New Spur

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great! I like the fact that it doesn't look exactly like a GT with 4 doors, as the old model did. Great car! I wonder where they hid the fog lights though.

I am a fan, I prefer this look over the Mulsanne

:iamwithstupid:

100% agree, and was my exact thought looking at the leaks.

Could be the best design they've done in a sedan ever, looking forward to seeing more of it.

Tail lights look a bit more modern. Overall the updates look good. As we've seen over and over they will produce a ton of these and the prices will race to the bottom. Unless you're buying one of the first ones and plan to sell it in the near future or you're going to wait until someone else looses their shirt on the car you're in for a ride. PS I'll take a Mulsanne any day over a spur, not to say the spur is bad because it's a great car, it's just that the M has WAY more presence and styling.

the taillights look a bit off. but otherwise it looks great. i think better than the mulsanne and better proportioned.

if the trunk is anything like the new A8L then it's quite disappointing. my a8L has very limited trunk space for a car it's size. i was really surprised at this when i needed to haul a lot of stuff.

Guest Dereiter

Among the cars for old rich people i prefer RR Phantom. :)

Though New Spur looks modern and attractive.

you're going to end up falling asleep in the car if they make it more comfy =) our 06 Flying Spur is one of the most comfortable and luxurious sedans i've ridden in. my only gripe is that the rear seat adjustment is very limited as compared to their competition -which they have obviously resolved.

still, i'm sure this new car will be fantastic. the old one is so good that 7 years later, we still love the car and have no desire of parting with it.

My thoughts the opposite.. dissapointed doesnt look more like the Mulsanne. May need just get a used Mulsanne.

Mulsanne is too floaty and boring to drive. The Spur is the much better car.

Mulsanne is too floaty and boring to drive. The Spur is the much better car.

I like the Mulsanne.. Drove one for a little while. Plus they depreciating quickly.. Looks like you can get a an 2011, with like 10-12K miles for around 215k.

I like the Mulsanne.. Drove one for a little while. Plus they depreciating quickly.. Looks like you can get a an 2011, with like 10-12K miles for around 215k.

I really like the looks of it, but not how it drives. I had one for over 2 weeks (loaner) and couldnt wait to get back into my Ghost. The old Spur is a better car to drive than the Mulsanne, the new Spur will put it to shame.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't buy any of these cars, (for personal use), like this Spur that share a frame with another car. Spur is basically an aluminum A8 frame/Rolls is a 7 series frame. I know there is a million differences and different body panels, but it is still the same to me. It's like driving a Toyota which is the same as Lexus, etc. They are awesome but I can't wrap my mind around it. But then if you follow my weird logic you're out of choices in the big 4door luxo cars market, so you have to pick something....

Mulsanne is better looking than Spur for me, but Spur will be a sportier ride and have all the new electronics...