What are u wearing

christiann

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so bored of the AP Royal Oak watches. So overplayed. It's like a Rolex now.

Here is my Patek

Screen_Shot_2013_01_09_at_6.36.49_AM.png

John N

I like my AP, but starting to get bored of it. I really want a WG Daytona..

Leather or WG strap?

I am so bored of the AP Royal Oak watches. So overplayed. It's like a Rolex now.

Here is my Patek

post-369-1357735144_thumb.png

Love the annual calendar. Very distinguished and classy

Scotty, WG strap.

I'm loving the Patek's, but scared to learn about them yet. :)

Patek makes very nice watches but they are very delicate. If you pick the right one, and usually the right ones are complicated watches, you will wear it and make money when you get bored of it. The rest of the line is like any other high end watch brand with the same amount depreciation.

Patek as a rule is very conservative and have not jumped on the jumbo watch bandwagon like the other brands and it is a strech to find a Patek larger than 42mm. They like to across as the best of the best, and there is no doubt the quality and finish is exquisite but they are not the holy grail. I own quite a few, a 3970, 5070,5071,5970 and a couple of really complicated pieces that never leave the safe and i cannot say they have all been trouble free. I had a minute repeater that had to go back a couple of times for service and Patek's attitude was pretty condescending.

Besides the myth behing the brand, i would not rate them ahead of the leading high end brands in terms of quality and service. What really hypes up the brand are the older pieces that fetch astrnomical figures at auctions and in that area, no other watch brand comes close.

The best thing to do is to go and try a few Patek's and see if you like the way they look on your wrsit. They usually fit very well, are not overly large and bulky which depending on your taste might not fit the bill.

I like them for formal functions but i would not call them rugged.

^My thoughts exactly on everything that had been said. Even something that's suppose to be a daily-wear like an Aquanaut, they konk-out after a few years despite doing the usual annual service. And any question on the reliability and supposedly top-notch craftsmanship on the movement, they do make condescending remarks alluring to the piece being inappropriately worn. Only when you drop a pile of owner's certificates in front of them proofing that the piece in question is the cheapest of the Patek collection, they start giving you a hint of respect.

My two watches, nothing too crazy, but I like them. Couldn't get a good cell phone pic, so just grabbed pics off the net of the exact same watches.

post-6539-1357933162_thumb.png

post-6539-1357933169.png

I own quite a few, a 3970, 5070,5071,5970

F- BWUK comparing your closet to his apartment is nonsense. Those 4 are likely worth more than my house. :eusa_wall:

Well done man, well done.

I can appreciate the mechanics in the crazy complicated Pateks, stuff like moon phases and that skymoon tourbillon are just phenomenal to stare at. But I'm not sophisticated enough to really consider one, even if I had the $$, which I don't, not even close.

I'd rock the shit out of an AP Rubens II Ti, I love that damn watch. Might pick up a rubber AP one of these days.

F- BWUK comparing your closet to his apartment is nonsense. Those 4 are likely worth more than my house. :eusa_wall:

Well done man, well done.

I can appreciate the mechanics in the crazy complicated Pateks, stuff like moon phases and that skymoon tourbillon are just phenomenal to stare at. But I'm not sophisticated enough to really consider one, even if I had the $$, which I don't, not even close.

I'd rock the shit out of an AP Rubens II Ti, I love that damn watch. Might pick up a rubber AP one of these days.

This AP is one the classiest chronographs one can buy and it even looks better live

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDEMARS-PIGUET-RO...=item5d3877973f

new_pics_018.JPG

new_pics_119.JPG

new_pics_116.JPG

new_pics_016.JPG

A couple of AP ROO'S and my 5071.

Sorry, crappy pics again. Tough to take good shot of watches using a phone camera.

[

Sorry, crappy pics again. Tough to take good shot of watches when tons of diamonds are reflecting light back.

FIXED

Very impressive. Impeccable taste.

• 4 weeks later...
I just ordered a new watch yesterday. I have a bunch, but I stopped wearing them around 5-6 years ago. They have been sitting. I finally saw something that made me want to wear a watch again. I ordered a Richard Mille Felipe Massa.

Any updates on this watch, RaginBull? Has it come in yet?