She's gone....now the wait...

ToofDoc

So my car finally left today to Studio 47/Esoteric Auto Detail to do the following cosmetic/maintanence work:

1) OEM 570 front bumper upgrade (paint and install)

2) Carbon fiber side skirt install

3) Carbon fiber rear diffuser install

4) OEM 570 exhaust tips upgrade

5) HRE S101 Wheels and tires install

6) Full exterior and interior detailing

7) 4-year/6000 miles maintanence service

She'll be gone for 2-3 weeks! Can't wait to see what she looks like!

I completely removed my matte film wrap prior to her leaving. I was digging the shiny black again! :icon_super:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy, you are a wild, wild man!! And we all love every minute of it.. :icon_mrgreen:

I am particularly looking forward to seeing how the new wheels compliment the car. Can't wait to see the finished product! :icon_super:

That's some nice pieces! Side question, did you notice howthe OEM CF diffuser mounts to the OEM bumper? It looks like snap-tabs and I'm wondering how hard it is to remove the diffuser from the bumper.

That's some nice pieces! Side question, did you notice howthe OEM CF diffuser mounts to the OEM bumper? It looks like snap-tabs and I'm wondering how hard it is to remove the diffuser from the bumper.

Do you want me to try to take few photos for you if the mountings are visible from underneath?

Do you want me to try to take few photos for you if the mountings are visible from underneath?

If it's no trouble that would be great. I can see from the top of mine that there are some kind of tabs and slots that fit together all along the diffuser but I dont have a lift or jack to get under it. If only toof still had the diffuser I could know for sure :)

@toof I dig the shiney black! Was the matte wrap hard to take off?

If it's no trouble that would be great.

You are asking A LOT of Fortis...you see, he actually has to make that lonnnngggg trek all the way from his living room to his glass-enclosed garage where the LP570 sits barely visible from his kitchen...all while carrying his homemade espresso in one hand and his camera in the other hand...AND somehow open the door, walk into the glass display case...I mean garage...and THEN take some photographs!!...

:lol2:

NICE WHEELS!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished project Andy. If the weather is nice (hahaha) in a few weekends we should drive out and pick her up!

You are asking A LOT of Fortis...you see, he actually has to make that lonnnngggg trek all the way from his living room to his glass-enclosed garage where the LP570 sits barely visible from his kitchen...all while carrying his homemade espresso in one hand and his camera in the other hand...AND somehow open the door, walk into the glass display case...I mean garage...and THEN take some photographs!!...

:lol2:

:lol2: Ok let me look for a towel and try to squeeze under with the camera.

BTW current home for sale I've bought something else and I am designing something even crazier this time around.

If it's no trouble that would be great. I can see from the top of mine that there are some kind of tabs and slots that fit together all along the diffuser but I dont have a lift or jack to get under it. If only toof still had the diffuser I could know for sure :)

@toof I dig the shiney black! Was the matte wrap hard to take off?

Sorry I couldn't see them either, I took photos of the fixings for the carbon fibre diffuser and the under tray, not sure if this will help you, hopefully toof has the answer for you.

image.jpg

Also I don't think my wife will appreciate where I used the blanket :eusa_shhh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Who is doing the paint?

I heard that a young man by the of Pete will be doing it, not a big time shop but he has done exotics body work. We'll see, if Studio 47 trusts him, I guess I have to too.

I'll post pics as I get them.

Was the matte wrap hard to take off?

It wasn't hard, took two of us with heat guns about 2-3 hours for a full car unwrap, then it ook us about 2-3 hours to remove the left over adhesive residue. The whole thing was a great finger workout!

No paint damage though! Awesome!

btw, Toof, the gloss black looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!... :D

I'm definitely giggin it, it was like I had new car!! It just looked classy!! Considering a full car clear coating instead of matte this second time around!!

NICE WHEELS!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished project Andy. If the weather is nice (hahaha) in a few weekends we should drive out and pick her up!

I thought about that, I may just have Studio 47 ship it back for two reasons. No paint protection yet and like to see what Todd did to the car.

I heard that a young man by the of Pete will be doing it, not a big time shop but he has done exotics body work. We'll see, if Studio 47 trusts him, I guess I have to too.

I'll post pics as I get them.

Yes, Pete is doing the work. We got S47 onto him as he does all of our work. He does an amazing job. DoctaM3 can attest!

Yes, Pete is doing the work. We got S47 onto him as he does all of our work. He does an amazing job. DoctaM3 can attest!

That's great to hear Dave! It's good to hear he's done some great work on great cars!

That's great to hear Dave! It's good to hear he's done some great work on great cars!

Oh yes. He is amazing.

Pete is master. You are in great hands!

She will be back before you know it. The guys at Studio 47 will take good care of you. Are you having Todd finish with 22PLE? I would definitely recommend. I'm looking forward to seeing the paint - I have a little curb rash on one of my wheels and need it powder coated (not sure if the same guy would do it). Who is Pete by the way - last name or name of his company? S47 used to use Charlie Nestor (I think thats his last name). Matched my color pretty well.

Are you having Todd finish with 22PLE? Who is Pete by the way - last name or name of his company?

Yes, Todd (Esoteric Auto Detail) and I will be discussing what he recommends after he evaluates my car and paint condition, but we did meniton that I like to have 22PLE applied on my brake calipers and potentially my new wheels. We'll share more updates after my phone consultation with him this week.

Craig at Studio 47 replied with this when I asked him how the day was going with my car?

On a more serious note, we ran into our first problem today with the front bumper.....

So Craig (Studio 47) took my 560 OEM bumper off and its plastic inner bumper liner, then goes to fit the new 570 OEM plastic inner bumper liner...IT DOESN'T FIT!!

OEM front bumpers have two bumper components, the inner bumper liner and then the outer actual bumper that goes over the liner. Aftermarket bumpers are just one piece and no inner bumper liner involved.

570s have different size and shape radiators than 560s so it came to our attention, that the 570 inner bumper liner does not fit nor go around the 560 radiators!? I called a Lamborghini dealership and spoke to a bodyshop manager, he admitted that he's unaware of this difference simply because not many 560 owners swap to 570 OEM bumpers. Usually it's the 2004-2008 G owners swapping their outdated bumpers into aftermarket 570 bumpers. He then thanked me for the new insight. :rolleyes:

So now what do we do? Here are our thoughts....

1) modify and trim the new OEM 570 bumper inner liner as much as we could to make it fit around the radiators (require a lot of trimming of the radiator casing, new middle supporting bracketing, and moving the horn our of the way)

2) not use the new OEM 570 bumper inner liner all together and just mount the outer actual bumper (not sure if this route even works, Craig haven't fit the OEM 570 bumper on yet without the inner liner)

Lambo informed me that the bumper inner liner is there to direct airflow, screw mounting skeleton, and to strengthen the front bumper.

I hope option #1 works out, hate to have to eliminate the usage of the entire inner bumper liner to make this OEM 570 bumper fit my 560! I'll update as I learn more!

I thought OEM 570 front bumper would be best, but it turns out, it has its own problems. We always worry about "fitment" concerns, but never consider interior interferences? Aftermarket bumpers don't have this issue because they are just one piece without a inner liner which allows the inner area to be more roomy and spacious.

Take home message, LP570 have different radiator shape and size in comparison to LP560 where their respective bumper inner liner to not fit one another.

Thoughts anyone?

After have trimmed the inner liner and relocated the horns a little, finally the inner liner fell into place and the bumper fit seamlessly! Very excited!