What are u wearing

christiann

Patek makes very nice watches but they are very delicate. If you pick the right one, and usually the right ones are complicated watches, you will wear it and make money when you get bored of it. The rest of the line is like any other high end watch brand with the same amount depreciation.

Patek as a rule is very conservative and have not jumped on the jumbo watch bandwagon like the other brands and it is a strech to find a Patek larger than 42mm. They like to across as the best of the best, and there is no doubt the quality and finish is exquisite but they are not the holy grail. I own quite a few, a 3970, 5070,5071,5970 and a couple of really complicated pieces that never leave the safe and i cannot say they have all been trouble free. I had a minute repeater that had to go back a couple of times for service and Patek's attitude was pretty condescending.

Besides the myth behing the brand, i would not rate them ahead of the leading high end brands in terms of quality and service. What really hypes up the brand are the older pieces that fetch astrnomical figures at auctions and in that area, no other watch brand comes close.

The best thing to do is to go and try a few Patek's and see if you like the way they look on your wrsit. They usually fit very well, are not overly large and bulky which depending on your taste might not fit the bill.

I like them for formal functions but i would not call them rugged.

What a great summary on PP. I feel exactly the same way - that said, this is my newest addition. Love the simplicity of look - timeless in my mind. Sorry for the crappy pic.

PP.JPG

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My reach as far as watches goes is possibly not in the same league as some of you,

but I recently lost my Bell & Ross BR01-92 over a cliff, so decided it was time to buy a new watch,

just purchased myself one of these

P0334Q-SG.7401.jpg

its a Paul Picot Technograph, its a lesser known boutique manufacturer in Swizerland but its a very nice looking good quality watch from all that i can glean about it, so im now waiting with baited breath for it to arrive :D

http://www.paulpicot.ch/

My two watches, nothing too crazy, but I like them. Couldn't get a good cell phone pic, so just grabbed pics off the net of the exact same watches.

I really like that Hublot.

I don't have anything crazy for the thread...the closest would be buying my dad a DateJust.

I really like that Hublot.

I don't have anything crazy for the thread...the closest would be buying my dad a DateJust.

Thanks bro, my wife bought it for me for our last anniversary :icon_thumleft:

Great watches here, some very good taste, but surprisingly no Breguets or Lange or Gruebel forsey or FP Journe?

Another very classy watch that i liked that once I get to 40 i will want to get is ludovic ballouard upside down watch (http://goo.gl/i16uL) The mechanics are fantastic (

)

My fav is the Langes in general.

Currently wearing a PAM 72 that was limited to 1500. Other than that few cartiers. been eyeing the AP ROO for a while. Been busy setting up our operations in Dubai and decided to reward myself when things look good with a nice car(F12 or aventador) and a watch(All gold ROO). Will see how much longer..

I am crazy about watches, if I had to make a list of all I would want, I would probably end up spending more on watches than cars in my lifetime..

• 2 weeks later...
just picked this on up i really am stsrting to love hubots

Very Nice ! I'm going to Westime in La Jolla this afternoon to look at a Big Bang.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't quite believe it but just bought my grail piece that i've lusted after since 2007 or so! It arrives Weds evening:

EXPO5353.jpg

EXPO5353b.jpg