Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

I'd be curious to see how this, ThethetheFerrari and the P1 do with lap times...I think we're at the age where pure numbers doesn't mean as much anymore...sure lighter is better, but as it's been stated before suspension and power have made up for that fact.

By the way RaginBull next time I'm out on the east coast I may have to make a detour to come see this monster in person!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I liked best in the Jalopnik article:

"Lamborghini will stay normally aspirated for now. That's the most responsive engine, and that's what they want from their cars. If they reach the point when regulations make it impossible, forced induction is the next step, and only when that's not enough will they turn to hybrids in their supercars. The reason is simple: low weight is the most efficient tool in the pursuit of speed, while electric systems are heavy and large. Packaging is an issue when you want perfect balance. "

What I liked best in the Jalopnik article:

"Lamborghini will stay normally aspirated for now. That's the most responsive engine, and that's what they want from their cars. If they reach the point when regulations make it impossible, forced induction is the next step, and only when that's not enough will they turn to hybrids in their supercars. The reason is simple: low weight is the most efficient tool in the pursuit of speed, while electric systems are heavy and large. Packaging is an issue when you want perfect balance. "

LOL, I don't see a forced induction V10 or V12 not being enough.

I would venture a guess that much of it could be attributed to suspension differences.

Not sure to be perfectly honest.

Thanks guys! I did a few more interviews. The guys at Jalopnik were great people! They are true car enthusiasts! He pulled out his laptop and had a dymo label along the bottom with a series of number and asked me, "Do you know what that is?" I fired back, "Yes I Do! That is the cylinder firing order of the Lamborghini V12!" He was surprised that I knew it, and from that point on we just talked cars very casually. I really enjoyed talking with them.

All the interviewers were very nice. It is easy to make someone who spends that kind of money on a car look like a jerk and I appreciate that, so far (fingers-crossed), everyone has written kindly about us.

A business magazine is doing a feature on me that should be out in the late summer/early fall. I plan to discuss my charity car event(s) with them. I hope to have some of the details worked out before it hits. I will let you guys know when it is coming.

We did a few more interviews at Geneva. It was a lot of fun. I am sure they will post and/or print soon.

RB, it's great how you are so articulate in your interview. I'd be like, "I buy veneno because vroom vroom, booty."

RB, it's great how you are so articulate in your interview. I'd be like, "I buy veneno because vroom vroom, booty."

LOL, that was funny. So now i'll have "vroom vroom, booty" ringing in my head

LOL, that was funny. So now i'll have "vroom vroom, booty" ringing in my head

Name for the Record: Assman

What do you do for a living: Ass....man!

Why did you by a 4.3mil Lambo: Vroom Vroom BOOTY!

Can we nominate "Vroom Vroom, Booty" to go in the LP Hall of Fame right beside "Ballin on a Budget"?

:aiwebs_011: LOL, very funny!

Name for the Record: Assman

What do you do for a living: Ass....man!

Why did you by a 4.3mil Lambo: Vroom Vroom BOOTY!

Can we nominate "Vroom Vroom, Booty" to go in the LP Hall of Fame right beside "Ballin on a Budget"?

ballin on a budget was coined long ago before it was used here. Nappy Roots used it as a title to their song on their CD watermelon, chicken and gritz...

ballin on a budget was coined long ago before it was used here. Nappy Roots used it as a title to their song on their CD watermelon, chicken and gritz...

I stand corrected.

LOL. Thanks!

Kris, I missed this one, just realized you are getting one! Congrats!

Thanks Scotty!!!

:aiwebs_011: LOL, very funny!

After long talks with Aaron (VBOXKING) and Steve Waldie (Interstate Motorsport), I have decided to go for the green trimmed Veneno. One of the other owners wanted red, and after seeing Dario's renderings (Thank You, Dario), I actually prefer green. Steve and Aaron pointed out to me that this is the 50th Anniversary crazy Lambo and green is the only color option that is an original Lambo color (Thanks Guys). If you go back to the Miura SV and LP400, green was used as the show car color.

When I think of the original dream car that still eludes me, it is a green LP400. Originally I wanted the Veneno with the red trim, but after consideration and consultation, I am getting green. I am glad that another owner wanted red. If not, I would have been locked into red, and while I'd be just as happy, I think green is the best color for this car. If Aliens were to land here, I think they'd have it trimmed in green. So, I guess I'll be ready. :shocked: :celb:

post-24086-1363197193_thumb.jpg

post-24086-1363197202_thumb.jpg

genius

I think green is def the most alien of the bunch

Are those 3 the real cars or is that a render?

I agree. Green was the best choice!

I think green is def the most alien of the bunch

Thank You. I also think it is the most "Lambo." :eusa_dance:

Thank You! Those are ps renderings done by Dario. That is pretty close to what I think they will look like. He did a fantastic job. These renderings helped me decide! :icon_super:

I would think render, since it hasnt gone into production yet

LOL. Thanks!

After long talks with Aaron (VBOXKING) and Steve Waldie (Interstate Motorsport), I have decided to go for the green trimmed Veneno. One of the other owners wanted red, and after seeing Dario's renderings (Thank You, Dario), I actually prefer green.

Thank You. I also think it is the most "Lambo." :eusa_dance:

Thank You! Those are ps renderings done by Dario. That is pretty close to what I think they will look like. He did a fantastic job. These renderings helped me decide! :icon_super:

Thank you wery much RaginBull, i'm really happy for that, i think too that green is the best color for that car!

i'm glad to have been helpful for your choose, it's a pleasure for me do that!

I have added the 2 pictures you have posted so you can take the high resolution pics (the pic with 3 veneno is 7405X2070 px)

post-12198-1363205103_thumb.jpg

post-12198-1363205303_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I did a few more interviews. The guys at Jalopnik were great people! They are true car enthusiasts! He pulled out his laptop and had a dymo label along the bottom with a series of number and asked me, "Do you know what that is?" I fired back, "Yes I Do! That is the cylinder firing order of the Lamborghini V12!" He was surprised that I knew it, and from that point on we just talked cars very casually. I really enjoyed talking with them.

All the interviewers were very nice. It is easy to make someone who spends that kind of money on a car look like a jerk and I appreciate that, so far (fingers-crossed), everyone has written kindly about us.

A business magazine is doing a feature on me that should be out in the late summer/early fall. I plan to discuss my charity car event(s) with them. I hope to have some of the details worked out before it hits. I will let you guys know when it is coming.

We did a few more interviews at Geneva. It was a lot of fun. I am sure they will post and/or print soon.

That is just awesome, congrats on all your success! Definitely an inspiration to a lot of us. I haven't been able to stop talking about this car, and any time someone mentions the "5 mil" Lambo, I smile knowing that I will meet the owner soon and (more importantly :D) see the car in flesh! I'm sure the charity will get press world-wide.