intercoolers, lines, lots of fluids too. Probably adds 75-100lbs compared to a factory exhaust Gallardo.

D. Wiggs had a topic started on weighing his SV and eventually their Performante. I found the SV thread but I can't find the Performante thread.

I don't remember seeing any weight for the performante but I do recall seeing the SV. I don't recall D.Wiggs posting a car turn key weight with full of fluids for us to see how it will really be when it hits the road. He did give some estimates and rough numbers but I'd like to see a picture of the corner balance scales to know for sure.

The only thing about sending it to UGR is you cannot just stop by and watch them build the car. I am sure they would let you if you wanted but who has time to travel that far haha. I love how ###### is down the street from me and I can just stop by when ever. I just walk right in the back and talk to the fab guys.

The turbos are a lot heavier than I thought! They are pretty heavy! The exhaust piping is very light. My stock exhaust was super heavy and so was my aftermarket even though the aftermarket was lighter than the stock. The intercooler and water tank really are not that heavy. It is pretty amazing to see them fabricate everything from start to finish.

I really wish someone would do a in depth documentary on one of these builds. I am a huge nerd for those kinds of things.

The good thing about leaving the engine stock for now is the turbos wheel spool a little faster. I believe you will be at 6 or 7lbs of boost around 4,000 RPM.

That's the beauty of the 1.5 kit. If you get bored you can just have it built.

Exactly.

2006 SE E-Gear UGR Stage 3 in a pretty light car, lighter than a Superleggera. Lots of Carbon Fiber :)

Ohhhh, Aaron's old car? VERY nice! That is the baddest looking Gallardo on the planet! Enjoy it man.

I really wish someone would do a in depth documentary on one of these builds. I am a huge nerd for those kinds of things.

Keep an eye out on this thread, I will be posting all the pics I get from Kevin in here.

Ohhhh, Aaron's old car? VERY nice! That is the baddest looking Gallardo on the planet! Enjoy it man.

Keep an eye out on this thread, I will be posting all the pics I get from Kevin in here.

:icon_thumleft: So funny how VBOX had it for like 2 minutes and everyone remembers it with him. It was the Grand Master PEAK was the one who actually commissioned it, lol. I've done a lot to the car since both of them and its back at UGR again getting some more small upgrades :icon_super: