How 'bout them Ravens!

Aventador22

What I don't get is you have first and goal from the 5, and you don't try a single QB option which had worked ALL GAME.

Awesome win for Baltimore though. Thought the niners were going to pull it off

What I don't get is you have first and goal from the 5, and you don't try a single QB option which had worked ALL GAME.

Awesome win for Baltimore though. Thought the niners were going to pull it off

Agreed!!!! Well, congrats to ray ray even though I didn't want to see him win :lol2:

The better team won

Loved the game, the anthem, and the rendition of America The Beautiful. I can't stand the Ravens and I hate Ray Lewis. Up until this week I actually respected him as a player but all of that respect was lost with the pre-game interview with Sharpe and his answer on "What do you say to the family of those in the inncident?"..."God doesn't use bad people like that (as in the murderers) for good and if the family knew what really happened they'd feel differently about me." Really Ray? Maybe they don't know what happened BECAUSE YOU LIED and were found guilty of Obstruction of Justices. Combo his post game comments on how God told him to lay hands on Jones otherwise he was going to be tackled at the 20 and you have a man who has some severe mental illness.

All that being said. The Ravens played a better game. If the power hadn't gone out San Fran never would have calmed down and started playing decent ball. With better play calls on the 2pt conversion attempt or 2nd through 4th down at the end of them game and San Fran would have run. Everyone knew a jailhouse blitz was coming on the 2 point attempt...how did you know have a tight end do a drag across the middle?

As for 2nd through 4th...Crabtree really hadn't done much all night. Not to mention Gore just ripped off a ridiculous run to get you in to the redzone and followed that up to get you inside the 10. Give it to Gore on 2nd and see what happens. That designed roll out was a waste of a play. Ravens deserved to win and I am not bitter about it at all. San Fran should have never had the opportunity to crawl back in. Once they did however they should have shut the door. Poor coaching at the end cost them.

Honestly-I saw Ray Lewis get blocked or blown by most of the night. I didnt think he contributed at all other than on an emotional level for his team.

I think had any of those bomb passes Kaepernick had thrown near the end of the game (that were on the money, but simply dropped)-been caught, Or if the playcalling was a little better from the 1st and goal from the 5 setup, things would have been much different. It is what it is though and the Ravens and Joe Flacco deserve all the credit in the world.

:iamwithstupid:

This.

Re-watched the last four downs. Not one time did they use the pistol formation, with 2/3 backs on the field and the QB aligned with them, as they had had rediculous success with for like the previous HOUR. :lol2: Not once.

Each time they left Gore back there alone and sent 4 guys into the pattern, which to me was insane.

The truth though is like Hannibal described. And honestly if you step back and look at it the game was actually heading for a total blow out until the power went. The Niners caught a mental breather there, one they desperately needed after the horror of that 108-yard run back, and got a chance to get their heads right and stop panicking like the little girls they were in the first half. They got their emotions under control at that point and started playing the game to their strengths, which if they had done from the start, would have won them the game.

It was just a case of a team being too young and too inexperienced in big games, including a QB with just 10 starts who definitely wilted under the pressure during the first half, as you'd expect anyone to. I recall Rape-lithsberger winning his first SB for Pitsburgh with the single worst QB-rating in SB history, which shows what a gut-punch it really is to the young guys when you walk out of the tunnel for that game.

The 49ers will be strong strong strong next year, no doubt about it, could easily be their year if no one figures out how to stop the read option effectively.

At least they found a use for all those 49er Super Bowl Champion shirts! :icon_mrgreen:

34291925.jpg

either way that Kaepernick has a hell of a future in the NFL and will win a couple of rings IMO, but it was nice to see

Lewis end this way! i see him out all the time, he has a house 10min from me. surprisingly nice in person.

either way that Kaepernick has a hell of a future in the NFL and will win a couple of rings IMO, but it was nice to see

Lewis end this way! i see him out all the time, he has a house 10min from me. surprisingly nice in person.

Agreed. I wish they won it, not the best 49ers Superbowl appearance, their first loss in a bowl game ever. Granted, they played they way they should have towards the end, and if they keep the team the way it is, they will be back within the next couple of years. I already knew there was a chance they were going to lose because of all of the defensive injures the team had. And boom, there it was, their lack of defense, what the team is know for, killed them. Their offense deserves a lot of credit, even though there were some huge offensive mistakes as well.

But, Flacco being able to hold the ball for 1 minute, uncontested, multiple times, getting 30 yard gain hail mary passes, uncontested...oh my gosh...I'm still mad. It was like the 49ers didn't even care. I honestly turned off my tv and drove to the store after that punt return. Last year was their year. Oh wait, maybe it was supposed to be this year. Nope. Maybe next year? or the next?!!!

Agreed. I wish they won it, not the best 49ers Superbowl appearance, their first loss in a bowl game ever. Granted, they played they way they should have towards the end, and if they keep the team the way it is, they will be back within the next couple of years. I already knew there was a chance they were going to lose because of all of the defensive injures the team had. And boom, there it was, their lack of defense, what the team is know for, killed them. Their offense deserves a lot of credit, even though there were some huge offensive mistakes as well.

But, Flacco being able to hold the ball for 1 minute, uncontested, multiple times, getting 30 yard gain hail mary passes, uncontested...oh my gosh...I'm still mad. It was like the 49ers didn't even care. I honestly turned off my tv and drove to the store after that punt return. Last year was their year. Oh wait, maybe it was supposed to be this year. Nope. Maybe next year? or the next?!!!

dont feel bad, look at my Dolphins lolol

dont feel bad, look at my Dolphins lolol

How bout them Cowboys!!! :lol2:

Paying MULTIPLE guys $50M who would barely start on the other playoff teams like the Niners or Baltimore... :eusa_wall:

And now Romo needs a new $70M+ deal. Sigh.

What a game! one of the best ever, impossible to imagine at halftime, when the game looked already closed.

Kapernich (or what the name is of 49ers QB) was disappointing just on the last drive with the first and ten on the Ravens 8 yard line: i think he got a bit confused, but he and the 49ers did an outstanding and incrdible comeback.

I think some good defensive plays and calls of the Ravens defensive coordinator won the game, but the "pistol" formation is very exciting and new: i like a QB that runs the ball and not only throws it. My appreciation is for the 49 ers: they made shine XLVII Superbowl.

And the blackout added thrill to the game too.

ciao

How bout them Cowboys!!! :lol2:

Paying MULTIPLE guys $50M who would barely start on the other playoff teams like the Niners or Baltimore... :eusa_wall:

And now Romo needs a new $70M+ deal. Sigh.

k you got us beat lol