Spotted Top Gear USA filming in Ohio

Gilligan740

I was driving home from a business trip on Friday and noticed three new Vipers driving the opposite direction on 23/75 near Toledo. They were being followed by a new Raptor. Apparently it was the three guys from Top Gear USA filming a segment for their show. It didn't look like they were filming at the time they passed me. Too bad their version of the show sucks.

post-10945-1359330802_thumb.jpg

I will admit that snow tires can make a huge difference even on rwd sportscars, but wouldn't think to spec them on vipers. I wonder how skinny a rear tire one could put on the viper.

I wasn't having a great time in the Yukon I was driving so I can't imagine the Vipers were doing too well.

Slap the Yukon in 4wd, and it would do great in the snow. Doesnt look like much there. In 2wd that would suck. Especially with a 550-600hp RWD sports car. Yukon would be easy.

I think that the show is OK. They fucked up calling it Top Gear, thinking they were on to something with a franchise. The reality is, Top Gear is popular not just because of the content or segments but because of the original UK presenters' chemistry and personalities.

Slap the Yukon in 4wd, and it would do great in the snow. Doesnt look like much there. In 2wd that would suck. Especially with a 550-600hp RWD sports car. Yukon would be easy.

Seriously... 50hp or 1000hp cars in the snow - same thing. Just take it easy on the throttle. Traction on the snow is very limited anyways, 2wd OR 4wd. I have driven a small displacement, turbo 300hp RWD daily in the snow and a 520HP Quattros daily in the snow. The only difference is the acceleration. Cornering a 50hp car or 1000hp car is the same damn thing. Same with braking. The only difference is you get more traction when accelerating. So unless you drive your car with a 100 pound weight on your right foot I seriously don't see a problem driving ANY car in the snow. Hell even in my small electric car (20hp - if that) will loose traction at 25mph if I'm not careful when it's slippery out.

The ONLY problem with some cars (in the snow) is the height of the car. I drove my 520HP A8 to the mountains (when I first took delivery of it) and the clearance to the exhaust was 1". Bumpy roads, lots of snow, now THAT was a PITA.

4WD just gets you into more trouble as you "could" get away with driving a 4WD with summer tires in the snow. Do that with a 2WD and the car will not go anywhere. But then later, you have to brake or turn, guess what, you will crash because of it. 4WD is a luxury feature. It's just more comfortable to drive. You don't have to spend 10 seconds going from a dead stop to 40mph and you can drive up steep roads with very little speed, but there are VERY few roads where you actually NEED 4WD if you have some decent winter tires.

I was driving home from a business trip on Friday and noticed three new Vipers driving the opposite direction on 23/75 near Toledo. They were being followed by a new Raptor. Apparently it was the three guys from Top Gear USA filming a segment for their show. It didn't look like they were filming at the time they passed me. Too bad their version of the show sucks.

66463_10200517741652448_1971210970_n.jpg

Top Gear (series 19) air date 3 February 2013

Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond, James May

The team is in America in three front-engine supercars. They drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and then on to Palm Springs. They also have a race to the Mexican Border, with the loser having to endure a terrible penalty.

The team is in America in three front-engine supercars. They drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and then on to Palm Springs. They also have a race to the Mexican Border, with the loser having to endure a terrible penalty.

Well, since Ohio is nowhere near between L.A., L.V. or Palm Springs, and with a less than week turn-around for production, it's safe to say it's not the UK group at all.

The USA production is going to Norway for something they said on their Twitter account. I asked if they'd just stay there please. I don't think they like me.

Vanquish, LFA and Viper

top-gear-filming-in-us-aston-martin-vanquish-lexus-lfa-srt-viper-51799-7.jpg

Well, since Ohio is nowhere near between L.A., L.V. or Palm Springs, and with a less than week turn-around for production, it's safe to say it's not the UK group at all.

The USA production is going to Norway for something they said on their Twitter account. I asked if they'd just stay there please. I don't think they like me.

My mistake.

:icon_mrgreen: :lol2: x1000