Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a Motortrend interview a while back, he agreed the Aventador's ISR gearbox and no direct injection weren't competitive. A Honda Civic has di.

I thought we had already been over the DI talks. Its got 700 horsepower. It could have bunnies jumping up and down inside the engine to produce the power for all that matters, its still has 700 hp!

Well said, speedy4500.

Because some folks like the raw feel of a single clutch banged out shift rather than just watching the tach move when climbing to the next gear.

Some don't give a fcuk about having a hybrid powertrain that was really installed to appease the car-ignorant public.

The fact that Lambo had the balls to throw a finger at these conventions and come out with a showstopper is why I like Lambo in the first place. This car just reinforces that and, that's probably the point.

The coolest part is that the sale price covers a fair amount of R&D costs which will trickle down to the "normal" Lambos that mere mortals like myself (unlike RaginBull, lol) are resigned to have. Add to that the extremely limited production and there is a genuine value in owning the ultimate example of a legendary carmaker. No way is this overpriced. There's plenty of wealthy people in this world who could have written that check, but they didn't go that route. I mean, fcuk: one of three!!!

RaginBull, congrats on this acquisition!!

:iamwithstupid: 750 hp, less weight, revised suspension, etc. All of that may see its way to the upcoming Aventadors. Not to mention the things they would have learned about aero and cooling that can be implemented on their other cars.

I don't want to see this thread turn into a Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini bash party. They have all released amazing cars recently, and not just their hyper cars. It is all about what the customer likes. They are all great for different reasons.

To suggest that the La-Ferrari, P1 or Veneno are subpar is far from accurate. They are all amazing works of science and art. We, as a community of car enthusiasts, should celebrate all of them. Which technology they choose to use to get the job done is merely a preference. There are many ways to skin the cat, or in this case, lap times. They will all compete on the highest level of street legal cars. As stated above, they are all beyond 99.9% of the drivers ability and will rarely, if ever, be pushed anywhere near the cars limits. So, do the lap times really matter?

Magazines and TV shows have made people think that certain things are old technology and "if they aren't doing it this way, they are out of date." So, if a company releases a 2000 hp stick shift that is lightweight with amazing aero and it beats all these cars, is it old technology and because of that it doesn't count? Does the lap time difference really matter? What matters? In my opinion, the delivery of the power is just as important as the power itself. How many of these hyper cars will see speeds above 180 mph? They will all see 0-60, 60-130, and maybe up to 180 mph at a track.

There are catch phrases they can all use.

La-Ferrari and the P1 have new hybrid technology, and they will get from 130-200 mph quicker and they have the smoother double clutch.

The Veneno has AWD, NA V12 and will post better speeds from 0-130 mph while having the more thrilling single clutch.

Each of those great features can also be used as negatives if you phrase them differently.

Ferrari and McLaren

"La-Ferrari and the P1 have new hybrid technology" - So these hyper cars have new battery technology that is in its infancy and will be obsolete in 10 years?

"... will get from 130-200 mph quicker and they have the smoother double clutch." - Those speeds won't been seen often and the smooth double clutch is not as much fun to many when you are pushing it.

Lamborghini

"The Veneno has AWD" - RWD is more fun and the Ferrari and Mac probably have tech that can match the cornering benefits or at least get close enough

"... NA V12 and will post better speeds from 0-130 mph while having the more thrilling single clutch" - NA has Less hp and is much slower from 130-200 mph. Single clutch shifts are slightly slower and make the ride rougher which some do not care for.

It can be argued a million different ways. Truth is, none of that matters. They are all great and they will all be amazing on road and track.

I don't want to see this thread should turn into a Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini bash party. They have both released amazing cars recently, and not just their hyper cars. It is all about what the customer likes. They are all great for different reasons.

To suggest that the La-Ferrari, P1 or Veneno are subpar is far from accurate. They are all amazing works of science and art. We, as a community of car enthusiasts, should celebrate all of them. Which technology they choose to to get the job done is merely a preference. There are many ways to skin the cat, or in this case, lap times. They will all compete on the highest level of street legal cars. As stated above, they are all beyond 99.9% of the drivers ability and will rarely, if ever, be pushed anywhere near the cars limits. So, do the lap times really matter?

Magazines and TV shows have made people think that certain things are old technology and "if they aren't doing it this way, they are out of date." So, if a company releases a 2000 hp stick shift that is lightweight with amazing aero and it beats all these cars, is it old technology and because of that it doesn't count? Does the lap time difference really matter? What matters? In my opinion, the delivery of the power is just as important as the power itself. How many of these hyper cars will see speeds above 180 mph? They will all see 0-60, 60-130, and maybe up to 180 mph at a track.

There are catch phrases they can all use.

La-Ferrari and the P1 have new hybrid technology, will get from 130-200 mph quicker and they have the smoother double clutch.

The Veneno has AWD, NA V12 and will post better speeds from 0-130 mph while having the more thrilling single clutch.

Each of those great features can also be used as negatives if you phrase them differently.

Ferrari and McLaren

"La-Ferrari and the P1 have new hybrid technology" - So these hyper cars have new battery technology that is in its infancy and will be obsolete in 10 years?

"... will get from 130-200 mph quicker and they have the smoother double clutch." - Those speeds won't been seen often and the smooth double clutch is not as much fun to many when you are pushing it.

Lamborghini

"The Veneno has AWD" - RWD is more fun and the Ferrari and Mac probably have tech that can match the cornering benefits or at least get close enough

"... NA V12 and will post better speeds from 0-130 mph while having the more thrilling single clutch" - NA has Less hp and is much slower from 130-200 mph. Single clutch shifts are slightly slower and make the ride rougher which some do not care for.

It can be argued a million different ways. Truth is, none of that matters. They are all great and they will all be amazing on road and track.

:iamwithstupid:

Lets get to the real issues here, will the Veneno be hitting the dyno? :icon_mrgreen:

agreed! Glad to have one of these special cars state side.

Thank You! Between the other USA owner and myself, the Veneno's will be on the road a lot.

RB, do you know if the veneno prototype will be made available for testing by the media?

I don't know. If it is, people will learn very quickly that it is not an Aventador with a body kit. :eusa_dance:

For me the Veneno is an amazing piece of art design that wants to be extreme. Its shows that Lamborghini is going in the right direction. If they manage to shave 275lbs, probably more, add more hp improve Aerodynamics this will benefit future models in all ways. About the transmission IRS vs DCT some people will like more smooth and faster shifts but other will like more the brutal shifts of the IRS for me lamborghini should make their cars with the two options IRS or DCT but either way I dont know if that is possible or if it will be any gains achieved with this move. And don't get me wrong but with all the CF the Veneno has, how lightweight the car is with the brutal aerodynamics , and if it can put the power down properly, when everything is said and done it wouldn't surprise me that Lamborghini could improve their 0-60 to 2.6-2.7 and 0-100 in mid 5s. Regardless to say this is just my opinion. :icon_thumleft:

in the same year lamborghini made this one:

lamborghini-cala-02.jpg

One year in Scouts I made a pinewood derby car that was modeled after that. I need to see if I can find it anywhere.

I see a rearview camear but I don't see a screen in the car? Will it be in the mirror or on the digital dash?

post-24965-1363027547_thumb.jpg

I had a conversation with person today. Knowledgeable person with trusted credentials. This is what I was told:-

The third of the 3 wild Veneno cars has been purchased by an asian gentleman. The same gent purchased the Aventador J

The purchaser, whilst far east based, has a home in Andalucia. The J has been spotted on the road at several locations near his home.

There is a good chance that the 3rd Veneno will reside at the Andalucia residence and therefore remain in europe.

Apparently this purchaser is a serious collector and a dues paid petrolhead.

Holiday in Marbella anyone?

i like the Veneno

the design may be a bit busy from some angle but 100% sure it is the first car in years that amazes me and it was something i would have never aspect to see

in this way veneno is a real lamborghini

congrats to the owner!

WOW. Look at this photo:

28991_10151310024160108_471822027_n.jpg

Let you imagination run wild a bit (or if you down a few hard liquor) and you'll see Darth Vader's head and his cape flying over it.

I see a rearview camear but I don't see a screen in the car? Will it be in the mirror or on the digital dash?

k_bigpic.jpg

My guess is the TFT display will switch from the speedo/tacho to show the rear view.

congrats to the owner!

Thanks Emilio!

So I hate to ask, but if for some reason there is any damage to any of the V's, will Lambo help you guys out and repair it?

I would send it on a plane back to the factory for repairs. I pray that I never have to do that.

An area of the TFT displays the rearview camera.

WOW. Look at this photo:

28991_10151310024160108_471822027_n.jpg

I love this view.

What are the Green/white/Red switches? are them used to set the car in Strada/Sport/Corsa settings?

post-12198-1363075867.jpg