Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in being an internet celebrity. I don't get it either. It is fun to share experiences with other enthusiasts but as noted it's nearly impossible with any public forum. Oh well. I tried.

Yes, many of us (me too) here at least one time tried to share the car passion we have on social forums, as it's very pleasant to share it. But every time you meet some stupids on your path that ruin everything. I want to tell you a thing: yes, there are some stupids, but there are a lot pleasant and polite people, by far in a bigger number than the stupid ones. But it looks like that every single stupid writes on a social forum. Why? because there is no filter on a social forum, even a mental diseased can write without asking any permission. And it looks social forums are like a magnet to mentally diseased people: maybe because just there they can find someone that listen them? Who knows... We all know you are a very pleasant and polite guy, Kris: everyone here (and most of the other forum readers, for sure) appreciates a lot you shared your joy for receiving that awesome car. Thank you very much for sharing that! I would suggest you to share your cars just through LP or other "specialized" forums, smaller, where moderators are very effective and they are not classic social forums like IG, FB and so on. Here we know what it means to be a car enthusiast and why we put a lof of our money (the number depends just from how much money we have) in that passion and we (most of us, not me...) are by far more intelligent than the average, a feature that does not have any links with money, fortunately, but it's a sort of insurance against bad surprises that always turns you down.

So, you stepped on a "mine" while jumping for joy: that's very sad, but fortunately you did not "damage" yourself too much, so who cares!

:icon_thumleft:

ciao

I haven't been on LP over a couple weeks and am late to the party. At least I did notice the Veneno had been delivered through other outlets. I've read over the posts from my hiatus and I just wanted to throw in my own congratulations on the delivery of this amazing car, Kris.

Sorry to hear that the experience has been tarnished by individuals through social media. It can be a fun experience to share to the world, but it can become a nightmare. Thank you for sharing the experience period, but thank you for sharing it in greater detail and with a more personal touch in this forum.

I hope you enjoy your Veneno to the fullest in whichever ways you see fit. Congrats!

If I never see your Veneno again but that means your family is safer then it's worth it.

:iamwithstupid:

Don't let the heathens ruin the experience you worked so hard for.

Remember, we do have a private section here as well, though it seems to be wildly underutilized.

I have no interest in being an internet celebrity. I don't get it either. It is fun to share experiences with other enthusiasts but as noted it's nearly impossible with any public forum. Oh well. I tried.

Really disappointed to hear how all of this played out but can't blame you in the least bit. As someone mentioned above, family is more important than cars!! The way you shared your experiences with fellow enthusiasts on IG really showed your passion and was a huge source of motivation. I wish your account could go back to the way it used to be but I know this isn't possible without starting over and making a private account....something I know you may not want to take the time to do! Regardless, thanks for giving it a try brother :icon_thumleft:

Sucks. Only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. The larger the bunch, the more likely you are to run across some apples with serious problems. The fact that your desire to drive the car has been severely decreased makes me sad (it's completely understandable). These idiots took one of the greatest moments in your life and decided to mess it up simply because they could. Don't let the jaded maggots get to you. Drive the car for yourself. Enjoy it as much as possible. That's the best anti-troll advice I can think of. The platitudes others have expressed are all true. You have been a great asset and inspiration. Thank you for that.

Great post Single Seat. I completely agree, although now I am picturing you as Indiana Jones.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't even want to drive the Veneno again for a while. People always complain that cars like this end up in the hands of speculators and never with real car guys. I thought that because I drive my cars and plan to use them to bring attention to charities, I could help change the attitude towards super car owners. Unfortunately, there are a few ignorant people out there who are determined to ruin it for everyone. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It isn't an ego thing for me. I don't care about fame, certainly not fame for spending a lot of money on a car - that alone is not respectable. Most of the insulting comments roll off me like rain, it was the few threats to my family that have made me decide to halt the party. I still plan to proceed with the charity events but I will keep a low profile with my Veneno outside of that.

Wow, this makes me really sad to read, but I understand completely and would do the same if I was in your shoes. I hope things turn and work out for the best for you and your family.

Audi, I'll take that as a good thing so long as nobody around here writes any messages on their eye lids.

The Veneno is still an inspiration to my boy, so it doesn't take much for the car to keep working it's magic. We don't need no stinkin' Instagram. Wise to be mindful of the crazies and privacy issues out there, so I'll help fight the haters with a recently declassified pic of mine. Short help is better than no help.

ShortHelp2_zps66712542.jpg

RB, your best bet would be to delete your current Instagram and make a private one. I have been following you since you first made it and I immediately noticed the negativity after Motor Trend gave you that shoutout on delivery day that attracted thousands of new followers. Sad to see that people making you feel uncomfortable sharing your ownership experiences anywhere. Hoping for the best Kris. Hoping all this doesn't take away too much from the insane experience from that beautiful machine!

I second the notion of making LP private again! :turboalex:

RB, it really surprised me what you have written about people that insulted you and your family.

i'm really out of the games and sorry if i'm not in the position to write this because i'm not a lambo owner. As enthusiast sometimes i feel really unsure to live amazing experiences that (in my mind) i should not deserve to miself.

I'm just one of the thousand enthusiast in the world and i can't even figure out how heavy is this situation for you and your family but if i can give you an advice, do not let idiots ruin your passion. I agree with reduce personal pictures on the web but i really hope that in your personal life you're not going to overshadow your passion.

The price of being famous :icon_mrgreen:

The most important and smartest thing you are doing at the moment is that you are taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your family, if I were you I'd delete everything immediately, clean all your social networks off all information and get on with my life, in anonymity from the public, share your most intimate experiences with your family and your trusted inner circle!

Anonymity you require in order to keep the haters, nasties and crazies at bay, don't be naive in thinking that everyone would share in your enthusiasm and appreciate your sharing nature, most will be jealous and hate, it's the world we live in, nothing we can do about it, it degenerated to this, the more you blend in the more "loved" you are most importantly left alone, not interfered with which is what pretty much everyone wants and needs!

I've achieved many things in my life which I am very proud of but I know that if I share them it will cause me more harm than good, which absolutely sucks because there is a lot of joy in sharing!

You will be ok we always learn from our experiences!

Kris, another tip is to change your Instagram name immediately. Because of all the tag's you are in from other people posting pics of your car on their page and including the DuPont Registery video, once you change your Instagram name they can't trace it back to you anymore.

I expected haters and don't mind them - it was the threats that surprised me. Regardless, I still enjoy all of my cars just as much as I did two days ago and the Veneno is still just as exciting now as it was when they first pulled the cover off and handed me my keys. I appreciate all the comments of support and advice. Let's move on. :icon_thumleft:

Any questions about the car?

Kris

I have two questions:

1. How many miles have you logged onto the car? My guess would be 250 miles B)

2. Was it a difficult process for getting the car insured? My last three cars were in the 90k to 125k range and it wasn't a hard process, but it also wasn't super easy too. Obviously I can't compare, but curious to know if ever was a sticking point during your transaction.

Again, thanks for the feedback on this amazing car and be safe out there!

Since we are taking questions! What is the most pleasant surprise you've found on/about/driving the car? Something you didn't know before delivery.

Any questions about the car?

WTH do the three switches do? :icon_mrgreen: I know Aaron and you both dodged the question before. Gelato machine? James Bond Missile launchers?

Kris

I have two questions:

1. How many miles have you logged onto the car? My guess would be 250 miles B)

2. Was it a difficult process for getting the car insured? My last three cars were in the 90k to 125k range and it wasn't a hard process, but it also wasn't super easy too. Obviously I can't compare, but curious to know if ever was a sticking point during your transaction.

Again, thanks for the feedback on this amazing car and be safe out there!

A little over 100 miles.

It took my team 2 days to get coverage worked out. Price is fair considering.

Since we are taking questions! What is the most pleasant surprise you've found on/about/driving the car? Something you didn't know before delivery.

It feels as light as my shoe, as fast a Bugatti Vitesse and it changes direction like the Sesto Elemento.

You forgot MPG!

It's not that bad. They use a variety of carbon fiber technologies to keep the weight down for better fuel economy :eusa_dance: instead of adding heavy batteries. :jackoff:

WTH do the three switches do? :icon_mrgreen: I know Aaron and you both dodged the question before. Gelato machine? James Bond Missile launchers?

I honestly can't remember and I haven't received my extra copies of the manual yet.

Kris, what about the front spoiler? is it enough high to drive on road bumpers without being damaged? and what is the true story about the seats?

thanks

ciao