New year, new plans..

Kisco

Keep an eye out on this thread, I will be posting all the pics I get from Kevin in here.

I was looking at your car thinking about it being TT and then BAM you posted this thread. Its honestly going to be easier to sell if you ever wanted to down the road and you get to whip it around and have fun with it!

Look at Roy's Lp560 bolt on TT Heffner car, it sold in like 3 hours last week before he even listed it on his sight. He said it was "incoming" and had like 1 picture, I called him and he was like it sold a couple hours ago. He got good money for it. A TT LP560 is highly sought after!

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at your car thinking about it being TT and then BAM you posted this thread. Its honestly going to be easier to sell if you ever wanted to down the road and you get to whip it around and have fun with it!

Look at Roy's Lp560 bolt on TT Heffner car, it sold in like 3 hours last week before he even listed it on his sight. He said it was "incoming" and had like 1 picture, I called him and he was like it sold a couple hours ago. He got good money for it. A TT LP560 is highly sought after!

Haha that is the same thing I told him. These TT Gallardos sell so fast. You get more money back then you think on the turbo kit too. Especially if you have a Heffner, UGR, or big name kit on the car.

Once you sell a TT Gallardo though what the hell do you buy next?!?!

:icon_thumleft: So funny how VBOX had it for like 2 minutes and everyone remembers it with him. It was the Grand Master PEAK was the one who actually commissioned it, lol. I've done a lot to the car since both of them and its back at UGR again getting some more small upgrades :icon_super:

More upgrades?? :icon_super:

This question has been brought up a few times on this forim and the consensus was that a TT Gallardo is just hard to beat. :icon_thumleft:

But nonetheless, there are other cars out there that are totally awesome...MP4, 458, R8, and a few others.

More upgrades?? :icon_super:

This question has been brought up a few times on this forim and the consensus was that a TT Gallardo is just hard to beat. :icon_thumleft:

But nonetheless, there are other cars out there that are totally awesome...MP4, 458, R8, and a few others.

I'd take a TT LP over a TT 458........

I'm holding out for the Gallardo replacement and will put some turbos on it.

Awesome man! When I was looking at getting a LP560 last may I was looking like crazy to find that color and it was rare. Love it!!!

That thing is going to come back to you like a pissed off raging screaming bull ;)

Haha that is the same thing I told him. These TT Gallardos sell so fast. You get more money back then you think on the turbo kit too. Especially if you have a Heffner, UGR, or big name kit on the car.

Do I like am and starting all over agian :eusa_wall:

I'd take a TT LP over a TT 458........

I'm holding out for the Gallardo replacement and will put some turbos on it.

The new replacement will probably be really good for a turbo upgrade but I'm not sure the price point they will command the first year.

The new replacement will probably be really good for a turbo upgrade but I'm not sure the price point they will command the first year.

I agree. Personaly, I'd never buy a 1st year Lambo when I know two years later I'll get it for 100K less..=)

Also, the new Gallardo, if equipped with a DCT, is going to make an ultra sweet TT set-up. Just think GTR!!

going to be a while and big $$ before tuners get the new DCT transmission upgraded to hold the extra power from a twin turbo upgrade...

458's can't hold big TT power long, and the 911 DCT hits a wall as well after a few bolt ons.... maybe there will be a headstart with the R8 DCT to see how much it can hold...

It's not going to be like the GT-R......

I agree. Personaly, I'd never buy a 1st year Lambo when I know two years later I'll get it for 100K less..=)

Also, the new Gallardo, if equipped with a DCT, is going to make an ultra sweet TT set-up. Just think GTR!!

I guess at this point we are both speculating in regards to the strength of the DCT. We will have to wait and see when it comes out and if it does indeed come equipped with a DCT (which I am assuming it will given the R8 did)

going to be a while and big $$ before tuners get the new DCT transmission upgraded to hold the extra power from a twin turbo upgrade...

458's can't hold big TT power long, and the 911 DCT hits a wall as well after a few bolt ons.... maybe there will be a headstart with the R8 DCT to see how much it can hold...

+1

Had the pleasure of a few cars and fun this morning. We had a stage 3 560 and a stage 1.5 R8 with is. Both were UGR. Great work!

R8 just on 4lbs was fast as hell. He took off on the interstate and was gone.

Had the pleasure of a few cars and fun this morning. We had a stage 3 560 and a stage 1.5 R8 with is. Both were UGR. Great work!

R8 just on 4lbs was fast as hell. He took off on the interstate and was gone.

Thanks! That was John's LP 560 and Brandon Jacobs R8 bolt on. Great guys! Building a couple more cars in that area now.

Yep both of them are great guys.

I tried to poke at John and get him to send you the Aventador :) Hell I tried to even get him to just give us a little taste of that stage 3 power!

Brandon's car looks great. He took off on the interstate on just the 4lbs of boost setting and was gone. These new 5.2 L engines really like the boost. I dont know if everyone knows Brandon but he actually knows a lot about cars. Had tons of good stuff to say. He was amazed there was no lag with the turbos.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been heavily contemplating a TT system for my LP560. As some of you may know, I have had my car for sale since July of last year and since then, I have not received one offer on the car that is acceptable to me. I think I counted a total of 22 offers at 150K, but I was not ready to sell my car at a record low, especially given its condition, color combo, etc. So knowing that I may not get what I want out of it and the fact that I am not going to just give it away, I decided to keep it and do the next best thing....put some TTs on it.. :icon_mrgreen:

Now I want to say that deciding on a tuner was not easy for me, at all. Kevin from UGR and Jason Heffner have both been so kind in answering ALL my questions. Jason was on the phone with me for an hour and a half the other day answering all my questions, and Kevin, well, I have been chit chatting with him about a possible TT set up ever since UGR exploded on the scene years ago. Bottom line is that both of them are stand up guys, both of them would offer exceptional service I am sure, and I'd label both of them as the two best tuners for turbo applications on a Gallardo. So, how do I, a person who has not had any experience with either, choose a tuner exactly?

I formed my decision based on two points. 1) Speaking to people that have had experience with BOTH tuners and 2) Staying aware of company history and track record. After doing so, I have come to a conclusion and decided to send my car to UGR. Let me elaborate a little..

Regarding the first point, I am not going to get into who said what. So don't ask, but I will say that people did have great things to say about Heffner. Regarding the next point, I am pretty sure UGR has built more TT systems than all tuners combined, or close to it. I counted 79 completed Gallardo builds on their site and that doesn't include my car or the dozens they have yet to complete sitting in their shop. They have also set every performance record imaginable for the Gallardo. Lastly, they are closer to me, but that was not a big factor on my decision.

So my car will soon be off to UGR for a stage 1.5 bolt-on kit which includes a Motec ECU, bigger turbos, and boost by gear. I will most certainly keep this thread updated with pics/dynos/vbox numbers, etc. as soon as I get some from Kevin.

I want to take a last moment and send out my profound appreciation to Jason for taking all the time he spent with me over the phone, and I wish him all the business and best in 2013.

And to Kevin, thank you for dealing with me for the past 2 years, lol. I am VERY happy to finally make it happen and officially become part of the UGR team!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks again for choosing Underground Racing. Your car will be here soon.

Yep both of them are great guys.

I tried to poke at John and get him to send you the Aventador :) Hell I tried to even get him to just give us a little taste of that stage 3 power!

Brandon's car looks great. He took off on the interstate on just the 4lbs of boost setting and was gone. These new 5.2 L engines really like the boost. I dont know if everyone knows Brandon but he actually knows a lot about cars. Had tons of good stuff to say. He was amazed there was no lag with the turbos.

I think John will be doing his Aventador. He's coming to Charlotte to ride in my TT Aventador and after one ride, he will be ready :icon_mrgreen:

Brandon is a huge car nut, great guy!

I think John will be doing his Aventador. He's coming to Charlotte to ride in my TT Aventador and after one ride, he will be ready :icon_mrgreen:

Brandon is a huge car nut, great guy!

How much power does that thing make now :) What a beast

:icon_super:

Kevin needs to get a drug rep so he can sell some ambien to all his clients. It is impossible to sleep while this project is going on :)

Kevin needs to get a drug rep so he can sell some ambien to all his clients. It is impossible to sleep while this project is going on :)

Going to be even harder to sleep now.... :icon_mrgreen: The car is officialy there.

UGR_zps4a158586.png

UGR found me an enclosed transporter to get my car to him within 48hours after we talked about it.

He was like "oh ya I know a guy right around the corner from you and then BAM next day the truck is at my place. The following day it's at UGR..crazy. It's like somehow they not only want to get paid to transport the car but it seemed like he just wanted to stop at UGR AGAIN, lol.