What are u wearing

christiann

did you see this thread, very entertaining :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...p;#entry1106969

#1: Not wearing a watch is the new Patek.

Forget all about Hublot. It’s a great way to tell people that you’re an idiot who has more money than taste. Hublot was a second-rate brand with third-rate craftsmanship until about 15 years ago when they arbitrarily doubled the price and started paying celebrities and sport figures to wear them. It's been a marketers wet dream.

Damn I'm cool, I put mine away and never took them out again.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son wanted to do a shoot with my watches. lol didn't come out to bad. Really loving the ANCON M26 tank. Alex hooked me up with that. Fun watch at a great price.

Watches.JPG

The Hublot Big Bang series has always been considered as a facsimile of the AP's ROO series but with inferior calibres (inferior as compared to the best; it's not trash but it's not tops either). The fact that, as others had said, Hublot spent $$$ on celebrity endorsements is also a plus and minus thing. It's hard to compete when you are dealing with one of the big 3 such as AP since it does have quite an upper hand in design and craftsmanship (even though AP's own QC of late is not exactly on top either). To be fair, some of the Big Bang's latest designs don't look bad.

At the end of the day, your $, your taste, your watch, your statement. Who cares what others think? Just like no one "needs" a Lamborghini from a transportation POV. You wear whatever your preferences guide you.

To my eyes, Hublot is by far the more modern, interesting design. APs look very 90s to me. Of course, all in the eye of the beholder, but I'm Hublot all the way. Their use of fusion materials is also far more interesting imo.

Also, the craftsmanship on the Hublots I've had has been great. That's from 4 different ones over 4-5 years.

I've worn my Senna Hublot through just about all my racing. It's done 2 x 24 hours of Le Mans and countless other races. High Gs, high impact, the works. Never skipped a beat, and it doesn't even show any wear.

1043__85177_zoom.jpg

Also, besides the unico, they make their high-end complications in-house as well now. I went to the factory last year. Awesome facility, and some great craftsmen there.

Now I totally understand the "new money" feel. Hublot doesn't have a 200 year history. That's OK with me, though. I didn't have any money even 10 years ago, so I can sympathize ;)

To be fair, some of the Big Bang's latest design don't look bad.

At the end of the day, your $, your taste, your watch, your statement. Who cares what others think? Just like no one "needs" a Lamborghini from a transportation POV. You wear whatever your preferences guide you.

Exactly! I love my Hublots, I Always get compliments on them and my friends with Rolex, Breitlings, APs and Pateks looks like old crap watches next to mine. I'm not saying mine are superior in any way, but they look ten times better.

Their use of fusion materials is also far more interesting imo.

+1

This is what I love the most. CF with ceramic, gold with tantalum, magnesium with magicgold etc. Very cool!

Also, the craftsmanship on the Hublots I've had has been great. That's from 4 different ones over 4-5 years.

I've worn my Senna Hublot through just about all my racing. It's done 2 x 24 hours of Le Mans and countless other races. High Gs, high impact, the works. Never skipped a beat, and it doesn't even show any wear.

post-9581-1394019681_thumb.jpg

+1 again

I have 3 now and had a few in the past few years, they all have performed flawlessly and they hold up to wear and tear very good, since the materials are often very strong.

I LOVE your watch, it is very close to my newest addition, the King Power F1 AbuDhabi in full carbon!

Also, besides the unico, they make their high-end complications in-house as well now. I went to the factory last year. Awesome facility, and some great craftsmen there.

Now I totally understand the "new money" feel. Hublot doesn't have a 200 year history. That's OK with me, though. I didn't have any money even 10 years ago, so I can sympathize ;)

+1 again :lol2:

Lambo doesn't have the Heritage McLaren and Ferrari do, but I would still have a Veneno over a P1 and Lalalala ;)

bumble bee

Its a bumble bee....The other is a regular rubber clad with white dial and black bezel...

I like the look of some of the Hublot's like the one pictured above and I do like the RG version. I think they look great, but for the money I'd pick a AP every time unless I can get a screaming deal on the hublot. I picked up both my AP's at the right time and the right price.... neither one is worth less than what I paid...if anything the Bumble bee is worth more now. Biz partner has a RG hublot with black ceramic bezel and its worth thousands less than what he paid. Just my.02 cents.

Heard the expression "haters gonna hate"?

Hublot is awesome! Sure, they are no Patek or RM, but in general they cost much more and the Patek makes you look older than AllanLAMO, a not so good thing..

I have 3 Hublots and I love them all, they are innovative in their materials, I can't give a ratsass about what type of mechanism is in the Watch more than how I like the looks/feel of them. Just as with a car, I shop with my heart when I shop for watches.

People paying millions for ugly tourbillions makes me wonder why? To each his own I guess.

Good luck in your search!

There is a reason its called HUBLOW

Hublot's are dog shit. Fact being that Jirre owns one!

He owns 3, but 2 are fakes... I hear the fakes are better than the real ones anyway... :gay:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Picked up this Rose Gold AP Royal Oak Offshore Scuba Wempe a few months ago. There were only 35 of the rose gold ones made.

Very nice!