Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

Sorry to hear about the trouble, RB.

I really wish that Lambopower would revert to the "members only" status that it had before. Just that simple 24 hour block for new members does a bunch to keep things sane.

I certainly share less because this protection is no longer in place here. Shame.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That mindset has been long disolved with the current generation

I've actually gotten angry reading some of the comments left on RB's page.

I sure could go for a modern plague for about 90% of people.

+100 on that!

I really wish that Lambopower would revert to the "members only" status that it had before. Just that simple 24 hour block for new members does a bunch to keep things sane.

I certainly share less because this protection is no longer in place here. Shame.

:icon_thumleft: :iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

+1 for LamboPower going back to "members only". In this day and age, discretion is of utmost importance.

Congrats on the Veneno delivery RB. You certainly own a piece of Lamborghini's modern history.

Im sorry to hear about your troubles RB

I tend to keep a fairly private life and don't care to share it with the world... I remember when LP stopped being a restricted access site and thinking well, great another site that I will post on once in a while like FB, It definitely has changed my posting on the site (what little impact I have).

Couldn't agree more with Webster and Fortis - LP should be more private, I'm super cautious (its my personality not an $ issue) but I would love to be more open on the forum.

On a side note, my wife and I have become a little uncomfortable by some of the comments by strangers on IG. So, yesterday, I took all the pics of my kids off of my page. That was the most enjoyable part of IG; Sharing pics of our kids and vice versa with people like Chad, Rob, etc. I can still do it via private message but feeling like I have to make it private kind of ruins it.

Owning a piece of Lamborghini's history has been a great experience, and I guess I should have expected it, but some people go way over the line. I still plan to do the charity events with my cars but unfortunately I will not be as open with any future projects.

Sad to hear that. Supercars generate people's envy, hypercars generate even more envy, the most outrageous and expensive hypercar in the world (your one) generates tons of envy in mentally diseased people. Instead of appreciating you show and talk them a thing they could even never learn anything about, their envy causes bad situations: i saw something like that just for an old Countach so i can imagine what a mess of "problems" can cause a 4 M USD hypercar fully shared worldwide via social media.

We live in a very stupid world.

ciao

Sad to hear that. Supercars generate people's envy, hypercars generate even more envy, the most outrageous and expensive hypercar in the world (your one) generates tons of envy in mentally diseased people. Instead of appreciating you show and talk them a thing they could even never learn anything about, their envy causes bad situations: i saw something like that just for an old Countach so i can imagine what a mess of "problems" can cause a 4 M USD hypercar fully shared worldwide via social media.

We live in a very stupid world.

ciao

sorry to hear about this to, Kris

yes, true ...

a friend has someone telling him " don't you think you should be ashamed driving a 430 when e am driving a fiat punto??" while refueling...

he told the dude " i think you should ask yourself what you did wrong for it to happen"

this ended up like this ...but i can think this kind of things can degenerate quickly ...lot of crazy people out there...some have real mental issues

be carefull

Sad to hear about the stupid comments. We live in a time where people are not willing to do anything to get their own yet spout hate and stupid comments to those that do work hard and are able to make something of themselves. Worst part is when they make stupid statements about ones family. I always enjoyed seeing your pics with your kids and how happy they are. You should make a private IG for us LP members, and keep one for public. :)) you know we are always supportive. With that said dont let stupid comments bring you down. Enjoy yourself with your lovely family and enjoy the lambos to the fullest.

I haven't driven it enough to share reactions. A few people asked me, "What is it?" and "How much?"

That would be absolutely crazy.

Both of my parents are brilliant and amazing people. Our businesses are 100% independent of each other.

This is not in response to your above comment:

On a side note, my wife and I have become a little uncomfortable by some of the comments by strangers on IG. So, yesterday, I took all the pics of my kids off of my page. That was the most enjoyable part of IG; Sharing pics of our kids and vice versa with people like Chad, Rob, etc. I can still do it via private message but feeling like I have to make it private kind of ruins it.

Owning a piece of Lamborghini's history has been a great experience, and I guess I should have expected it, but some people go way over the line. I still plan to do the charity events with my cars but unfortunately I will not be as open with any future projects.

I'm sorry to hear that but i think it's normal what's happening. A lot of people just hid their special moment because people can ruin them. I saw some videos you shared about your son and his cars and they were hilarious but maybe i agree that some things should keep private or at least be shared in a protected area just to prevent this kind of damage. I bet that half of the people are following you on IG just because you bought a "Very expensive car" ( for most of people it's not a Lamborghini Veneno but just a 'some milion car') . I really hope this doesn't go to create problems to you and your family and hope you'll not lose the passion to share your stuff (even if less than normal).

PS: I don't think to be the only one who think that sometimes on IG you have been too much polite and relaxed with answers.

That is a smart move to remove your vid/photos of your kids Kris, considering your IG blew up in the last few days.

Another tip is to NEVER mention you are out of town because that's what the girl with the "batventador" Aventador did on Facebook and when she arrived home only to find out her house was broken into.

What the hell?? :shock:

Really sad to hear yet another great guy gets put down because of some idiots on public media ... don't they have work to do instead of posting stupid comments?

I know we all really appreciate you've been sharing so much with us RB, I sure know I enjoy it tremendously.

Just to show how 'simple' some people are ... I keep getting the same question on a regular basis for free brochures, free posters ... heck even sponsoring their college ... I usually have to buy these folders and scale cars too, and I also have three kids that need to go through college ... I work 8 hours in my daytime job and usually another 6 to 8 hours into the evening to make it all match together ... and I still can't afford a Lamborghini (I'm being sarcastic here ... lol)

But I love reading about your cars and how you enjoy them ... why would I feel envy or be jealous about it ... you work for it too so you deserve it ... instead of hiding these amazing cars in a garage you at least drive them ... too bad some people can't cope with that and try to ruin your fun by dragging family into it ... they should be ashamed of themselves.

Live and let live would be a nice idea for so many out there ... I still hope you'll enjoy each and every car you have and don't let people put you down or make you feel bad about owning them ... if you work hard you can afford the better things in life.

The Veneno pictures are off RB's page. Its probably a good idea at this point considering all this issues he's having. Its sad that other people have to ruining our daily motivation looking at Kris's page. :crybaby2: Maybe theres a possibility that RB can have an LP member only Instagram account in the future

I'm very sorry to hear about Kris..

I just went to your IG and noticed that you deleted all photos. Very sad that some of people disturb your enthusiasm, On-line world makes all people connect but that connection can cause bad things and damage someone's private thing and life.

I really felt feared when many people pay attention to your Veneno and some other personal questions. Hope you be better about those. Ignore when you think it's not an important thing.

I said it before and I will say it again, privacy is our number one commodity, some of us give it up too easily.

Your own kindness will end up hurting you, seeing shots of your children on your Instagram and knowing how many crazies are around made me cringe, I am very happy you've decided to take their photos off.

I am sorry to hear your issues but I knew this was coming, no Instagram, Facebook etc for me, I loved the fact that LP was private hence me feeling a lot more comfortable posting but I understand opening it increased advertising potential and revenue and that's beneficial and deserved by the site owners, I feel, for me, a locked LP was the last bastion.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Oversharing is a problem, a big one. Not everyone's happy about somebody else's successful life and toys and the extreme ones out there will try to do something about it. No such thing as only positive attention. Glad you're taking steps to protect yourself and your family.

Thanks fellas. I don't mind some of the idiot comments, but the threats are what took it too far.

Sorry to hear that RB. I could see the threats coming early on due to all of the headlines published: "4 million dollar Lamborghini" "only 3 in the world" etc etc

Loved the DuPont video, felt like I was there, amazing car, can only imagine what it looks like in person.

Are you doing any car shows this year? I'm going to be in So. Florida Feb. 22 - March 3rd, was hoping to catch a glimpse of the car, but with the privacy issues you've ran into I can see plans changing! Thanks for sharing your experience, keep us posted :)

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't even want to drive the Veneno again for a while. People always complain that cars like this end up in the hands of speculators and never with real car guys. I thought that because I drive my cars and plan to use them to bring attention to charities, I could help change the attitude towards super car owners. Unfortunately, there are a few ignorant people out there who are determined to ruin it for everyone. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It isn't an ego thing for me. I don't care about fame, certainly not fame for spending a lot of money on a car - that alone is not respectable. Most of the insulting comments roll off me like rain, it was the few threats to my family that have made me decide to halt the party. I still plan to proceed with the charity events but I will keep a low profile with my Veneno outside of that.

Sad to hear about the stupid comments. We live in a time where people are not willing to do anything to get their own yet spout hate and stupid comments to those that do work hard and are able to make something of themselves. Worst part is when they make stupid statements about ones family. I always enjoyed seeing your pics with your kids and how happy they are. You should make a private IG for us LP members, and keep one for public. :) ) you know we are always supportive. With that said don't let stupid comments bring you down. Enjoy yourself with your lovely family and enjoy the lambos to the fullest.

Amen. When I look at my life as we all would do, I can see the choices I've made and the paths that resulted, and how in making those choices I could at least predict roughly enough where they would lead. If I come up short, there is no one to blame but myself and it's obvious. If I come up short of what someone else has achieved, my choices are just as obvious and perfectly acceptable. I just can't understand where people come to the conclusion that they play such a minimal role in their lot in life. Action = consequence. EASY!

Kris, I saw your Instagram once and could see your family oriented priorities right off the bat. I figure this is a good thing though. You do share a lot of your experience with the car, but I think that the value in sharing comes from having a relevant audience. I have a small object at home that is rare and took me a long time to acquire. Few people in the world know about it, and even fewer understand what it's all about. Of the dozen or so people that do understand it, I only like half of them. Thus, there really isn't a reason for me to share the object with a wide audience that has no understanding of it and no understanding of why I have it because doing that nets nothing and may even detract from the fun I get out of it. I likely won't even show it to some random guest who is in the room with it. I have no interest in selling it, and will likely pass it to my son when I'm gone since he's where the meaning in my life is vectored. This object's value is therefore confined. I can only enjoy it for myself and a few other people. So be it, I can't change that.

Yet another example is back when I might take a jet to an airshow for static display. I might be tasked to stand around it and answer questions, but the value in that quickly becomes apparent. The average bloke asking how fast it goes or what the pitot tube is, is a waste of time because 1) he can find that information on his own, and 2) I could be having a valuable conversation with someone else or just envisioning taking a shit later. The answer that comes out feels empty like wasted air through my lungs. I didn't care if I furthered good PR for the military, or whatever. I didn't dream, work, sweat, and sacrifice to do all this shit just so I could be someone's entertainment on Saturday in Tumbleweed, Iowa. I'm really only standing there for the little kid to step outside of his comfort zone and ask me what flying the jet feels like or how he can do it, just like I did when I was little and full of dreams. He's a relevant audience. He NEEDS to know about it or at least hear it from me -- his parents don't. It means something to talk to him or tour him around the jet. The value in that audience is a two-way street. I'm waiting for the old timer to come up and spark the memories of when he was flying hard and living fast...give him a way to touch his life's highlights with someone who speaks his language after so many years of being limited in what he can say by people who don't understand. I've learned to chaff off that portion of the audience that is of little value, and focus my attention on that portion that is relevant so that we can maximize what we do have and avoid lessening it in any way.

The point of all this being that I think we are all secretly looking to share our enthusiasm with others. It's just a matter of finding out who wants share it with you because if someone doesn't want to share it with you, you might as well just have a conversation about the weather. Everyone has the weather in common, but the other things in life narrow that conversation to something exciting. When you get so narrow that you're having experiences that can only be accessed through a soda straw, there aren't as many people who can go on that journey with you and you can't change that. No matter how high your desire to share is, being charitable with your experiences isn't always possible because the straw is only so big. The fact that you're looking for these experiences is what defines the size of the straw in the first place and makes it fun. This Instagram thing is just a good example of focusing your fun on the right target. I think you'll be happier for it to just hang with your buds and keep the value high.[/soapbox]

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't even want to drive the Veneno again for a while. People always complain that cars like this end up in the hands of speculators and never with real car guys. I thought that because I drive my cars and plan to use them to bring attention to charities, I could help change the attitude towards super car owners. Unfortunately, there are a few ignorant people out there who are determined to ruin it for everyone. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It isn't an ego thing for me. I don't care about fame, certainly not fame for spending a lot of money on a car - that alone is not respectable. Most of the insulting comments roll off me like rain, it was the few threats to my family that have made me decide to halt the party. I still plan to proceed with the charity events but I will keep a low profile with my Veneno outside of that.

Just wanted to say thank you for your efforts in sharing with us enthusiasts. I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures in between carving up the ski hills in VT.

I never read any of the replies/posts on IG, for the same reason as above (or youtube for that matter).

I can't understand the need for people to get the most amount of likes/friends/top comment/hater comments. Reminds me of the D. Wiggs video buying a car-present for his wife.

I have no interest in being an internet celebrity. I don't get it either. It is fun to share experiences with other enthusiasts but as noted it's nearly impossible with any public forum. Oh well. I tried.

Now the next step is to delete the 31k strangers that have added you, and keep only the people you know and turn your IG to private.

I gave 600 something followers and I know how I know each and every one.

I use to be a pretty open book on MySpace and Facebook, I didn't have my profiles on private and didn't care who saw what I was doing.

Now that I'm older, have a son and have different priorities.. If I don't know ya,I don't want you knowing a thing about me.

Such a shame a few have to ruin it for everyone, especially you Kris. I know you were sharing the photos and experience to be nice and you are excited and proud of your children, as you should be. I loved seeing pictures and videos of your kids because they are adorable and funny. Completely understandable that you took all the photos down.

Don't worry about the other people. Enjoy your life as you are, to the fullest!

P.s. what do you do for a living? :P :eusa_wall: