Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

Crazy talk, lol. It's a spaceship. If the day comes that Lamborghinis satisfy the masses, that will be the day I lose faith in the brand. Polarizing = Lambo.

It's a good thing that many of you don't like it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Veneno in dark colors at the 50th looked amazing. It looks hideous in white, just as bad as any kit car I have seen.

Crazy talk, lol. It's a spaceship. If the day comes that Lamborghinis satisfy the masses, that will be the day I lose faith in the brand. Polarizing = Lambo.

:iamwithstupid:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The reason I had Lambo posters as a kid is because of how crazy the cars were, that's what made them awesome.

• 4 months later...
Black for me, it just looks pure evil.

Not the biggest fan of the black, I don't know if it is the photo or what not(never seen on in person..duh) But the black doesn't show the lines that well, to me at least. But a lamb V is a V at the end of the day

:monkeyleft:

• 1 month later...

At 11M, what's stopping the "potential buyer" to pay a visit to Lamborghini SpA and ask them to commission an one-off car like the Aventador-J? Exclusivity is ensured and it'll be brand new.

At 11M, what's stopping the "potential buyer" to pay a visit to Lamborghini SpA and ask them to commission an one-off car like the Aventador-J? Exclusivity is ensured and it'll be brand new.

You think they'd do that? They might need more than that to make a one off car street legal, unless the buyer owns his own country somewhere in the Middle East :icon_mrgreen:

You think they'd do that? They might need more than that to make a one off car street legal, unless the buyer owns his own country somewhere in the Middle East :icon_mrgreen:

Carbon tub, anything they bolt on will be street legal in most countries (including directionals, lights etc). V program probably cost 2 million at most. 11M can get you your own car from anyone thanks to CAD.

Perhaps but if they can make a Veneno street-legal, what's stopping them to do an one-off based on the A? After all, isn't that what the Aventador-J is and likewise for the Centenario?

Look at Ferrari, Eric Clapton commissioned them to make a one-off car for him based on an existing model. I'm sure Clapton is loaded but not to the point of Middle-Eastern affluence so I think it's entirely doable.

Keep in mind that we have a mutual friend who had been tinkering with that idea. Perhaps time will tell... :icon_thumleft:

Perhaps but if they can make a Veneno street-legal, what's stopping them to do an one-off based on the A? After all, isn't that what the Aventador-J is and likewise for the Centenario?

Look at Ferrari, Eric Clapton commissioned them to make a one-off car for him based on an existing model. I'm sure Clapton is loaded but not to the point of Middle-Eastern affluence so I think it's entirely doable.

Keep in mind that we have a mutual friend who had been tinkering with that idea. Perhaps time will tell... :icon_thumleft:

How would a one off's value hold compared to a Veneno?

How would a one off's value hold compared to a Veneno?

That likely would depend on its performance and styling. The power plant of the Aventador as it is has more to output (note the SV & the Centenario) and likely have plenty more with minimal mods. The chassis is more than good enough for more hp. Styling is in the judgement of the public I suppose. But the rarity would play a role in the value. It also depends on how many of these one-off's would Lambo make should they choose to take this route. We had seen the success and failure of bespoke/one-off models from high-end watches if that can be of any reference. Play it right and it's ka-ching, play it wrong and you'll be lucky to get 10cents from every dollar. But I doubt any of the one-off buyer is in for a quick flip anyway; at least the dealer should take care of that or there would be a some kind of agreement signed between the owner and Lambo. The quantity is already a non-issue so subject to how well it would be kept and the time passed, it would likely retain its value well.

Wow, that exact car was for sale privately for a bargain $7.5M last year.

Carbon tub, anything they bolt on will be street legal in most countries (including directionals, lights etc). V program probably cost 2 million at most. 11M can get you your own car from anyone thanks to CAD.

So true! As long as the passenger cell has been tested and passed I guess the rest isn't that big of a deal to get homologated.

I told our friend to get his/her act together!! Only time will tell if he or she listens to my advice :icon_mrgreen:

I told our friend to get his/her act together!! Only time will tell if he or she listens to my advice :icon_mrgreen:

Next time I see our friend, I'll be sure to add a good helping of the advice.