Public Perception of Us Lambo Owners

ToofDoc

For example, it's probably a major fcuking headache if you live in a small, redneck, hillbilly-type town...might as well be piloting a real-deal UFO in places like that. Bigger metropolitan areas where exotics are not uncommon are probably the best areas to own these cars...unless you're driving a VI Aventador - then it doesn't matter where you are...haha.

This is exactly how it used to be for me. Billy Bob staring out the window in his 84 ford pickup with rifle rack and swerving into me in the process. There are many reasons for it other than that, but I don't live in that environment anymore, and I'm pretty damn happy about that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly how it used to be for me. Billy Bob staring out the window in his 84 ford pickup with rifle rack and swerving into me in the process. There are many reasons for it other than that, but I don't live in that environment anymore, and I'm pretty damn happy about that.

Midwest? I can't imagine driving a Lambo around some parts... Don't roll down the windows or you'll hear banjo music - drive faster! :shock:

1003242[/url]']

3 of my cars are V12's... At the gas station when people ask what kind of gas mileage they get.. I simply reply " Who gives a shit about gas mileage?" That ususually shuts them up and they no longer talk to me. That makes me happy.

Hahaha. :icon_thumleft:

What image would you guys like to project then? Do you think the car (brand) does more good or harm compared to the owners and some of the extremists (owners/drivers) on the bell curve?

Guest Moss
What image would you guys like to project then? Do you think the car (brand) does more good or harm compared to the owners and some of the extremists (owners/drivers) on the bell curve?

That is a great question Destructo.

Doc,

Look at it from their perspective: There you are, filling up a toy, that cost more money than their house and you are "complaining" about gas prices. So I can see why that would offend some people. If you can afford a 100k toy, you are pretty well off (at least compared to them). Best bet is to probably not say anything about the gas prices or you might come off to them as being arrogant. I'm sure you don't mean to do that, but it's easy to be misunderstood, especially with the economy being what it is in the US today.

Something from a different perspective-my first impressions of a Lambo owner. Was at an Italien Car Show in Pocono, Pa. with my son and a new 550 Ferrari back in '92. Took the car out to the track for the Track Day, coming off the North Course onto the banking, chain of cars waiting for the point by from the slower cars in front, and a black Diablo comes roaring by all of us. A couple of laps later, same thing happens. Back in the pits when the session ends, and I walk over to the Diablo where the driver and a couple of girls were standing around. Introduced myself and said, "Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to wait for the point by before passing when we come out on the banking. Someone might be pulling out about the time you are going by and we could wind up damaging some great cars." So Mr. Diablo, all 5ft 6in of him says, "You talkin' to me? If you wanna talk to me , you talk to me like a man. And while you're about it. why don't you suck my c..k?" Fortunately, my son was there and quietly pulled me away back to our car. I realizes this jerk was not representative of all Lambo owners, but the experience did sour me on everything related to Lamborghinis for a while.

Something from a different perspective-my first impressions of a Lambo owner. Was at an Italien Car Show in Pocono, Pa. with my son and a new 550 Ferrari back in '92. Took the car out to the track for the Track Day, coming off the North Course onto the banking, chain of cars waiting for the point by from the slower cars in front, and a black Diablo comes roaring by all of us. A couple of laps later, same thing happens. Back in the pits when the session ends, and I walk over to the Diablo where the driver and a couple of girls were standing around. Introduced myself and said, "Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to wait for the point by before passing when we come out on the banking. Someone might be pulling out about the time you are going by and we could wind up damaging some great cars." So Mr. Diablo, all 5ft 6in of him says, "You talkin' to me? If you wanna talk to me , you talk to me like a man. And while you're about it. why don't you suck my c..k?" Fortunately, my son was there and quietly pulled me away back to our car. I realizes this jerk was not representative of all Lambo owners, but the experience did sour me on everything related to Lamborghinis for a while.

Was the owner of the black diablo Joe Pesci from goodfellas?

:iamwithstupid:

I wouldn't get near a Lambo if the cost of fuel would be a concern, it would not make financial sense for anyone to purchase an unnecessary toy if that was the case.

I was in the car with my wife the other day and as we were driving by a gas station she mentioned that particular station always has very cheap fuel, when she said that I thought to myself damn I don't even know how much fuel usually cost, I know it's over a 1$/L but I had no idea how much exactly in order to compare if they had a good deal going or not.

It's an inevitable expense which is out of my control, it isn't negotiable so I do not worry about it, I have two choices, I will either fill up or I don't, if I save $5 a tank each time I fill up by chasing "deals" and fill up once a week $260/ year won't make me or break me so I simply do not care enough to even think about it.

^^^^THIS^^^^

I don't have a clue what gas costs where nor do I care. If I did, I have no business being in an exotic. If gas increased even $3/GALLON, and that was enough to deter one from owning a particular car, then you shouldn't be buying that particular car. Hell even if you paid $15/Gallon on an exotic, at most that might run someone $7,500/yr assuming you drove 5,000 miles and only got 10mpg (both of which are unrealistic). At normal gas prices, and with normal exotic annual mileage, you're in about $2,500/yr in fuel which is a very CHEAP expense in the overall life of exotic car ownership.

Y'all are all missing my point!

I ain't omplaining of the gas I need to use for my Lambo!?!? Since I seldomly drive my G, a full tank only costs me $75 AND it lasts me 4-6 weeks!!

I had a DD that I drive (2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8) that I was bitching about its gas usage! Since it was my DD, I filled the tank up once every 10 calendar days and everytime was over $100!! So I complaint about that, thats WHEN people stated "welll sh1t, you drive a Lambo, why you complain about gas for your DD?!"

My thing was, just because I own and drive a Lambo, that doesn't mean I can't shop around for deals or want to save money, right?! That's what I meant by "public perception of us Lambo owners", we must have $ to burn and that we don't care for expenses!

No, no, no....I am NOT complaining about the gas my G uses! My G uses very little gas and its not costing me much at all through my ownership. I'm complaining about the amount and cost of gas that my SRT8 was using (requires high octane also). But people were referring to, since I own a Lambo (i.e. in their mind I'm well off), I shouldn't be worrying about money/expenses?!?!?

I think most of us understood what you were complaining about, it was gas prices :icon_mrgreen:

$100/10 days = $3,650/year = peanuts

if that's all it takes for you to run around to earn your keep.

Look at it it this way, with the cost of your CF SL wing you could've fueled your Jeep for two years so they are right when they tell you to stop whinging about fuel prices because you drive a Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

ToofDoc, it sounds like you are looking for ways to save money on gas, there's a couple of things you could try:

Fuel additives: http://greenmyfleet.com/reduce-consumption...yadditives.html

Also, switching your engine off at traffic lights and freewheeling down hills is the way forward if you are looking to reduce your fuel bill.

(PS: maybe you should have bought a Prius ;-)

(PS: maybe you should have bought a Prius ;-)

I should have!

Got rid of the SRT8, got me a more fuel efficient DD!! More mod money for my Lambo!! :icon_super:

My thing was, just because I own and drive a Lambo, that doesn't mean I can't shop around for deals or want to save money, right?! That's what I meant by "public perception of us Lambo owners", we must have $ to burn and that we don't care for expenses!

There's another side to this coin:

This "perception" of us Lambo owners can actually work in our favor: for example, I showed up to a Rolls/Bentley dealer and parked right in front of the fcuking door. Went in to visit a friend who works there. As I'm about to leave, my friend's co-worker tells me if I want to drive one of their cars to our local Cars/Coffee, I can just let them know and if it's more convenient for me to just pick up one of their cars the day before and drive it to Cars/Coffee the next day, that's cool, too! All this cuz they think I'm rolling in fcuking mountains of cash money just cuz I parked an 8 year old Lamborghini in front of their fcuking door! How fuckin awesome is THAT! :lol2:

Should have kicked his ass and taught junior a lesson

I'm still stuck on the idea of a '92 550 Maranello when the 512 TR was barely out then.... :eusa_think: