Hugo Chavez DEAD

HannibalACP82

$5 fine for posting in your own thread 3 consecutive times. He's still dead

Let me know where to send the money. My edit feature is blocked out so I couldn't go back and actual add the link once they added substanence to the story.

:thefinger:

I will go sulk in the corner now...

Let me know where to send the money. My edit feature is blocked out so I couldn't go back and actual add the link once they added substanence to the story.

:thefinger:

I will go sulk in the corner now...

capt_chaos sexual harassment defense fund. I'll get the address

About fcuking time. Single handedly destroyed Venezuela.

South Florida has done remarkably well because of Chavez, first in the early 2000's when everyone there was fire saling all there assets to escape Chavez and now over the last few years with all the new rich that Chavez has created. One of my friends sold a 120' yacht to a veneuelan last month that up until a year or so ago was broke and digging ditches for the government. I can't wait to see what kind of political turmoil his death is going to bring about.

BTW, for an alternative view on the goings on in South America, watch a film called "South of the Border".

Damn, Mike took the lead in the Ghoul Pool...

No way, RD would have dq'd Chavez because political right?

It looks to me like RD awarded negative one point for that. Mike's losing!

:iamwithstupid:

Even I'm beating him and I didn't enter

They were saying inflation in Venezuela is sky-high (22%). I find it very interesting as a pure academic question as to how to fix the Venezuelan economic system for the next leader and make it a prosperous free-market economy. To fix high-inflation, generally you have to contract the money supply in a way that really tanks the economy. This was done in Chile after Allende wrecked things under Pinochet, and 1981-1982 by the United States by the Federal Reserve. Even worse, it doesn't always work.

Now Pinochet was a dictator but nonetheless the Chilean people protested heavily, and Ronald Reagan took a major hit politicially initially with Congress raising hell when the economy tanked when Paul Volcker raised interest rates. So for the next Venezuelan leader, it will be difficult to promise to "fix" everything, but then remain in power if they have to tank the economy to fix the inflation.

In re-privatizing the Chilean economy, at first it was haywire, monopolies forming and extreme corruption. Today they are pretty prosperous, so I hope that they can move Venezuela back. I'd imagine Venezuela is in a much better position than Chile from Allende, which had triple digit inflation at the time.

Hugo Chavez- 58 year old tin horn communist dictator most famous for making Fidel Castro look GOOD and for being this year's "Anna Nicole Smith, Most Likely to End Up in an Urn on the Mantel by Spring" award.. I cant write too much about this guy, because he could literally drop dead before I finish, and that would fcuk up the whole contest... He is pretty much dying of cancer as of this writing, however, these South American despots have a way of hanging on for years at death's door... Maybe its that overwhelming "smell of sulfur" he always complains about.... Hey.... Asshole.... George W. Bush is going to piss on your grave.... - 1 Pt.

And its 1 point (not negative 1... the - is used as a colon or separator there) to Pockmark. You're in the lead to win this years big prize which is (looking through pantry) a can of Cat Food!

Hopefully the guy who ran against him can get into the seat, and not some other Chavista asshole. I am sure we will see a lot of $$$ emerging out of this if and when Venezuela starts playing ball, but it is clear that they must, the unofficial $ exchange rate had been going ballistic over the last 6 months.. I am sure those with $ are already on the planes as we speak

My brother married a Venezuelan and he moved down there for a while (6 months or so). I went down to visit and told him it was just a matter of time before I get a call from his wife that he has been kidnapped and for me to get a team to fly down and get his ass. Not a cool place to visit if you ask me. I felt more comfortable in Columbia. Will be interesting to see what happens there in the next 12-24 months.

My brother married a Venezuelan and he moved down there for a while (6 months or so). I went down to visit and told him it was just a matter of time before I get a call from his wife that he has been kidnapped and for me to get a team to fly down and get his ass. Not a cool place to visit if you ask me. I felt more comfortable in Columbia. Will be interesting to see what happens there in the next 12-24 months.

Just curious, but what do you mean by "a team?" :)

the-expendables-2-group2.jpg

Will anything change with his VP? Or how does Venezuelan politics work?

Venezuela has great potential, it is incredibly rich in resources of all kinds not just oil, all they need is a sane political system and they'll be all right. If Chavez's cronies get their hands on power and keep the status quo not much will change I'm afraid.