Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

It has.

Not in a positive way.

i think also you will like the ten million "italian flag" that will be displayed at Geneva carshow by those three hypercar. Ciao

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it definitely looks insane !!!!! love that lambo is willing to build smthg like that! glad to see that it is something that is actually very different to its 'donor'

hope it will be quite a bit lighter.

now, wats up with those rims, reventon style aerodynamics?

never sure of extra lines of paint.

now , italian flag u say.... so there is also a red and green one? that would be cool.\

when all is said and done, im sure i will love it in proper pics and in real life!

You guys are nutty. Lamborghini finally delivers an insane HyperCar and you guys complain like a bunch of women! ( no offense Carol lol)

I'm making this quote to keep a log of all the apologetic members after this thing is released and you see it live ;)

Why do you call it a hypercar? Do we know about some huge weight savings? Because a small horsepower bump, Aventador's platform, price and rarity are not enough to make it one. The F70 and the McLaren P1 will very likely destroy it on the track. I expected more.

I'm just curious - why? What benefit will this give the brand, to have a hypercar of only three units? Unless this is the "Reventon-esque" preview of what is to come - a proper hypercar from Lamborghini?

Lambo does "crazy" the best, it's insane, it's sold out!

I love that Lambo designs and builds outrageous cars for those who wouldn't care how many zeros they have to write on a cheque also without none of this adding an electric toaster in combination with an old recycled washing machine motor and than designing each panel based on what a computer tells you they should look like etc. etc.

£9.3 mil revenue on 3 cars, that's insane,I only see R and D $$$ which will do Lambo a world of good, smart move.

For those who complain this isn't a hypercar, it simply is, it's build in very limited numbers, with the rules book possibly thrown out the window and if they shaved 200 to 300 kg of the Aventador and bump the power by 40 HP you should hang on to your pants because this thing will not go easy on you.

In your face, outrageous, insane, mental, without regard for what anyone thinks, that's why I love Lambo.

I feel similarly to Fortis, and have said the following about the Revolting, the Sesto, and any other small-run car they've produced:

- It doesn't hurt existing car values, which certainly can't be said for the whoring they typically do with "special edition" color models.

- It provides exclusivity to those who prioritize it as a purchase rationale above other metrics (Middle East, Asia).

- It allows Lambo's design department and engineering corps to stay sharp by experimenting with materials and features that otherwise would stay limited to just computer screens.

- It drives a ton of press as the mainstream media gloms all over the extreme looks these cars typically have.

- It drives revenue, albeit in a small way, that the company puts towards other projects.

In short, I'd personally never purchase any of these cars no matter how much money was sitting in my bank account, but I'm glad they exist for the reasons outlined above.

For those who complain this isn't a hypercar, it simply is, it's build in very limited numbers, with the rules book possibly thrown out the window and if they shaved 200 to 300 kg of the Aventador and bump the power by 40 HP you should hang on to your pants because this thing will not go easy on you.

In your face, outrageous, insane, mental, without regard for what anyone thinks, that's why I love Lambo.

It might be a smart financial move, look outrageous, and be rare but that just makes it Reventon 2.0. A true hypercar would be something that could compete with the F70 and the P1. It would be something that would introduce new technologies and be a halo car for the brand. If you bring up Veneno a year from now, few will even remember what it was. Lamborghini was doing well getting away from the perception of more style than substance and Veneno does the opposite. I will however wait for the official announcement, maybe there is something more than meets the eye there.

I feel similarly to Fortis, and have said the following about the Revolting, the Sesto, and any other small-run car they've produced:

- It doesn't hurt existing car values, which certainly can't be said for the whoring they typically do with "special edition" color models.

- It provides exclusivity to those who prioritize it as a purchase rationale above other metrics (Middle East, Asia).

- It allows Lambo's design department and engineering corps to stay sharp by experimenting with materials and features that otherwise would stay limited to just computer screens.

- It drives a ton of press as the mainstream media gloms all over the extreme looks these cars typically have.

- It drives revenue, albeit in a small way, that the company puts towards other projects.

In short, I'd personally never purchase any of these cars no matter how much money was sitting in my bank account, but I'm glad they exist for the reasons outlined above.

It's a genius idea given the Lambo restrained budget. Development costs are low because the platform already exists. Sell the cars as you stated. Lots of attention and probably make some money too. Considering the development costs of the p1 and f70 this is a bargain. All the p1's will bring about 375 million. Dev costs I'm sure were over 300 million. Same with f70.

Vag lost money with the Veyron project.

One contradiction Mako. You can't say you wouldn't buy it if you were a gogillionaire you might. Hell, I bought a 1/1 bespoke guitar just because it was 1/1.

It might be a smart financial move, look outrageous, and be rare but that just makes it Reventon 2.0. A true hypercar would be something that could compete with the F70 and the P1. It would be something that would introduce new technologies and be a halo car for the brand. If you bring up Veneno a year from now, few will even remember what it was. Lamborghini was doing well getting away from the perception of more style than substance and Veneno does the opposite. I will however wait for the official announcement, maybe there is something more than meets the eye there.
we are talking about three special cars, already Sold, not of 499 production cars. That's an one off with two twins, better looking than the J.

I don't think there is a need for a P1, F70 competitor from Lambo.

When VAG want to demonstrate their prowess they do it through either Bugatti or Porsche, in all honesty if we are talking performance on the track etc. if VAG wanted a P1 or F70 competitor would get Audi to do it and without to many issues Audi would wipe the floor with the P1 and the F70 in that department.

Lambo does crazy and outrageous the best, not many companies do that anymore, I would love if they keep it this way for long time to come, my only complaint would be the unrelenting number of the same iteration and the longevity of the model cycle when it comes with production cars.

It might not sound too good to the serious petrol heads but isn't that a classic and proven successful business model: i.e. minimize costs (using existing know-how and readily available technologies) on making a few unique models (throw in the usual marketing spin like, "limited edition/production", "one-of-a-kind", "bespoke" etc... to guarantee attraction to clients from certain parts of the world); up whatever positive factors the brand is known & famous for a bit (in this case performance & wild looks) & charge the moon for them (which they have the rights to and will do so; no shortage of clients willing to pay that either). Collect the revenue for survival/sustainability and apply part of that to R&D which would trickle down to the "volume" models. Seems like a smart move to me.

And FWIW, we often criticize about a new Lambo design (myself included); re: LP640, LP560 etc...; but 6 months down the road, we start loving them. Lambo styling seems to follow that pattern.and market results had proven their successes.

It might not sound too good to the serious petrol heads but isn't that a classic and proven successful business model: i.e. minimize costs (using existing know-how and readily available technologies) on making a few unique models (throw in the usual marketing spin like, "limited edition/production", "one-of-a-kind", "bespoke" etc... to guarantee attraction to clients from certain parts of the world); up whatever positive factors the brand is known & famous for a bit (in this case performance & wild looks) & charge the moon for them (which they have the rights to and will do so; no shortage of clients willing to pay that either). Collect the revenue for survival/sustainability and apply part of that to R&D which would trickle down to the "volume" models. Seems like a smart move to me.

And FWIW, we often criticize about a new Lambo design (myself included); re: LP640, LP560 etc...; but 6 months down the road, we start loving them. Lambo styling seems to follow that pattern.and market results had proven their successes.

Good post, and I can definitely vouch for that last paragraph.

In terms of performance, to my extremely unscientific eye it looks like there's a lot of aero going on with this thing; the nose configuration reminds me of an Enzo or Huayra (or, holding back the urge to puke at the usual ridiculous PR spiel, an F1 car). Wouldn't surprise me if they've learnt a thing or two about incorporating better airflow signatures into their styling patterns, and it also wouldn't surprise me if this car is a bit of a track beast. Though, obviously, we know bugger all about its weight at the moment, or what level of opulence the interior will have.

Regarding the styling, like Nima said they seem to have taken inspiration from the Nissan GT-R (especially the pre-production designs), and it looks like they're trying to out-nutty the McLaren P1 while adding some branding throughline with nods back to the Sesto Elemento (is the production run vapourware at this point?). Looks more cohesive than McLaren's effort in my opinion, but still not really feeling it right now. Jaguar made by far the best design for the segment since the Zonda, it's a shame they didn't have the balls to follow through.

One final thing: the main point of a car like this is the PR aspect, right? Wouldn't it be better to sell 100 or 150 at a lower price point, providing enough capacity for the press to get hold of it, and for the car to have a public presence at shows, the occasional meet and on the road in the hottest markets? I don't know if the Reventon, Sesto Elemento or the various awesome concepts they've produced over the last decade have had enough long-term exposure to make an impact on most car enthusiasts.

It seems like they have found the perfect way to stay in the center of attention at those big car shows. Sort of like nerd-making-out-with-bar-refaeli ad at superbowl. Yes, there will be a game, winners, losers (cars unveiled, introduced, talked about) but next day everyone will be talking about the mental car Lamborghini showed. I don't see another reason for this Aventador J and Veneno type of exercises where they show a car that nobody can buy.

Loveeeeee it. Bring back bespoke auto programs. :eusa_dance:

I think it would be very beneficial for Lamborghini to make Ad Personam more like Mclaren Special Operations.