They should give this guy a medal, not murder charges

Destructo

Drunk driver plows into disabled vehicle on the side of the road, killing two children. Father of fallen children shoots drunk in the head killing him on site.

I have no problem with letting this guy go. He did the world a favor.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-dad-accused...ory?id=18477907

*full disclosure*

I'm by some standards "overly critical" of drunk driving, alcohol related accidents or irresponsible alcohol use in general due to the fact when I was a young kid, two of my best friends were killed by a drunk driver.

How did he know the driver was drunk, not just disoriented from a concussion caused by the accident?

Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed, smell is a big one.

I actually have mixed feelings on this. Given the situation though I'd have done the same thing as the dad did.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I couldn't imagine being a father and watching your children die. I just could imagine. A horrible experience.

Isn't that just an assumption?

My guess is, the alleged wasn't worried about subtly here, and I suppose logic and reason went out the door when he watched his children die.

I hope that I never have to walk a mile in his shoes. I don't know what I would do, I just don't. God bless his children.

My guess is, the alleged wasn't worried about subtly here, and I suppose logic and reason went out the door when he watched his children die.

Yeah I definitely file this one under he doesn't give a fcuk. Just watched his two (presumably only) children killed and said fcuk it, I'm handling this here and now.

I don't think it's right, but I wouldn't ever ask him to explain himself.

Yeah I definitely file this one under he doesn't give a fcuk. Just watched his two (presumably only) children killed and said fcuk it, I'm handling this here and now.

Wife and 2 more kids were in the truck they were pushing.

The story said he has some younger kids as well. The wife and other kids are in for a rough one. Super sad story. Can't say I would have done it differently myself.

Hmm.... that changes things a bit, but still, he has to live with what he witnessed and I bet he sleeps better now.

I'm by some standards "overly critical" of drunk driving, alcohol related accidents or irresponsible alcohol use in general due to the fact when I was a young kid, two of my best friends were killed by a drunk driver.

I lost some good friends to drunk drivers too. I was also hit by a drunk driver while on a bicycle when I was a kid and spent time in a coma. then a lot of time in rehab, missed graduation, etc.

As shitty of a situation as it is vigilante justice is never the way to go. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Regarding this incident, I would have killed the guy with my hands. I would not have been able to process the idea of missing the chance. I would have no regrets. I do not feel bad for the guy who killed the innocent children and was subsequently shot. He deserved to feel more pain. He got off easy.

Would that be considered premeditated since he left the scene and went to his home to get the gun?

I'm no lawyer but but Im pretty sure its bad for him.

Obvious smell can be quite obvious.

What if drunk me pours a beer over sober you. Are you obviously drunk still?

So wife and 2 kids now have to deal with the loss of two children/siblings plus their father is going to be in jail for years.

The entire situation sucks with a whole of bunch of lives ruined. He is going down for murder and i highly doubt he will get off the charges.

As much as it is vigilante behaviour, i would have done the same.

How did he know the driver was drunk, not just disoriented from a concussion caused by the accident?

I think we're arguing a moot point. The driver just killed his kids. Drunk, not drunk- the father couldn't care less. I know my pops wouldn't.

I think we're arguing a moot point. The driver just killed his kids. Drunk, not drunk- the father couldn't care less. I know my pops wouldn't.

Good point.

He has two other kids he needs to think about...