Balboni unloads 1/1 Miura Roadster for Amelia Island

Destructo

Possibly the most beautiful car ever!

Any more info on the roadster? You say it's 1/1 but google images search shows them in several colors.

miura_targa_special.jpg

7412825608_6765b06fda_z.jpg

Pretty sure it is the same car, it has been refinished in a couple of colors. The blue one pictured, if I recall, was the olive green one you see above previously. Owned by a guy in NY.

That is indeed the original and only 'official' Miura roadster, made by Bertone rather than the factory (in case anyone doesn't know, Bertone designed and built the bodyshells for all Lamborghinis prior to the Diablo, aside from the 350/400 GT by Touring, and I think all the post-LP400 Countach variants were designed in-house). You can't tell from the video, but it actually has an open engine bay, and some unique details in the interior such as the steering wheel. Also has widened intakes behind the side windows.

post-10844-1362788111_thumb.jpg

post-10844-1362787918_thumb.jpg

The car has quite a story, it was sold to a zinc research company after finishing its tour of the motor shows, who performed a massive conversion on it. They manufactured a huge number of rather exquisite unique parts from exotic materials, as a showcase for what they could do (the darker green car pictured above, like Rouleur said). The car's current owner (I think) stripped the unique parts into storage, then repainted and converted it back into its original spec, which is how it looks today.

The SVJ spider pictured above (the lime green one) was converted by the Swiss Lambo importer in 1981 from a Miura S, so technically it isn't in any way official. However it was made with SVJ parts supplied by the factory, and the company kind of took it under its wing, showing it on their stand at Geneva and considering the concept for production (nearly a decade after it finished production, but the Miura definitely went off sale far too early). It's had a couple of back-and-forth conversions too, though not as extreme as the other one.

There are other chopped Miuras out there, but as far as I know they're all 100% private jobs.

:edit: tl;dr? Neither of the pics Nathan posted are photoshops, and the second is the same car Valentino's driving in the video.

Wow, the verde ithaca colored looks great!

It had never crossed my mind that there was even such thing as a Miura Roadster.

I wish I could fine a Miura this nice for a good price. This one is not for sale.

No such thing as a nice Miura for a good price anymore .

Dave, down here in Amelia now.. great time!

Allan, the Countach buying has already started as you know.. hard to find the good ones!

That is indeed the original and only 'official' Miura roadster, made by Bertone rather than the factory (in case anyone doesn't know, Bertone designed and built the bodyshells for all Lamborghinis prior to the Diablo, aside from the 350/400 GT by Touring, and I think all the post-LP400 Countach variants were designed in-house). You can't tell from the video, but it actually has an open engine bay, and some unique details in the interior such as the steering wheel. Also has widened intakes behind the side windows......

thanks for the info :icon_thumleft: