Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris,

Congrats!! We can't wait to see the new car and the aventador!

Thanks Alex! I was just texting with Steve eariler today. I'll see you guys soon!

I'm a multi Lambo owner not a keyboard warrior, check out my avatar :-)

Come back when you have a V10 and V12 in the garage and aren't forming your opinions on the odd test drive or photoshoot.

Come on...

post-8286-1362973418.gif

I think that's the point some of us have been trying to make - there is no new technology. A tuned motor and more CF...really.

Again I am not knocking the buyer, it's a smart move. It's one of three, no downside.

You are right, yet you are wrong.

When they launched the Sesto Elemento a couple years back they were demonstrating the new developments being made in their carbon fiber research center that was opened a few years back. At that time they showed just how light they can make a track day car.

With this they are implementing that tech into a road car. Yes it is just more carbon fiber, but that is the direction that Lamborghini has stated they are going. Lighter and better handling, not more powerful.

This car is exactly the directly that Lamborghini should be going. The Murcielago, Gallardo and Aventador have been pretty tame in appearance. Far from what the Countrach was back in the 70s. Exotic yes, but not extreme.

The Veneno is in your face screaming "fcuk YOU! You don't like? TRY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!" I LOVE that about this car. It goes back to the roots of why I've always loved Lamborghini since the day I first saw a picture of a Countach.

Lamborghini is the only company not afraid to be different. Everyone else made a predictable model.

lambo opted to go for batshit crazy.

I prefer batshit crazy :)

Yet I've always thought that Lamborghinis have two sides. One side will inspire while the other side flips the bird to everyone who's not listening. My guess is Chris Harris just doesn't take too kindly to being flipped off, so he'll go crawl back in the GT3 corner where it's safe. I agree with a lot of what Fortis said. There is a purpose for this car that some folks don't seem to understand. Outside of that, people should feel free to enjoy the other cars at the show for what they are too and not get so ruffled that the Lambo is doing the same thing that Lambos have done for fifty years; i.e. :icon_fU: . Happy birthday Lambo!

:iamwithstupid:

It is basically impossible to explain "it" to someone who doesn't get it. It's something people have to figure out for themselves.

At the end of the day all these discussions are irrelevant, love it or hate it Lambo does what Lambo does if you don't like it don't buy their product.

Some don't even buy their product, aren't even contemplating buying but they moan and bitch about it and the inner workings of Lamborghini, some bitch about it but continue buying, some walk but most will be back.

When the Gallardo replacement comes out they will sell just as well as the Aventador does, like hot cakes, you know why? because that segment is saturated with boring cars, 458/MP4 etc. it lacks excitement, if you think you are getting sweet deals on MP4's now, wait until the G replacement hits the road.

The simple truth is that people with $$ like the latests toys , flashy toys and they will spring for them, most don't care about racing heritage, fanboyism, DI, DCT, 0-60, Chris Harris irrelevant opinion, etc etc

Lambo will come out with some batshit crazy design and people will pull out their chequebooks, it's as simple as that.

So everyone here though Ferrari is a marketing genius :lol2:

At the end of the day all these discussions are irrelevant, love it or hate it Lambo does what Lambo does if you don't like it don't buy their product.

Some don't even buy their product, aren't even contemplating buying but they moan and bitch about it and the inner workings of Lamborghini, some bitch about it but continue buying, some walk but most will be back.

When the Gallardo replacement comes out they will sell just as well as the Aventador does, like hot cakes, you know why? because that segment is saturated with boring cars, 458/MP4 etc. it lacks excitement, if you think you are getting sweet deals on MP4's now, wait until the G replacement hits the road.

The simple truth is that people with $$ like the latests toys , flashy toys and they will spring for them, most don't care about racing heritage, fanboyism, DI, DCT, 0-60, Chris Harris irrelevant opinion, etc etc

Lambo will come out with some batshit crazy design and people will pull out their chequebooks, it's as simple as that.

So everyone here though Ferrari is a marketing genius :lol2:

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Just looking at the car, the aero seems extreme in a way that I have not seen in previous Lamborghini road cars. The optimization for track ability looks as serious as the Gallardo converted to Super Trofeo race car but retaining the road legal status. If track times prove competitive, then I would consider this car a full success. Optimizing 700+HP, suspension, aero, tyres and AWD in a track car is an exciting direction which I have not seen before. The Veyron is too heavy for track work, while twin turbo Gallardos are under tired and perhaps lacking in down force. Within the right track. I hope the Veneno to perform better than the P1 and F150 chiefly because of AWD for the slowest sections and good or equal down force for the faster turns.

many people forget that LP700 already has a ful CF hub and push rod suspensions: Ferrari had to build a special serie F150 to have at least the full CF hub. This is a fact.

And Veneno is clearly inspired to Audi R18 aero so maybe it will have even more downforce than the F150: who knows? nobody tested them!

And the F150 displays FF and F12 engine, just tuned up.

At the end the F150 has just an electric motor and some battery more than Veneno: i think Ferrari are marketing genious if so many says that the soso looking 1,5 million F150 is a so special car and the Veneno just a rebodied Aventador.

Lambo is developing an Hybrid LP700 so i think one day (not too far away) there will be an Hybrid flagship Lambo too.

I do not want to say what is better and what is worse, but at Geneva there were even more people looking at the V than at the LALAF150: this is a fact.

A Lambo must shock people with its look, and V is a champion in doing that: so, where is the problem?

And who cares of what Chris Harris says?

I like the V. and i like the P1 and like the F150 too. I prefer the V, my personal choice, so anyone can have his own opinion without trying to demonstrate others choices are wrong.

ciao

post-23010-1362991784_thumb.jpg

post-23010-1362991986_thumb.jpg

post-23010-1362992046_thumb.jpg

post-23010-1362992221_thumb.jpg

post-23010-1362992400_thumb.jpg

I think that what everyone missed was that white Aventador Roadster, IMO, it is looks vice star of the show, just on the right side of good taste and probably one of the best looking cars ever.

P1, LaF, 918 all look more cohesive and sane than Veneno, as a car nut I just love these all! But I am absolutely sure that everyone here (other than maybe gallardopete (or bwuk)) would be beyond excited to have even a one go in super rare racetrack-spaceship that is Veneno. And drive that car fast on a country side and I am sure people will call ufo sights to 911. :D

It's like comparing apples and oranges to T-1000.

But I am sure it wont hurt Raginbull that he has also Aventador Roadster on order. ;)

Why would I give two shits about what some other person thinks of the car. Its fine that you don't like it, that is your opinion and it is definitely not the general consensus. The 3 owners are very happy about it.

Chris Harris's comments were very biased, I don't think anyone will fully agree him except FerrariF*gs.

The only point I agree with him is that the Gallardo is 10 years old !

We need a new model with new technology rather than superspecial! Gallardo variants with updated body panels!

I think that what everyone missed was that white Aventador Roadster, IMO, it is looks vice star of the show, just on the right side of good taste and probably one of the best looking cars ever.

That's true: +1

I think Raginbull is clearly the problem here. I mean why did he have to go and buy the bloody thing.

What a git.

Everything is his fault, I told him to go for a R8 V10 but no, he had to go buy a spaceship instead :rolleyes:

And the F150 displays FF and F12 engine, just tuned up.

At the end the F150 has just an electric motor and some battery more than Veneno: i think Ferrari are marketing genious if so many says that the soso looking 1,5 million F150 is a so special car and the Veneno just a rebodied Aventador.

This is what I don't get. The Veneno's biggest difference is the hybrid powertrain that the P1/918/LaF have, and I wouldn't say that's a bad thing at all. Aside from that, in the grand scheme of things, they all have similar approaches to a super sports car, but with just a few differences particular to the brand's identity. Lambo goes for extreme in every sense; Ferrari goes for the F1 imitation; the 918 goes for the Teutonic techie approach; and the P1 is going for the LeMans inspiration. I'm sure they'll all go like balls, and only a few select people in the world have the ability to run them all at 10/10ths, the level at which their differences would become truly evident. There is a market for each one, and frankly I'm glad that they all exist. Furthermore, I'm also glad that a true enthusiast like RaginBull is lucky enough to be one of those who will be able to experience the Veneno and give feedback on it. If anything, it seems now that Lambo is hitting on passion and capturing the emotional aspect of supercars moreso than Ferrari, that were for a long time the brand that persisted on passion.

Also, I don't know whether it's a good sign or a bad sign that a car with 750hp, 7 speed paddle-shift gearbox, AWD, braking and aero that rival full-on race cars, and performance capabilities that are above and beyond what 99% of people could ever dream to utilize.... is, from the perspective of a few people, somehow considered pathetic in the world of sports cars. The idea that dual-clutch and DI are absolutely NECESSARY for a supercar is just bizarre to me. If Lambo can achieve the desired customer-pleasing end-product without needing such things, what's the problem? The truth is there are race cars with MUCH LESS impressive technology that could perform on-par with any of the newest supercars. Are people more concerned with specifications than actually with how it drives and makes them feel? Are people's expectations so insane that anything other than the absolute latest and greatest "NASA/F1/Military-derived" technology is worthless (even if that tech is at the expense of other things)? Or are we all spoiled because there are 4-place saloons and avants (and maybe even SUVs) that can out-run Lamborghini and Ferrari's finest from not too long ago, that we now demand systems that are not tremendously advantageous primarily for the mental perception of it?

Also, the LaF in those pictures looks downright awful. I hope in real life it doesn't appear so bloated and flat.

Well said, speedy4500.

Because some folks like the raw feel of a single clutch banged out shift rather than just watching the tach move when climbing to the next gear.

Some don't give a fcuk about having a hybrid powertrain that was really installed to appease the car-ignorant public.

The fact that Lambo had the balls to throw a finger at these conventions and come out with a showstopper is why I like Lambo in the first place. This car just reinforces that and, that's probably the point.

The coolest part is that the sale price covers a fair amount of R&D costs which will trickle down to the "normal" Lambos that mere mortals like myself (unlike RaginBull, lol) are resigned to have. Add to that the extremely limited production and there is a genuine value in owning the ultimate example of a legendary carmaker. No way is this overpriced. There's plenty of wealthy people in this world who could have written that check, but they didn't go that route. I mean, fcuk: one of three!!!

RaginBull, congrats on this acquisition!!

RaginBull, congrats on this acquisition!!

Thank You!! I am working with some good people who have experience setting up charity events to get this going. I hope to have the ThethetheFerrari, P1, FXX, Enzo, and many more involved in the event!